Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you still support Ethereum, if Vitalik left it? - page 3. (Read 3120 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 251
Of course I would, Ethereum now is bigger than just Vitalik Buterin alone, I know he's influence in the ethereum community cannot be undermined, But Bitcoin still does exist and is doing pretty great with the absence of Satoshi, even though is presence would have obviously made Bitcoin better. Vitalik absence will be duly felt but, that doesn't mean the project can't continue in his absence.
You're pretty right. Not only bitcoin, but doge also like that. From there we should be able to think, not always when the founder leaves, a platform will fall. Support from the community really can make dogecoin continue to live until today, especially with ethereum which has a community greater than dogecoin.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1014
The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?

Don't think Ethereum project would be still as powerful and famous in case Vitalik's gone. It's based mainly on his personality and obviously such a loss will cause a dramatic popularity decrease. Nobody will show his photo to friends, talk about young genius phenomenon and laugh at some funny gifs with him Smiley
copper member
Activity: 2044
Merit: 793
Of course I would, Ethereum now is bigger than just Vitalik Buterin alone, I know he's influence in the ethereum community cannot be undermined, But Bitcoin still does exist and is doing pretty great with the absence of Satoshi, even though is presence would have obviously made Bitcoin better. Vitalik absence will be duly felt but, that doesn't mean the project can't continue in his absence.
Activity: 644
Merit: 100
the project will continue to develop but it will not to be so popular. because when the project founder leaves it - investors lose their trust
that might happen. but if the owner leaves the project it means there will be no further development. not a matter of investor confidence, but if there is no development this project can have a negative impact on the market. this will make the market go down quickly, even most coins will lose their markets.
Activity: 658
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
The recent news about Vitalik Buterin considering to leave ETH for Google made me think about the potential aftermath of such situation. Of course, no one takes it seriously now, and neither do I. But what if something like this could really happen? Of course, we can be safe that it will not happen right now, and all of us understand it. But what if one day he really left the team of Ethereum, then would you personally continue supporting this coin? Or you think that ETH will just die without its creator?
Vitalik is the founder of Ethereum but that is not the reason Eth achieves the present value. Investors and holders are the ones who decide what it will achieve. If this happens I will always follow a dynamic number so if everyone leaves it then I will no longer support it.
Activity: 714
Merit: 16
Personally I will support Ethereum, since 2017 that I joined this forum I heard of ethereum first as the number one altcoin and still today I don't think is lacking that feature. Either he leaves or not I think the effect will just be for a while and people will forget about him while the coin will continue to exist. I remain loyal to Ethereum.
Activity: 210
Merit: 1
Ethereum is a good coin and even if this happens I will still support Ethereum, although I am more than sure that Vitaly will not leave the project.

I am also sure they will not abandon the project , even if leave, I am sure that the team knows its business and will make the coin even better!
Activity: 158
Merit: 10
If one day he leaves Ethereum, Vitalik must have had a reason why he came out of Ethereum. Then the question is why people have to leave ethereum because the creators have gone out? And then next question is why people are still supporting ethereum when the creators have gone out?
Because ETH still works well when he leaves it. No problem, what we need is the project works smoothly and without any difficulties.
Activity: 333
of course, without vitality I'm sure ethereum can develop. ethereum has a team of experienced developers and there will definitely be many new innovations that exist or without vitality in the future.
the project will continue to develop but it will not to be so popular. because when the project founder leaves it - investors lose their trust
Activity: 230
You mean if Vitalik leave it right?
Ethereum has a team and Vitalik is just one of them , did Apple company died when Steve Jobs died?
It doesn't really matter as long as Eth is innovative and useful.
Activity: 882
Merit: 11
Volare.network
of course, without vitality I'm sure ethereum can develop. ethereum has a team of experienced developers and there will definitely be many new innovations that exist or without vitality in the future.
Activity: 602
Sure that I will support, Vitalik Buterin is a Genius but Eth now can works also without him.. project is solid and we will see if hardfork costantinopole will bring new trust from investors
Activity: 328
If one day he leaves Ethereum, Vitalik must have had a reason why he came out of Ethereum. Then the question is why people have to leave ethereum because the creators have gone out? And then next question is why people are still supporting ethereum when the creators have gone out?
Activity: 142
In the event that he leaves the group, at that point I don't think anything terrible will occur. The Ethereum  will continue as before famous and  its  group will still work  for future growth
Activity: 630
Merit: 253
You never know what can really happen, unless it happens. Market's nature is unpredictable.

As I see it Eth  may just win from such a situation. It is extra attention to the coin, plus when it proves it can successfully work without the leader, it becomes immortal. Price may go high up.

Eth is extremely trustful project, I believe in it. Though  I dont think the creator will leave it no matter what.
Activity: 364
Merit: 3
GIGZI - INDEPENDENT WEALTH MANAGEMENT
I still support Ethereum ,even of Vitalik left it , it is very usual in any business that ,if the two parties which collaborate at first , does not agree anymore in terms and conditions will take part of each other ,then we look to and move forward , but the support for ethereum from will always be there no matter what happen , this is just one of the odds coming and not the whole ethereum.
Activity: 700
Ethereum is one of the strongest coins and I think that even if Vitalik leaves the Ethereum project, Ethereum itself will not go to the bottom.
Activity: 546
Why not, it's not vitalik was the one that gave me the money to invest in the coin, it is my money we are talking about here and I put it in ethereum because I know that no matter what a coin like ethereum is always going to end up doing well so even if vitalik left, the coin might take a bit of a hit but it will always bounce back because of the investors
Activity: 504
I think that the project Ethereum will not suffer from the fact that Vitalik will not be there. There are now a lot of developers who do all the necessary work without Vitalik.
NLO
Activity: 448
MenaPay - Crypto made easier than cash
Why did you decide that Buterin will leave his project, his development? That's not likely to happen. And if this happens, the price of Ethereum will be slightly shaken.
Pages:
Jump to: