Pages:
Author

Topic: [WTS] MS67/66/65 Casascius Coins - High Grade Collectible History! - page 8. (Read 15487 times)

Activity: 784
Merit: 501
According to this analysis of funded addresses, it appears that the Gold/Silver 1 BTC coins are more rare than originally communicated.

Only 483 were funded:

http://www.spotcoins.com/bitcoin/casascius
Updated my inventory - Added a couple of ungraded Silver 1 BTC coins to the list from the 1st Funding batch in August 2013:

http://casascius.wordpress.com/2013/08/07/silver-coins-funded/
Still have the Gold/Silver Graded coin available forsale.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Loose lips sink sigs!
I think I remember them being in the 5-6BTC range  Grin
What did they go for? What's the market at for these two coins?

Much more than the offers listed in this thread, but a little less than the listed price.   Grin

You've removed most of the list prices (replaced with "Sold"), so it's still a mystery...

You should have written them down Smiley  I updated the listing with the original list pricing.
Loose lips sink sigs!

Much more than the offers listed in this thread, but a little less than the listed price.   Grin

You've removed most of the list prices (replaced with "Sold"), so it's still a mystery...

Loose lips sink sigs!
The Silver 1 BTC and .5 BTC coins have been sold.
Am I doing the escrow?

No - I have arranged escrow through DannyHamilton, but an alter-ego-alt  provided scamming escrow to someone  Angry

https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/yankee-bit1nstant-353011

legendary
Activity: 1078
Merit: 1000
Charlie 'Van Bitcoin' Shrem
I just realized that I got scammed.  A user djjackett PM'd me that my offer was accepted and then used a fake Yankee account for the 'escrow'.

I want to jump out a fucking window right now.  I thought I was done with this shit.  Another thousand dollars fucking gone.

I will happily pay double that for these motherfuckers on a stick.

I'm sick to my fucking stomach right now.

Sorry to hear about this.  If the deal looks too good to be true, it may be a scam.  A buyer also tried to scam me to send the coins with a fake escrow.
Also it is usually advisable to make your offers via PM directly to the user in addition to the thread and be diligent in your vetting of the users.  Good escrow providers will GPG sign their escrow agreements and payment addresses so you can validate that it is actually them and not a fake or hacked forum account.

I am a bit surprised about the bidding - I know the prices for physical coins are low right now, but 1.5BTC bid on a 1 BTC Gold/Silver 1Ag6DvHx MS65 Grade is shocking to me.
I think it is more of people looking to lowball offers hoping to find a desperate seller. 

I have a current deal pending escrow on the 1 BTC and .5 BTC Graded silver coins.

Am I doing the escrow?
I just realized that I got scammed.  A user djjackett PM'd me that my offer was accepted and then used a fake Yankee account for the 'escrow'.

I want to jump out a fucking window right now.  I thought I was done with this shit.  Another thousand dollars fucking gone.

Sorry to hear about this.  If the deal looks too good to be true, it may be a scam.  A buyer also tried to scam me to send the coins with a fake escrow.
Also it is usually advisable to make your offers via PM directly to the user in addition to the thread and be diligent in your vetting of the users.  Good escrow providers will GPG sign their escrow agreements and payment addresses so you can validate that it is actually them and not a fake or hacked forum account.

I am a bit surprised about the bidding - I know the prices for physical coins are low right now, but 1.5BTC bid on a 1 BTC Gold/Silver 1Ag6DvHx MS65 Grade is shocking to me.
I think it is more of people looking to lowball offers hoping to find a desperate seller. 

I have a current deal pending escrow on the 1 BTC and .5 BTC Graded silver coins.

legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1348

I've read at least 10 stories like this before. Don't get caught up in the moment. Scammers watch the threads carefully looking for any opportunity that can make them something. Always make sure to double check, I think Yankee may even sign his messages with a PGP key but not sure. Regardless, sorry for the loss, but take it as a lesson and you'll be guaranteed not to make the same mistake again Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1377
Merit: 1134
The Cryptonumist

agreed. They were trading for well over 2 not long ago, ungraded
legendary
Activity: 1960
Merit: 1062
One coin to rule them all
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

LMAO... yeah they tried to scam me too, I just ignored them. Maybe I should have said something earlier but seeing a name like yankie bit1nstant i figured nobody would fall for it.

sorry man
legendary
Activity: 1148

legendary
Activity: 2996
Merit: 1752
Hi, I would pay 1.8 for each of the 1 btc coins, 3.6 total.  Btc would be to Yankee as soon as we have an agreement.    I would pay shipping and escrow fees with Yankee. 
Sorry guys - none of these bids are anywhere close enough to the point where I would be willing to let one go.

Well then, I'm done bidding. My offer will stand for 48 hours in case you change your mind.

I paid more than 1.5 initially for the All Silver coin.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale
Sorry guys - none of these bids are anywhere close enough to the point where I would be willing to let one go.

Well then, I'm done bidding. My offer will stand for 48 hours in case you change your mind.
Pages:
Jump to: