Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 30. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 532
Merit: 250
For now I never thought of doing such a thing because I only have a little BTC, but maybe that will happen in the next few years when my BTC develops.
Activity: 686
Merit: 282
1 BTC as a wedding gift? The fact that a lot of money is a good start to life + may help young couple in the investment Smiley.
Activity: 2912
Merit: 613
Winding down.

I thought I would sell that BTC to buy a wedding gift. It is more necessary than you give them BTC while they do not know what Bitcoin is, it is rubbish for them.

If that is the case then you should give bitcoin as a gift to the couple or newly wed who were users of bitcoin.  Better yet if you will give it as a gift, consider wrapping a usb or a cd containing information about bitcoin.  Maybe if they will see the value of it they will appreciate it and will be so grateful for your gift.  I hope someone will give bitcoin to me as a gift when I got married.

It can be a wedding gift if bride and groom are the "Bitcoiners" Grin But if they don't even know what Bitcoin is and think it is a scam, your gift totally a rubbish to them. Maybe you sell Bitcoin or change it into cash and give it to them, they will more happy then you give them Bitcoin.

You have your point too.Much better if you will cash it out already before giving it to the newly wed.That would be a very big blessing to them.They would be so thankful about it.I myself would be so eager to give to the newly wed also my earned bitcoin if they are already aware about bitcoin.But if not,i prefer to hand them cash enough to start their own family.
Activity: 777
Merit: 251
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Giving bitcoin as wedding gift in this occasion for the newly couples is only fine, if the couples are well knowledgeable into bitcoin like you they will be glad to accept it. But I agreed that if the couples re not well verse about in bitcoin they won't appreciate it because they don't know the value and significant of bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Good idea, nothing wrong with it. I so wish someone will gift me some coins right now. It could lead to some lost coins, but if the gifter takes the time to educate the gifted about bitcoins, it could help with adoption. My feeling is assuming the price shoots up in a few years, the receiver interest will pique, assuming they forget all about the coins in the interim.
Activity: 750
Merit: 258

I thought I would sell that BTC to buy a wedding gift. It is more necessary than you give them BTC while they do not know what Bitcoin is, it is rubbish for them.

If that is the case then you should give bitcoin as a gift to the couple or newly wed who were users of bitcoin.  Better yet if you will give it as a gift, consider wrapping a usb or a cd containing information about bitcoin.  Maybe if they will see the value of it they will appreciate it and will be so grateful for your gift.  I hope someone will give bitcoin to me as a gift when I got married.

It can be a wedding gift if bride and groom are the "Bitcoiners" Grin But if they don't even know what Bitcoin is and think it is a scam, your gift totally a rubbish to them. Maybe you sell Bitcoin or change it into cash and give it to them, they will more happy then you give them Bitcoin.
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
Actually, I was getting married half a year ago, and I really hoped that one of my nerdy friends will give me a bitcoin as a present.
I guess it depends on the receiver, and what are his thoughts about bitcoin.
I agree that you shouldn't force your prefered investment on someone else, but if he is already into this - why not?!
I say: Go for it!

P.S
And if one of you want to give me a late wedding present, my address is in my profile  Tongue
Agree. I will only give bitcoin as a wedding gift to the newly weds if one of them knows how to handle bitcoin because it is more convenient to give it as a gift because if they don't know how to handle bitcoin, what is the point in giving bitcoin as a gift right? So, before giving it as a wedding gift, you must first make sure that either one of them is knowledgeable about bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1010
ITSMYNE 🚀 Talk NFTs, Trade NFTs 🚀
Very interesting, personally I don't think I would.  They might not understand it and see it as insulting or cheap when really I'm giving them something greater than gold Cheesy

It's definitely greater than gold. If the same question was asked some years ago then everyone here would have said yes and might have donated 100+ bitcoins but right now it's a complicated question.
To OP: Are you married.? Invite us and you'll know..  Grin
Activity: 994
Merit: 544

If that is the case then you should give bitcoin as a gift to the couple or newly wed who were users of bitcoin.  Better yet if you will give it as a gift, consider wrapping a usb or a cd containing information about bitcoin.  Maybe if they will see the value of it they will appreciate it and will be so grateful for your gift.  I hope someone will give bitcoin to me as a gift when I got married.

Activity: 228
Very interesting, personally I don't think I would.  They might not understand it and see it as insulting or cheap when really I'm giving them something greater than gold Cheesy
Activity: 70
Merit: 0

In this case, you sound like you're making the right decision. But if the recipient knows about the ins and outs, I think giving a BTC would be a great gift.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
At a first I thought to myself - What an absolutely stupid idea. Noone would appreciate it. But on a second thought I think that might be great idea. The great things in life comes as a surprise. When someone would have no expactation to it and later in life it would increase ten time in value, that would bring a great joy. There would be some things to talk about.

On the other hand if bitcoin would become close to worthless you might feel stupid that way.

So in a summary. If you are not in a close relations with the just married, and you have nothing to lose - Thats awesome idea, especially when you bitcoins are not the only gift. If you are a family of the just married I would say the idea is a nono.
Activity: 195
"Proof-of-Asset Protocol"
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27
Bitcoing can be a gift for the person who are interested and aware. If you will make it gift to your wife make sure that she is aware to the bitcoin.
Activity: 686
Merit: 500
Its really a good idea.The new couples would have got very much bored due to old gifts.This might be a change for them.They might get impressed by this gift.We could wish them their life to prosper as bitcoin's progress.It would be a great investment and it might giv them a huge return in their future.
Activity: 122
At the moment I think this is probably very rare. Because the number of Bitcoin users who own btc is still very small. But in the future it will probably be more popular and appear more.When btc is popular in many places, if possible I also want to give or get wedding gifts is btc.

Activity: 1400
Merit: 571
Yes ,,, if our friend the same understand what bitcoin is and understand how to use bitcoin. Seems to be a rare gift in the wedding

But if our friend does not understand what bitcoin is and how to use it, it seems like it would be useless to give it.

Yeah, but don't you think that it would be better if you are going to give it as a gift to the woman you are going to marry, right? because it is better if you two do know how to earn bitcoin, in this way, you could easily earn and save money in order to have something if you wanted to build a house, buy a car and whatever you do need in your everyday living.

Having your own family will be harder since you are not alone anymore, you need to raise children and must have money to sustain whatever they want and need.
Activity: 700
Merit: 300
Wow never thought of it but I think it would be ideal gift in this era or in the years to come. They can get these bitcoins and may receive big profits in the years to come. This will make them remind if the person who gave the gift of bitcoin. It looks pretty awesome concept and with little modification it can be made just perfect one. Bitcoin can be given in the physical form by some way or other which they can put it on to wallet later. Nice idea. :-)

Activity: 714
Merit: 261
Looks pretty good but doesn't seem to be in trend with current situation. It really matters where the gift of bitcoin is being given or to whom it is given. If I get a bitcoin note with barcode embedded on it and I don't even know what bitcoin is or not much interested to know then how I may proceed with it? Or will I be happy to receive it?  Roll Eyes

The idea is very nice but only will work if the both parties are like minded and well aware of the technology. Or it might create confusion. Lols.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
No.
I said no, cause it will be a double work for the people who are wedding (i.e selling it and then making withdrawal) which will take them time to have the money instantly at hand.
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1006
No I wouldn't give bitcoin as a wedding gift, all bitcoin available to me is mine for long term investment strategies Grin
They can have stinking fiat Grin
Hahah funny lol, why would you need to give it on wedding gift. keep it with yourself and if you are interesting to giving bitcoin as a gift try to give another altcoins instead bitcoin. Because we know that bitcoin is a useful while altcoins are useless. So in my opinion introduce them a bitcoin what is bitcoin. But give them altcoin.
According to me, bitcoin is not a suitable gift for wedding couples. Ofcourse everyone needs money especially newly wedding couples to buy house things. But they will not keep it in their mind long time. The old people will gift money to couples. If your friend wants to remember your gift for a long time better buy something that he is looking to buy in future. If he or she is your best friend, then you may know what they want to buy. If you gift them what he/she is expecting no money will replace that thrill and enjoyment.
Pages:
Jump to: