Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] MS67/66/65 Casascius Coins - High Grade Collectible History! - page 5. (Read 15487 times)

legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
S2 or S3?  The S2 is a MS66 and the S3 is a MS67

I have not seen a graded S2 offered forsale.  There may be some in private collections, but not forsale.
I have not seen a S3 offered forsale at MS67 yet either.

My mistake I keep thinking your S2 is a MS67 (wishful thinking on behalf of you).
Activity: 784
Merit: 501
I would be very surprised if you sell that 0.5 coin for 16 BTC Grin.

I was very surprised when I sold a non-graded one for 13.5 Smiley

Collectibles: people like to collect 'em. Who knew. Smiley

EDIT: Incidentally, I've recently come to learn that in addition to the condition ratings (MS-*, etc), you can use the Sheldon Scale for describing rarity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_grading#Rarity_factor
http://varietynickels.com/pages/other-numismatic-information/rarity-system.php

The Series-2 0.5 silvers would fall under the R5 category; the next most rare Casascius coin would be the 1000btc gold coin, with a rating of R7. The next most common would be both varieties of 10BTC coin, with a rarity of R3.

The more you know Cheesy

Thanks for that information professor nubbins!
I was unaware of the Sheldon Rarity Factor scale.  Good to learn something new!   Grin
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1009

I was very surprised when I sold a non-graded one for 13.5 Smiley

Collectibles: people like to collect 'em. Who knew. Smiley

EDIT: Incidentally, I've recently come to learn that in addition to the condition ratings (MS-*, etc), you can use the Sheldon Scale for describing rarity:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coin_grading#Rarity_factor
http://varietynickels.com/pages/other-numismatic-information/rarity-system.php

The Series-2 0.5 silvers would fall under the R5 category; the next most rare Casascius coin would be the 1000btc gold coin, with a rating of R7. The next most common would be both varieties of 10BTC coin, with a rarity of R3.

The more you know Cheesy

It is a difficult coin to find due to its low mintage and I believe it is the only graded coin of its kind.  It also received a nice high grade.  Most other .5's that I have sent in have scored MS65.

This item is for those collectors that are looking to collect a keep a high-grade full silver set of these original highly collectible pieces.  This is the 2nd most rare produced coin in the Casascius series that a non-millionaire can own.  Casascius coins are the original and most famous physical bitcoin and will have historic collectible value for years.

I am open to offers for this or any of my other listed coins!

I would be interested to hear if anybody can confirm the existence of another 0.5 S2 MS67.
This coin could be the only one.

S2 or S3?  The S2 is a MS66 and the S3 is a MS67

I have not seen a graded S2 offered forsale.  There may be some in private collections, but not forsale.
I have not seen a S3 offered forsale at MS67 yet either.
legendary

It is a difficult coin to find due to its low mintage and I believe it is the only graded coin of its kind.  It also received a nice high grade.  Most other .5's that I have sent in have scored MS65.

This item is for those collectors that are looking to collect a keep a high-grade full silver set of these original highly collectible pieces.  This is the 2nd most rare produced coin in the Casascius series that a non-millionaire can own.  Casascius coins are the original and most famous physical bitcoin and will have historic collectible value for years.

I would be interested to hear if anybody can confirm the existence of another 0.5 S2 MS67.
This coin could be the only one.

legendary
Activity: 2198
Merit: 1989
฿uy ฿itcoin
Interested in the MS66 2011 error coin, any room for negotiation?

I am open to offers on all my available coins - PM Sent
legendary
Activity: 1064
Merit: 1000
Bitcoin is too valuable to be used as a currency
Interested in the MS66 2011 error coin, any room for negotiation?
legendary
Personally I think ANACS should be consistent on what they write on the slap.

Would be interesting exercise to try and get them to mismark a coin slab to see if they are actually accurate in all the designations since it is believed they will mark whatever you want.

Yes, and it would really not be hard for them to have a standard how to designate the coins, maybe not for all cryptocoins but at least for casascius.

It could also be interesting to open a slap and resubmit the coin to see if it gets the same grade.

Would be interesting exercise to try and get them to mismark a coin slab to see if they are actually accurate in all the designations since it is believed they will mark whatever you want.
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Am I the only one that noticed that the ANACS gold silver says 'gilt' silver?  Cheesy

"Silver-gilt or gilded/gilt silver, sometimes known in American English by the French term vermeil, is silver gilded with gold."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver-gilt

Ahhh TIL. Strange how I never picked the term up before.
legendary
Am I the only one that noticed that the ANACS gold silver says 'gilt' silver?  Cheesy

"Silver-gilt or gilded/gilt silver, sometimes known in American English by the French term vermeil, is silver gilded with gold."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silver-gilt
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1005
PGP ID: 78B7B84D
Just added a MS66 2011 S1 error coin for the sale list!!! 
How much are u letting go of the s2 0.5btc silver for?

That coin is listed forsale in the OP.

All reasonable offers are considered for each of the listed coins.
Updated listing to include the graded .5 Silver S2/S3 coins...
So close! MS66 is still terrific though! Congrats! Price of the s3?

Thanks.  I am happy with grades.  All my last 1 btc and .5s had gotten ms65s.

I don't know a price for them yet but would entertain offers   you can either post here or pm.  If you post offers here, make note of payment address in OP.
Activity: 654
Merit: 504
S3 MS67
S2 MS66

How much are u letting go of the s2 0.5btc silver for?
Pages:
Jump to: