Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] MS67/66/65 Casascius Coins - High Grade Collectible History! - page 2. (Read 15487 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501

Yeah - the entire point of collectibles is the attachment to history. Collecting is a fundamentally sentimental human affliction.

No other physical bitcoin could be as tightly coupled with the progress of Bitcoin in general as Casascius coins; from inception as an experiment in 2011, to termination due to concerns regarding regulatory overreach from FinCEN. Plus almost every news article between 2011-2014 using a Casascius coin stock image in their story...

That's the kind of history that collectors will want to own a part of down the road. The newer physical bitcoins may have some temporary novelty, but none will ever match the relationship Casascius coins have to the Bitcoin experiment. Look at the history of other coins and collectibles... In the long-run, the story often matters more than the rarity (to a point), and Casascius coins have both.

Well said ^

I agree completely and it is the reason my collection is solely Casascius coins!
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1003
what do the silver/gold 2013 coins go for these days? I was selling at 2.3BTC each a while back but I feel like the value must be creeping up towards 3BTC by now

The market has cooled off lately.  There are a lot of new coins made by different groups now which may attract collectors, but the original Casascius coin is still the best option long term for collectors. IMHO

Ungraded I would say 2-2.5.

Yeah - the entire point of collectibles is the attachment to history. Collecting is a fundamentally sentimental human affliction.

No other physical bitcoin could be as tightly coupled with the progress of Bitcoin in general as Casascius coins; from inception as an experiment in 2011, to termination due to concerns regarding regulatory overreach from FinCEN. Plus almost every news article between 2011-2014 using a Casascius coin stock image in their story...

That's the kind of history that collectors will want to own a part of down the road. The newer physical bitcoins may have some temporary novelty, but none will ever match the relationship Casascius coins have to the Bitcoin experiment. Look at the history of other coins and collectibles... In the long-run, the story often matters more than the rarity (to a point), and Casascius coins have both.
Looks interesting

Yes they are.  They look even more interesting in your hand!
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Looks interesting
legendary
Activity: 2128
Merit: 1119
Yeah Casascius market is not like it used to be  Embarrassed  I assume if BTC rises again it might pick up a bit.
Activity: 5
Merit: 0
Wow, after seeing how much some of these have sold for elsewhere, I can't believe the market is now warranting such offers as "1.7btc" for a 2011.
What did the BTC1 Silver MS 65 go for?

Collectible history indeed!

2.25 BTC - Great deal...
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
What did the BTC1 Silver MS 65 go for?

Collectible history indeed!
1 BTC Gold/Silver MS65 Grade

This coin is now sold -  Lips sealed
Activity: 66
Merit: 10
ngo kiem tuan
Get your collectibles for less, look beutifull coin
1.7 for the 1BTC Gold/Silver.

Sorry - that is too low of an offer.  Sent a PM.
Activity: 672
1.7 for the 1BTC Gold/Silver.
Some great coins available here!  Reasonable offers will be considered!
what do the silver/gold 2013 coins go for these days? I was selling at 2.3BTC each a while back but I feel like the value must be creeping up towards 3BTC by now

The market has cooled off lately.  There are a lot of new coins made by different groups now which may attract collectors, but the original Casascius coin is still the best option long term for collectors. IMHO

Ungraded I would say 2-2.5.
legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1005
ASIC Wannabe
Prices still lowered for the following coins:

2012 1 BTC MS66 Grade - Price - BTC 2.6
2012 1 BTC MS65 Grade - Price - BTC 2
2013 .5 BTC MS65 Grade - Price - BTC .9

are these still for sale?

Yes the OP is up to date with inventory forsale.  Feel free to make offers for any that you are interested in purchasing.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
are these still for sale?
2013 .5 BTC MS64 Grade has been sold.
Pages:
Jump to: