Pages:
Author

Topic: X16R - RVN - Miner head to head test log - page 4. (Read 7623 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
Hi, I have some quick question  Grin 1 of my mining rig have 6x gtx 1060 3gb and computer have normal cpu and 4 gb ram and 60gb swap file but on normal slow hdd so I was curious which -i was be better for this specific rig  for mining raven with the new enemy 1.09, when I have slow swap file no quick swap file on ssd, so does matter -i 19, -i 20, -i 21, -i 21.5 or it does not matter or which is best ? Thanks for answer  Grin Grin Grin

Well, I don't think you'll be able to run more than -i 19 or 20 without stability issues. Test and find out which one works best for you

hmm i try 21 for 12 hours and no stability issues so question is if even does matter if I mining with 21 or 19. if will be even diffreand with payaout when I have slow hdd swap file ??
Activity: 99
Merit: 8
Hi, I have some quick question  Grin 1 of my mining rig have 6x gtx 1060 3gb and computer have normal cpu and 4 gb ram and 60gb swap file but on normal slow hdd so I was curious which -i was be better for this specific rig  for mining raven with the new enemy 1.09, when I have slow swap file no quick swap file on ssd, so does matter -i 19, -i 20, -i 21, -i 21.5 or it does not matter or which is best ? Thanks for answer  Grin Grin Grin

Well, I don't think you'll be able to run more than -i 19 or 20 without stability issues. Test and find out which one works best for you
Activity: 210

Wrong thread. This is not topic to ask advice, but for testing.
Activity: 6
but I swapped instances sp-mod and enemy 1.09, and increased the polls diff from 40 to 70

In this round, the free and opensource spmod-git3 seems to be doing abit faster than enemy 1.08 (50 blocks)

I'm curious what your thoughts are on setting stratum difficulty. should it be set by the pool? static? if so, what's optimal
Why do you restart the miner? Every restart will reduce the payouts. You should run for 12 hours without any restarts.

I do not manually restart the miner. Awesome miner has rules I've set up to restart the miner under certain conditions.
No accepted shares in the last 4 mins.
No API communication in last 4 mins.
Device temp over 82 degrees
Device failure
etc.

It's pretty rare that the miner is restarted, and I do note when it does.
sp_
legendary
Activity: 2926
Merit: 1087
Team Black developer
but I swapped instances sp-mod and enemy 1.09, and increased the polls diff from 40 to 70

The instances/rig are managed by Awesome Miner, which restarts the miners for various reasons, based on rules I set.

Why do you restart the miner? Every restart will reduce the payouts. You should run for 12 hours without any restarts.
I restarted the test, with new wallet addresses.

I'm not sure if there's a bug in sp-mod git3, or the static pool diff is too low, or that set of GPU's decided to slack off...

Activity: 2
ANDDDDDD THEY'RE OFFF..... and right out of the gates hmmna hmmna hmmna hmmna IT LOOKS LIKE SP IS STRAIiiiiiiiiGHT full of shit.... falling behind by 3 lengths alllllmost immediatley!  What a travesty at the derby ladies and germs, the nerbs were so excited at the prospect of a competitive race.

Enemy 1.09 BETA 5 Vs. Enemy 1.08 Vs. sp-mod git3

For this test I used a single 12 GPU 1080Ti rig on Windows 10, split into three mining instances. All three mining instances were balanced to get as close to the same hash rate as possible.
Each mining instance is running at the same time on the same machine mining on the same pool.

All three instances have intensity set to 21, GPU target power set to 100%, no overclocking.

Static stratum diff set to 40 for Round 1 v1.0, 70 for Round 1 v2.0 and onward, reason: previous test showed pool diff settings impacting results and making them non linear.

The instances/rig are managed by Awesome Miner, which restarts the miners for various reasons, based on rules I set.

The plan is to do three rounds of testing, each round lasting approximately 8-12hrs, at the conclusion of each round I'll rotate the miner to a new instance, until each miner has had a chance to run on each instance.
I'll then normalize the results to averaged blocks found per round, so that each instance/round is represented equally.

Miners tested:
Enemy 1.09 BETA 5 - 1% dev fee
Enemy 1.08 - 1% dev fee
sp-mod git3 - no dev fee

Results:

Round 1 v1.0 - Stopped after 110 minutes, with 30 blocks found. sp-mod was steadily 20-30% behind. I decided to re-run round 1 with SP-mod and 1.09 swapping instances, as well as increasing the stratum diff from 40 to 70. Link to graph of results: https://imgur.com/a/IPPkRYf

• [Instance 1] 26.33 RVN - Enemy 1.09 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 2] 24.19 RVN - Enemy 1.08 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 3] 19.36 RVN - sp-mod - Pool Link

Round 1 v2.0 -  Duration: 540 Minutes - 120 blocks found - No restarts

• [Instance 1] Normalized:    94.31 RVN | Raw: 92.01 RVN - sp-mod - Pool Link
  • [Instance 2] Normalized:    95.66 RVN | Raw: 93.33 RVN - Enemy 1.08 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 3] Normalized:  102.39 RVN | Raw: 99.89 RVN - Enemy 1.09 - Pool Link

Round 2  - Duration: 524 Minutes - 124 blocks found - No restarts

• [Instance 1] Normalized: 105.98 RVN | Raw: 106.84 RVN - Enemy 1.09 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 2] Normalized:   91.19 RVN | Raw: 91.93 RVN - sp-mod - Pool Link
  • [Instance 3] Normalized: 101.07 RVN | Raw: 101.89 RVN - Enemy 1.08 - Pool Link

Round 3 - Duration: around 9hrs. 125 blocks found - near the start of the test ravenminer.com was being DDOS'd so I had to pause the test for a few hours.

• [Instance 1] Normalized:   99.51 RVN | Raw: 101.13 RVN - Enemy 1.08 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 2] Normalized: 110.45 RVN | Raw: 112.24 RVN - Enemy 1.09 - Pool Link
  • [Instance 3] Normalized: 105.89 RVN | Raw: 107.61 RVN - sp-mod - Pool Link

FINAL Normalized Average Results

Activity: 504
Merit: 3
JackIT

Please run test 1.09test5 vs sp3 vs 1.08.

+2
Activity: 825
Merit: 18
MindMiner developer
JackIT

Please run test 1.09test5 vs sp3 vs 1.08.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1011
Monero Evangelist
Subbed.
Activity: 210
Can I have a link to his LI ? Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1050
SP,

Why don`t you add dev fee and release your top performing miner? You can then make 0.05 btc every few days. You could avoid all this drama...
he's waiting for someone to make dev fee code public... and make it 5% faster Grin
yeah, I am not sure if he ever wrote any piece of code himself... Grin

The dev fee code should already be there since it is a fork of Nevermore.
(ccminer 2.2.5-rvn -> Nevermore -> Suprminer -> Sp-mod-git)
thanks for pointing it to him Grin
now, he will have a dev fee created by sp himself...

love his linkedin page btw, where he says he created ccminer  Grin
legendary
Merit: 1000
SP,

Why don`t you add dev fee and release your top performing miner? You can then make 0.05 btc every few days. You could avoid all this drama...
he's waiting for someone to make dev fee code public... and make it 5% faster Grin

He hasn't.
Activity: 14
SP,

The dev fee code should already be there since it is a fork of Nevermore.
(ccminer 2.2.5-rvn -> Nevermore -> Suprminer -> Sp-mod-git)
legendary
Merit: 1050
SP,

Activity: 5
thanks for sharing this amazing content ! Grin
Pages:
Jump to:
© 2020, Bitcointalksearch.org