Pages:
Author

Topic: Would you still use bitcoins if the price would be stable? - page 19. (Read 2043 times)

Activity: 150
Merit: 4
to understand properly. Bitcoin is a currency that is not guaranteed by any organization. Their value is entirely based on the community of users, who believe in its nature. So bitcoin to me is both, a tool to make money and a kind of transaction in the future.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
I am pretty much interested to know how many people here uses bitcoin because of it's system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike paypal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of it's nature, or because it's a financial tool of making money?

Yes for sure because the reason that it can give me an opportunity to gain and earn money even without a physical job was already a great thing Bitcoin has provided so if the price will be just stable, I will still get into using it for good just to continuously grant my needs and wants and also to support our financial needs. It wll be great if Bitcoin's price will be held into a real high price so that the equivalent value will be still a high amount to become more beneficial for its users.
Activity: 336
Merit: 10
I am pretty much interested to know how many people here uses bitcoin because of it's system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike paypal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of it's nature, or because it's a financial tool of making money?

I think that no one will use bitcoins if the price of cryptocurrency is stable because they will really not earn profit if the price is not growing or increasing periodically. Different people are using bitcoins in order for them to earn profit in the future when the prices in the market increase its value again.
Activity: 49
Merit: 0
I use bitcoin because I hope to make money on it. I'm not sure it would be interesting to me if I didn't see the prospects of earning in it. Although now you can buy goods in online stores for bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Why wouldn't I? These two potentialities highlighted by you is even enough for A Bitcoin addict to stick to Bitcoin during it's instability, not to now talk of when it is stabled. I cherished Bitcoin for it's volatility that keeps it going in the Crypto world, as I equally adore Bitcoin for it's Financial benefits since I know my ways in this field of on line Digital store of value.
Yes, I will and always will. My main reason to having some bitcoin to myself anyway is to be able to make transactions across border without the government breathing down my neck and bitcoin has been able to solve that, so why would I want to stop using it because it is stable. The increase in value most times is just a plus to my holding, but who really cares as what I have been holding for the past 4 years anyway has increased more than I would spend all at once if it stabilizes.
Activity: 166
Merit: 11

I pretty much still would because I wouldn't have any use for the bitcoin that I currently have. Although, investing on it again would be irrelevant because of the fact that bitcoin is not volatile anymore. If it's value would be consistent then people would look for a different coin where they can invest on because of it's volatility and potentially earn money.
Activity: 895
Merit: 250
Why wouldn't I? These two potentialities highlighted by you is even enough for A Bitcoin addict to stick to Bitcoin during it's instability, not to now talk of when it is stabled. I cherished Bitcoin for it's volatility that keeps it going in the Crypto world, as I equally adore Bitcoin for it's Financial benefits since I know my ways in this field of on line Digital store of value.
Activity: 798
Merit: 104
I would probably slukavil saying that I use bitcoin because of its anonymity and safety. Most likely because of the possibility of earning money on the volatile market.

Well said,  for me i will still use btc if the is stsble yet stable at the high rates probably. This would be an advantage to us and to those who has already a big amount of btc.

Yes, its definately a big advantage once the price of bitcoin is concern when its volatility pump it's highest value in the market. But this will not be stable like gold having increasing its value every year. Volatility of bitcoin comes in advantage and disadvantage. The disadvantage is unpredictable like what the current price today that amazingly fall.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1025
First of all, the price of bitcoin will not be stable. That is why it is called volatile. And this is because of the demand of bitcoin in the present market. People would still use bitcoin whatever happens because bitcoin price will never be stable. That makes it more interesting.
And it is that volatility that makes the whole cryptocurrency space tick. It is good for traders anyway and I have been enjoying the volatility and for those worrying themselves already with their comments as if bitcoin is already stable, they really do not need to bother themselves much.

All the above, even if at all it gets stable to a point that the volatility is no longer high, it will still be usable for me for a lot of things that we cannot even start mentioning but for most of it, transaction purposes.
Activity: 57
Merit: 2
probably not anymore,
for me the bitcoin is special because the price fluctuations change significantly. So if the price is stable, bitcoin will leave a continuing weakness to date, namely the legality of each country. People will feel free with fiat money that is clearly legal in any country and no worries during a visit abroad
Weakness because of stability? Grin Well, it would not actually be fun for traders anymore in that instance, but with respect to weakness, I am not sure what you are trying to drive at with that. The main essence of bitcoin as a currency will still be there and it will always serve its purpose of easily making transactions without border barriers and apparently, anyone who is here for just bitcoin being a speculative asset will never get that.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
I am pretty much interested to know how many people here use bitcoin because of its system, because of the anonymous and the security it provides, and because of the fact that it is really easy to transact over the internet, and there's no one who can just block your account(unlike PayPal, a platform that provides an easy way to pay over the internet, but you rely on PayPal to keep your account open).

So, are you guys using bitcoin because of its nature, or because it's a financial tool for making money?

I use Bitcoin just as an investment asset. And the investment goal is to buy coins at a low price and expect the coin to rise in price in a few months or even years. So if the price is stable Bitcoin means that if to invest is not going to be profitable anymore, maybe if one day the price is stable means more suitable to be a tool of transactions in everyday life.
Activity: 274
Merit: 10
I would probably slukavil saying that I use bitcoin because of its anonymity and safety. Most likely because of the possibility of earning money on the volatile market.

Well said,  for me i will still use btc if the is stsble yet stable at the high rates probably. This would be an advantage to us and to those who has already a big amount of btc.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1029
Bitcoin is the way to earn some extra money and i will use Bitcoin untill it give me any kind of profit either the prices would be stable or not.
At least you can easily still be able to work online and still earn it, get paid and withdraw your thing no matter where you are in the world, isn't it ?

It is funny that I can see that the reason why a lot of people are here is just because of the idea of them getting rich over night with bitcoin and not because bitcoin actually serve a purpose which is highly useful in the future. Do not worry; as long as it is decentralized, you have nothing to worry.
Activity: 616
Merit: 100
FRX: Ferocious Alpha
Yes! I will still use it, in spite of its unstable condition, I believe bitcoin is not only a matter of price value although it is really important but with its many feature one can truly benefit from it..using it makes everyone at ease and secure.
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
Most likely, yes, but to save their savings by half of this outcome, this will be the best option for bitcoin
Activity: 1236
Merit: 252
I use bitcoin for financial tool, we all know in other country many people use bitcoin for paymants because easy paymants and i really sure bitcoin will grow and grow in future when all use internet for transaction, just my perception about bitcoin Grin
Indeed  it is easy to use bitcoin than the other fiat money we can buy all kind of goods using bitcoin and same as us a lot of other countries as you said are accepting bitcoin as a payment, they believe that someday they will get huge profit form bitcoin, if they will increase the use bitcoin in their country, I trust bitcoin and I know soon bitcoin will become legal currency I my state the market strategy does not let bitcoin to be stable it use to increase and decrease but I think it is positive thing for bitcoin to change the price, p[people buy at low and sell at high, if bitcoin will be stable it will lose the twist only but still people will use I guess.
Activity: 630
Merit: 14

Personally, I like everything in bitcoin. Anonymity, security and so on. Of course I can not disagree with the fact that financially me bitcoin also suits completely. I think that I'm not the only one of its kind who loves bitcoin for what it is.
Activity: 266
Merit: 12

Of course yes. When the price become highly stable, I will still continue to use it. Since I am already earning in Bitcoin, why would I stop. Let's see the reality that Bitcoin now is more of profit or money making thing. Many bitcoin holders believe that it can give us good income or profit.
Activity: 980
Merit: 255
In case that the price of bitcoin becomes stable, I would use it more often times. For me, bitcoin will becomes a means of exchange or a payment because the price was no longer volatile. In that case, the traders or investors may use bitcoin not as a means of trade rather to be a storage of assets. Because there stabilize in the price, bitcoin can use in a daily services.
The price of bitcoin is not going to become stable anytime soon however that doesn't mean that is not usable, you can take advantage of the volatility of bitcoin and use it in your favor, you can use bitcoin when the price is very high that way the products and services you are buying will be cheaper, for example it will be a bad idea to use your bitcoin right now that the price is very cheap but once it goes back to the previous all time high or even higher you could use bitcoin and in a way get a discount for the products and services you are looking for.
Activity: 434
Merit: 104
It depends if the person is trader or investor I think they interest on bitcoin will be gone the outcome would be finding another crypto that they can get a profit but if the person want bitcoin to used for their basic needs like paying bills and others I think they will prefer bitcoin because of stable value and it will be more like a regular currency.
Pages:
Jump to: