Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 25. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 994
Merit: 503
No, I not want my wedding gift is Bitcoin, it was not a good gift for me and my wife.
Because the wedding gift I need is a gift have more value spiritual than value physical.
Activity: 826
Merit: 501
That's an interesting question!!! Maybe my notions are somewhat outdated, but a wedding gift has to be more personal and well...tangible. If I consider it, the couple should have at least some idea about the value of Bitcoin. But then again, it's really impersonal. But that's just my opinion
If you create a polling you can understand majority of the users doesn't know anything about bitcoin at the beginning. Slowly little by little they started to learn more about it and now found successful. So, personally I will be gifting to wedding couple even if they were not aware of it. A small description is more than enough to make them understand.

Sending them bitcoins as a gift is like giving them an invitation to join and invest in bitcoin. So basically, it is a win-win situation both of our parts due to being beneficial, yet meaningful. Even if the couple has zero knowledge about it, sending them bitcoins as a gift will give them the awareness about the existence of bitcoin and this may provide them the opportunity to invest once they fully understand cryptocurrencies.
The determining factor that may hinder me from sending bitcoin as a gift is their nature as a couple. If both are known as investors, then bitcoin may be the perfect gift! But if they are the kind of people who are very sentimental, then giving them that is tangible is the obvious choice.
Why not if it makes the couple happier. Giving wedding gifts is not a big deal at all. We can give any precious gifts because that's a very important day of people's lives. If my friends are also bitcoiners like me and I think they deserve to have a bitcoin as my wedding gift. Definitely I would give them if I had much.
Activity: 2268
Merit: 789
That's an interesting question!!! Maybe my notions are somewhat outdated, but a wedding gift has to be more personal and well...tangible. If I consider it, the couple should have at least some idea about the value of Bitcoin. But then again, it's really impersonal. But that's just my opinion
If you create a polling you can understand majority of the users doesn't know anything about bitcoin at the beginning. Slowly little by little they started to learn more about it and now found successful. So, personally I will be gifting to wedding couple even if they were not aware of it. A small description is more than enough to make them understand.

Sending them bitcoins as a gift is like giving them an invitation to join and invest in bitcoin. So basically, it is a win-win situation both of our parts due to being beneficial, yet meaningful. Even if the couple has zero knowledge about it, sending them bitcoins as a gift will give them the awareness about the existence of bitcoin and this may provide them the opportunity to invest once they fully understand cryptocurrencies.
The determining factor that may hinder me from sending bitcoin as a gift is their nature as a couple. If both are known as investors, then bitcoin may be the perfect gift! But if they are the kind of people who are very sentimental, then giving them that is tangible is the obvious choice.
Activity: 42
Merit: 0
Maybe if my friend is a bitcoin user too, but if he/she is not,  Of course I would not. But I think bitcoin is a good gift for a wedding because it is decentralized and they can used it to travel the world more easier, like some new wedded couples do.

I wouldn't like to give someone my bitcoin as a gift, but I will have wedding in October and would be really heppy to get Bitcoin as a wedding gift Wink
Activity: 812
Merit: 126
Maybe if my friend is a bitcoin user too, but if he/she is not,  Of course I would not. But I think bitcoin is a good gift for a wedding because it is decentralized and they can used it to travel the world more easier, like some new wedded couples do.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Of course dude , gotta find a wife that knows bitcoin and other shit about cryptocurrency lol . But im still poor anyway even cant afford to pay internet bills . But soon mate i will get rich from these coin shit and i will make my own project with billions profit
Activity: 2310
Merit: 532
Enterapp Pre-Sale Live - bit.ly/3UrMCWI
Activity: 28
Personally I would not for the simple reason that I would not like it if someone offered it to me. Better offer some true gift rather than money, whatever it is.
legendary
Activity: 910
Merit: 1000
Activity: 434
Maybe on future you use bitcoin as gift to wedding or give bitcoin to some person that use bitcoin either groom or bride.
Activity: 672
Merit: 250
Another nice thing about giving btc versus giving a toaster or set of plates is that you are guiding the new couple to a thing that can actually help them in their financial future.

By giving them btc, they will need to learn about btc to spend/save it, and you know what they say about teaching someone to fish.
Well for me, I will just huy another set of plates or glasses or bed sheets because my bitcoin is very precious to me. I would just find time to reach them how to earn bitcoin rather than just giving it to them so that they will have their own bitcoin too and teach their soon to be kids.
Activity: 27
Another nice thing about giving btc versus giving a toaster or set of plates is that you are guiding the new couple to a thing that can actually help them in their financial future.

By giving them btc, they will need to learn about btc to spend/save it, and you know what they say about teaching someone to fish.
Activity: 378
Embrace change
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

This is one cool idea. For sure, the newlywed will have a good time spending the bitcoin - better yet, invest it for their future plans (such as trip around the world). The bitcoin gift makes them realize the importance of cryptocurrency and how beneficial it is to improve the quality of their lives.
Activity: 588
Merit: 251
HELENA
Yes, why not if? It will serve as a new investment for the newly wed. Provided that they are familiar with bitcoin. If not, it is possible but need to introduce to both of them what is it all about.
Activity: 616
Merit: 262
Yes as long as one of them know already about cryptocurrency because probably they might be delighted to see that their gift maybe one of the factors that can make them retire early. It is not wise to give bitcoin a gift to people who are not tech savvy or those who have no idea that bitcoin exist because they might just disregard it or will not access it but maybe if you explain to them properly what it is then it might make them be interested especially if they know how much its worth.
Activity: 140
Well, I don't know if i could give up bitcoin  Roll Eyes.
But i would sure as hell love to get a bitcoin as a wedding gift and i would just keep it never trading it for real money, treat it like red wine and see how much he gets better with time Grin.
I find usual wedding gifts as cliché and kind of boring so maybe if i wasnt very attached to my bitcoins i would one day give some  Tongue.
Activity: 1974
Merit: 101
that's great bitcoin for wedding gift.
i think not only for wedding. but for another celebration gift bitcoin will be a great gift too.
Activity: 616
wow, hahaah its a nice idea to make bitcoin as a gift on wedding hahahaha its a genius i hope my friend give bitcoin in her wedding party  Grin Grin
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
Why not you can give bitcoin as a wedding gift , in the future bitcoin will be a kind of very valuable item.

I would not give bitcoin as a wedding gift. Because I'm not so rich and a little greedy. But in general it is a wonderful gift and no one would have refused it. This gift will cost more and more day by day.
to me i am already married otherwise nothing was wrong there. in fact i have already given go may gifts to my wife that i already bought from the profit of bitcoin.  in fact my wife know about bitcoin very much and even she is also involve in trading altcoin and getting good profit from there, we some time discuss different issues related to bitcoin.
Activity: 370
Forza Italia
No. it will be too expensive present

Uh, can't you give them a fraction of a coin?  0.001 coin or something?  I really don't understand this mentality.  It's not like buying something from a store is free, either.
Offcourse it is different, but giving 100 or 200 bucks in bitcoin is a nice idea. You will be the only one given them this valuable gift, of this I am certain.

However you should give them a ledger nano too. Just so they are safe.
Pages:
Jump to: