Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you give bitcoin as a wedding gift? - page 29. (Read 17938 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

I just suggested this to a friend who is getting married recently and he loved the idea.  Grin
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
I still prefer the traditional way of giving gifts to wedding celebrants instead of bitcoins unless the groom and bride wishes for it. One of the reason I still prefer the conventional way was because the gift we were giving on newly wed couple can have sentimental value to them and can be stored or use as they were living together.
Some tech-savvy wedding-goers are gifting the digital currency to new couples. Honeyfund, a honeymoon registry that allows guests to give cash rather than gifts, has seen more than a dozen customers donate in bitcoin, said chief executive officer and co-founder Sara Margulis. In recent years, more than a dozen customers have chosen to route donations to the site from bitcoin wallets. Zola, a wedding registry website, has had just two cash funds created for bitcoins since 2013, a spokeswoman said. "I would expect it to pop more as millennials come into the wedding age,” Honeyfund’s Margulis said. “It’s something you will do if your friends and family are already into bitcoin.

Bitcoin as an retirement plan, bitcoin to secure the future of your kids, and now bitcoin as a wedding gift. Whether or not bitcoin replaces cash in future, it looks like the trend of gifting bitcoin instead of cash at weddings is definitely going to catch up and more wedding registeries would be adding bitcoin as a gifting option.

Avoid using a wedding gift "as an opportunity to proselytize a technology you personally believe in, but the recipient could not care less about."

People who are not into bitcoin might not appreciate getting a volatile currency as a gift, and might never use it, thus adding it to the list of lost coins, but I think people who are already using bitcoin or would most probably use it in future then bitcoin instead of cash is the apt wedding gift for them.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/would-you-give-bitcoin-as-a-wedding-gift-2017-06-27

Ummm.. I don't know if that's a very good idea. What if the person who is being given the gift of bitcoin doesn't believe in bitcoin

That is a brilliant idea. I would totally do it. Instead of spending a bomb on my childrens' weddings, I would anyday give them a nice gift. And this would be a sensible gift. They'll be able to use it in the future.

I would do it if my partner understood about bitcoin and appreciated what I gave her.

Wow! I think this is great.
Activity: 548
Merit: 100
I once thought If I had more, I would give it.
I will give it, but I see who gets married if he knows about bitcoin I will give it.
copper member
Activity: 1050
Merit: 294
In my perspective bitcoin would be the best gift for our kids as their wedding gift because they will get benefit of it in future and can make their lives much better using it. I will do so if i would have that much funds until my kids become young.
Activity: 471
Merit: 500
If the couple really is into it, why not.

But surely I will get a nice physical coin then load the right amount to it myself.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1000
I would only give bitcoin as a wedding gift if the bride and groom specifically requested it. Depending on how well I knew either of the bride or groom, I may give bitcoin in addition to a traditional gift, I guess.

I do think bitcoin would make a great graduation gift for someone graduating from high school or college/university.
legendary
Activity: 1120
Merit: 1001
1NF4xXDDpMVmeazJxJDLrFxuJrCAT7CB1b
İ never thinked about that. But it seems very interesting  Smiley Coz btc is costly gift. Everybody wants money as a gift. After that theme i decided to give btc for my brother's wedding. With it do what you want. The matter is in wedding day nobody knows what i'll give to brother
Activity: 156
Things like I've ever thought about, but I have not been able to make it happen,
Since my Btc is not enough, maybe someday I will do it.
Activity: 285
Agree, This is a plan from the beginning I know about bitcoin and I've suggested to friends who already have BTC, I support it Grin Grin
copper member
Activity: 560
Merit: 253
For me I think it will depend on whom I am giving it to. I wouldn't just give it to anyone unless very special. I value the value of my bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Yes, i would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, this gift is precious to give for them because i know they appreciate bitcoin and they might investing in bitcoin, its an investing in the future. Someone that give you a bitcoin is a great thing because you work hard for it just to give it, and they will must appreciate the value of bitcoin. I'm make sure this gift i know they will ready to dive into cryptocurrencies. I hope couple appreciate this.

I will after the August 1 and see where bitcoin is heading and if it is heading upward trend, that is the time that I will send it as a wedding gift offer - I don't want to give them if I myself is not certain yet of what will happen after august 1.
Activity: 532
Merit: 101
Yes, i would give bitcoin as a wedding gift, this gift is precious to give for them because i know they appreciate bitcoin and they might investing in bitcoin, its an investing in the future. Someone that give you a bitcoin is a great thing because you work hard for it just to give it, and they will must appreciate the value of bitcoin. I'm make sure this gift i know they will ready to dive into cryptocurrencies. I hope couple appreciate this.
Activity: 29
I think it's very nice a gift but you need also pay attention who will that's gifft get, because you can maybe someone with that's gifft also hurt. It is only important that you pay attention whom you that's gifft giving.
Activity: 756
If the person getting married is a bitcoiner then he would love accepting his gifts in bitcoin. Personally, I would too accept bitcoin as a gift for my wedding but some people who dont know about bitcoin would not prefer it. Anyways its a gift so cant refuse. Bitcoin can really be used for retirement, securing future, education, etc

I am most likely certain that most of the communities in different countries know already the value and potential of bitcoins and for those who have not learn yet in the wedding area, you will get them excited and be able to help them in investing to one of the best investment online so far.
Activity: 560
Merit: 286
If the person getting married is a bitcoiner then he would love accepting his gifts in bitcoin. Personally, I would too accept bitcoin as a gift for my wedding but some people who dont know about bitcoin would not prefer it. Anyways its a gift so cant refuse. Bitcoin can really be used for retirement, securing future, education, etc
Activity: 952
Merit: 503
For now I never thought of doing such a thing because I only have a little BTC, but maybe that will happen in the next few years when my BTC develops.
I appreciate your love for your future better half and courage too for giving her so precious gift. It‘s not far away when people will start exchanging bitcoins on special occasions as means of greetings. Bitcoins are the diamonds of the digital world. Soon the whole world is going after bitcoins. They would be the most expensive ways of giving surprises or gifts to our beloved ones.
Pages:
Jump to: