Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1104. (Read 1484203 times)

Activity: 126
Merit: 100
When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon method is superior from other major competitor solutions. 

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

You may have mussed but there was an open challenge and bounty for rev 1.5... Drk's best came and tried and failed... Where else has a bounty been offere to try and crack the anon?

Also the team stated they will get a bigger bounty out with rev2. This to attract experts that will make Cheaplin look like a 3 year old Wink
Activity: 308
Merit: 250
When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon method is superior from other major competitor solutions.  

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

Well, in fairness of XC's dev team, it was only the community that was claiming to be "better than DRK."  But still, and audit of XC's REV2 compared to competitor solutions would be appropriate.

Centralized solutions (such as VRC) do not need to be included in the audit.  There is no point.  It really only should include DRK, which is arguably the only competitor to XC. 
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

Agreed.  XC got ahead of itself during the original big run-up with talk of how we are better than DRK, etc. But we are getting close to the point where we will need to make that case again (and vs. Vericoin, other competitors).  Except this time the code will exist rather than being in process.

You may have mussed but there was an open challenge and bounty for rev 1.5... Drk's best came and tried and failed... Where else has a bounty been offere to try and crack the anon?
DFJ
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

When XC releases REV2, there really needs to be an audit performed so that people can see how XC's anon solution is superior to competitor solutions.  

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
As a traditional investment professional, as I have stated before, I am impressed with the underlying fundamentals.  A good traditional stock has a good management team, good R & D to stays relevant and appealing to the masses, and if lucky enough a dividend.  XC has a great management team, cutting edge technology that has been delivered or is being worked on that will have mass appeal, and it coins increase only 3.3% a year, which is similar to a dividend being paid to current holders.  It also has a market cap of $4 to $5 million with plenty of room for growth.  

Other coins that intrigued me at first have some flawed fundamentals.  They over promise and under deliver.  They do no have a set amount of coins (shares).  This will lead to dilution.  An example is a traditional stock who's price increased over the years and it becomes cumbersome to record keep so they do a stock split.  A 2-1 split increases everyones shares by 2, but cuts the price in half.   A few other coins have less than half of their final coin number in circulation.  This will cause dilution of that coin over time... It simple economics.  You look at these same coins and they will have resistance to growth.  Say a coin has a $40 million market cap, or approx. 10x XC's, it will struggle to grow.  It will take another $40 million to double the price, it will also take more if the number of coins continues to grow as mining continues and causes dilution.  You are looking at a $60-$80 million of additional market capitalization to double the price.  While doubling is not bad, I see XC with as much or more technology as these coins after only 6 weeks.  I see the roadmap and the marketing that has been organized, the developer and his skill set, and the fact this coin can not be diluted as an opportunity that is very rare.  A chance to earn many times your initial investment if you hold and trust the plan.   As I said before, I bought more earlier this week when the price was low, and will continue to hold until I see a bad diversion from the plan.  However, I don't expect this, because so far this team has under promised and over delivered and I expect this to continue.
so what do you think...do you see any reason why in the next few years XC cant have a marketcap equal to BTC..what do you think the future holds, if XC keeps delivering like it has?

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  XC would avoid these hassles... Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.

Thanks for the forecast. There's lots of room for disruption in this space, and I'd be very happy to bring some. :-)
legendary
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.
As a traditional investment professional, as I have stated before, I am impressed with the underlying fundamentals.  A good traditional stock has a good management team, good R & D to stays relevant and appealing to the masses, and if lucky enough a dividend.  XC has a great management team, cutting edge technology that has been delivered or is being worked on that will have mass appeal, and it coins increase only 3.3% a year, which is similar to a dividend being paid to current holders.  It also has a market cap of $4 to $5 million with plenty of room for growth.  

Other coins that intrigued me at first have some flawed fundamentals.  They over promise and under deliver.  They do no have a set amount of coins (shares).  This will lead to dilution.  An example is a traditional stock who's price increased over the years and it becomes cumbersome to record keep so they do a stock split.  A 2-1 split increases everyones shares by 2, but cuts the price in half.   A few other coins have less than half of their final coin number in circulation.  This will cause dilution of that coin over time... It simple economics.  You look at these same coins and they will have resistance to growth.  Say a coin has a $40 million market cap, or approx. 10x XC's, it will struggle to grow.  It will take another $40 million to double the price, it will also take more if the number of coins continues to grow as mining continues and causes dilution.  You are looking at a $60-$80 million of additional market capitalization to double the price.  While doubling is not bad, I see XC with as much or more technology as these coins after only 6 weeks.  I see the roadmap and the marketing that has been organized, the developer and his skill set, and the fact this coin can not be diluted as an opportunity that is very rare.  A chance to earn many times your initial investment if you hold and trust the plan.   As I said before, I bought more earlier this week when the price was low, and will continue to hold until I see a bad diversion from the plan.  However, I don't expect this, because so far this team has under promised and over delivered and I expect this to continue.
so what do you think...do you see any reason why in the next few years XC cant have a marketcap equal to BTC..what do you think the future holds, if XC keeps delivering like it has?

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.
Thank you for your response, i agree 100%. though i do think it can happen faster possibly only because BTC has laid the foundations for XC to thrive.
Activity: 105
Merit: 10

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If I have an easy payment system and can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.

Thank you for this useful post.  Many of your predictions for XCurrency's future align with my own. 

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

Potentially... I think it has one of the best chances to emerge.  A couple of reasons why...  If this coin continues with its advancement on a technical side as well as doing those things that make it easier for the general population to adopt, it will grow its base.  It won't fight dilution, Its coins in circulation are set, except for 3.3% (which may not be as much as those lost).    So if it would go to $1000k a coin,  you would be able to add other forms of XC easier.  This would be much like the US having pennies, nickels, dimes, quarters, dollars, tens, twenties etc.   If it has an easy payment system and you can use an XC credit card on one of the networks (visa, mc, discover) to buy goods and services across the world, especially if physically traveling the sky is the limit.  I went overseas this year and had to convert the US dollar to a foreign currency.  I did this at a currency desk at a large bank. I paid a premium when exchanging before the trip and exchanged at a discount when I returned home, not to mention the foreign transaction fees on my VISA...  XC would avoid these hassles... Will this happen in 2 years, maybe.  Will XC be the coin?  In my mind it has the potential.   Bitcoin is like a DOW JONES company.  It is hard to turn those big ships and make big advancements.   If XC can get it right early, they may be the Facebook replacing the myspace.    I also always look at what I say is a conservative side to a company.  The minimum I see for XC is a very functional alternate currency that is spent and used due to its anonymous features,  easy and safe to use technology and continues to grow at a slower pace.  This would still put the price $150 to $200 with a market cap around $1 billion.   If they continue to deliver I see the range being $150 to $750 in the next 2 years.
Activity: 141
Activity: 210

Excellent and useful analysis my good sir. Thank you!
XC need to copy xxxxxxxx wallet idea, it is the best one right now.

No we need to go our own way. To copy something is stupid and lazy  Wink
+11

or how about xc's anon solution is superior?  so why would it copy?  hello?
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
   stratum+tcp://stratum.hashevolved.com:5555
   48.0 c   99%   2749 Kh/s   60 / 0   0.00%   200 Series   70% (3026)   1170 Mhz   1200 Mhz   
   50.0 c   99%   2609 Kh/s   45 / 0   0.00%   200 Series   70% (2913)   1100 Mhz   1200 Mhz   
   51.0 c   99%   2755 Kh/s   51 / 0   0.00%   200 Series   70% (3104)   1170 Mhz   1200 Mhz   
   46.0 c   99%   2713 Kh/s   38 / 0   0.00%   200 Series   70% (2828)   1150 Mhz   1200 Mhz   
   43.0 c   99%   2715 Kh/s   43 / 0   0.00%   200 Series   70% (2724)   1150 Mhz   1200 Mhz   

all 270x
0,2 gigabyte
1,3,4 saphire

Dead God man.... look at your temps... no need to run those fans so high you will burn them out faster!
Activity: 518
Merit: 500

No we need to go our own way. To copy something is stupid and lazy  Wink

Exactly, check the roadmap, we have more than enough to keep us busy for now!
Activity: 40
Just turned my 12 MH into the pool.... didn't even make a sound Cheesy   
legendary
Activity: 1764
XC need to copy SuperCoin wallet idea, it is the best one right now.

just some idea. i don't think it can copy.
Activity: 39

legendary
Activity: 1764
XC need to copy SuperCoin wallet idea, it is the best one right now.
legendary
Merit: 1002
Pecvniate obedivnt omnia.

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!

Always trust a serious face
Take a look at Dan, and know that you're in good hands
Jump to: