Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 1101. (Read 1484203 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
Wow the 2 posts I respond to stay and mine gets deleted for trolling? Thats just awesome. Thanks guys.
Activity: 98
Merit: 10
Illodin, let me help you out, since you still seem to be confused. Market cap = current price x total supply.

No shit Sherlock.

Read what he says:

Say a coin has a $40 million market cap,
It will take another $40 million to double the price

What do you think would happen to the price of the discreetly unnamed $40MM marketcap coin, if someone started buying it up with another $40MM. The price would 5x at minimum.

Correct,  even though this is called a currency, currency economics is not yet at play.  If there was to be that much influx of cash in a short period of time the price would be inflated, and double the market cap with the price more than doubling. It would more likely normalize soon as people sold back down, particularly during the development stages.  The amount in this scenario is obviously less than $40mm, but not drastically, if so, it would most likely be a temporary bubble.   The point being made, based on today's trading volume, this would be highly unlikely and it will be much harder to double the price of Dark, especially since more coins are being mined everyday.   While supply of dark increases during the development phase may temporarily increase market cap, it would collapse when it became a true currency because the price to buy goods and services with Dark would rise, as the amount of coins continue to grow, causing dark to be devalued compared to other currencies.   This is what I believe happened to BTC as its use expanded.   The current market cap of XC with the plan and proven delivery of anon, etc and the fact that its supply is stable and will not dilute the coin once it becomes true currency makes this much more attractive.  
Let me clarify the initial point further.  If one coin has proven anon, and has delivered working technology on time, a great roadmap and has a market cap of $4.5 MM,  compared to a coin that has less and a questionable history with early mining, forks, etc. with a market cap of $40MM. Where would you put your 40MM for the best return and then have it become stable when it becomes a true currency...XC
Illodin, let me help you out, since you still seem to be confused. Market cap = current price x total supply.

No shit Sherlock.

Read what he says:

What do you think would happen to the price of the discreetly unnamed $40MM marketcap coin, if someone started buying it up with another $40MM. The price would 5x at minimum.

Correct,  even though this is called a currency, currency economics is not yet at play.  If there was to be that much influx of cash in a short period of time the price would be inflated, and double the market cap with the price more than doubling. It would more likely normalize soon as people sold back down, particularly during the development stages.  The amount in this scenario is obviously less than $40mm, but not drastically, if so, it would most likely be a temporary bubble.   The point being made, based on today's trading volume, this would be highly unlikely and it will be much harder to double the price of Dark, especially since more coins are being mined everyday.   While supply of dark increases during the development phase may temporarily increase market cap, it would collapse when it became a true currency because the price to buy goods and services with Dark would rise, as the amount of coins continue to grow, causing dark to be devalued compared to other currencies.   This is what I believe happened to BTC as its use expanded.   The current market cap of XC with the plan and proven delivery of anon, etc and the fact that its supply is stable and will not dilute the coin once it becomes true currency makes this much more attractive.  
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

No shit Sherlock.

Read what he says:

lololol are you being serious right now?  it is clear from his original context that he means another 40 million in [market cap] to double the price.  he even gave you a nice & simple example -- you especially should have been able to gather what he meant after that.  go buy more DRK.

loolllolll it's like saying if I want a blue house I have to use blue paint. lol?
Activity: 28
Merit: 0

No shit Sherlock.

Read what he says:

lololol are you being serious right now?  it is clear from his original context that he means another 40 million in [market cap] to double the price.  he even gave you a nice & simple example -- you especially should have been able to gather what he meant after that.  go buy more DRK.

No shit Sherlock.

Read what he says:

Activity: 503
Merit: 500
Recent Announcements:
(organized for any who missed them)

XC Roadmap (short-term):
http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/XC-Short-Term-Roadmap.pdf

"You'll find some big news in here. The ingenuity of our development team has resulted in a trustless multi-path solution, which I'm sure you'll find to your taste. You'll also find less momentous news, like the fact that XC's development plan is rationalised into successive steps: first xnodes, then multipath, then TOR, then secure private messaging, then UI, branding, and documentation, culminating in the official launch of XC."

***REV2 Release date: July 7th, 2014 (10 days from now)***

XC TOR Stick!
Yes, the XC wallet is now ultraportable and has TOR to obfuscate your IP address. Privacy just got even more private.  

Press release:
http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/xc-tor-stick/14-06-25_Press_release-XC_TOR_Stick.pdf

Official XC Multipool:

http://www.hashevolved.com/

(supports scrypt, x11, sha256)

+1

As a traditional investment professional

note to self: don't feed the trolls

I always thought it takes special kind of logic to believe in XC.

I don't like to feed the trolls but feel the need to respond as we will continue to have some folks from other coins reading through this forum.  As someone with a Masters in Econ and Finance let me help you understand.

Example: I will do this with easy round numbers for your benefit.  If a coin with all coins in circulation, like XC, had a Market Cap of 1000 with 100 coins and the price being 10, it would hit a 2000 Market Cap when the price reached 20.  Therefore doubling in price.   Are you with me so far?

If a coin, like dark, with continued mining, had a market cap of 1000 with 100 coins and a price of 10, would hit the market cap of 2000 with 120 coins and a price of 16.66667.  Less than double.  If you reread my post this is called dilution.  Just like the M1 money supply.  You increase the supply of money, by printing dollars, the value eventually goes down.  

Thanks for taking the bait...

Someone calling himself an investment professional claiming it takes an equal amount of money to marketcap to double the price.

If Illodin is an accurate representation of the drk community... It all makes so much sense now

I don't like to feed the trolls but feel the need to respond as we will continue to have some folks from other coins reading through this forum.  As someone with a Masters in Econ and Finance let me help you understand.

Example: I will do this with easy round numbers for your benefit.  If a coin with all coins in circulation, like XC, had a Market Cap of 1000 with 100 coins and the price being 10, it would hit a 2000 Market Cap when the price reached 20.  Therefore doubling in price.   Are you with me so far?

If a coin, like dark, with continued mining, had a market cap of 1000 with 100 coins and a price of 10, would hit the market cap of 2000 with 120 coins and a price of 16.66667.  Less than double.  If you reread my post this is called dilution.  Just like the M1 money supply.  You increase the supply of money, by printing dollars, the value eventually goes down. 

Someone calling himself an investment professional claiming it takes an equal amount of money to marketcap to double the price.

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
NOT FUD! FACTS!
Im only wondering why a prominent holder of a different coin only here to disrupt the thread. If you gave some argumentation along with your "huh" maybe you get some back!

"huh" =

Shush back to your scam-coin, developed by a scammer...
It takes that much ignorance to blindly support that kind of coin...

The dev insta-mining 2kk coins, and he goes saying... "mmm...so look, I'm open about it...trust me now..."

"And I only dumped so many on the market, and look at me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBgIlaTC0vo"

+1
Activity: 392
So much for "Community"
Im only wondering why a prominent holder of a different coin only here to disrupt the thread. If you gave some argumentation along with your "huh" maybe you get some back!

"huh" =

The dev insta-mining 2kk coins, and he goes saying... "mmm...so look, I'm open about it...trust me now..."

"And I only dumped so many on the market, and look at me - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uBgIlaTC0vo"

Activity: 322

What type of logic does it take for DRK people to believe that 40% instamine by the dev doesn't matter?  LOL

I don't like to feed the trolls but feel the need to respond as we will continue to have some folks from other coins reading through this forum.  As someone with a Masters in Econ and Finance let me help you understand.

Example: I will do this with easy round numbers for your benefit.  If a coin with all coins in circulation, like XC, had a Market Cap of 1000 with 100 coins and the price being 10, it would hit a 2000 Market Cap when the price reached 20.  Therefore doubling in price.   Are you with me so far?

If a coin, like dark, with continued mining, had a market cap of 1000 with 100 coins and a price of 10, would hit the market cap of 2000 with 120 coins and a price of 16.66667.  Less than double.  If you reread my post this is called dilution.  Just like the M1 money supply.  You increase the supply of money, by printing dollars, the value eventually goes down. 

Activity: 280
NOT FUD! FACTS!

"huh" =

Activity: 126
Merit: 100

"huh" =

I always advice people to take MOON stories with a grain of salt. Serious investors know BS or not and people trusting someone else his word over own investigation should not trade at all!

And I also like you showing interest in XC community! you hold a little bag?
Activity: 36
my stake finally started 3 days ago, it made 2 minting transactions and hasnt had another one since.. what happend, nothing is changed. do I need to be worried about all the stake meat i'm losing? or is this just a hiccup?  
Recent Announcements:
(organized for any who missed them)

XC Roadmap (short-term):
http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/XC-Short-Term-Roadmap.pdf

"You'll find some big news in here. The ingenuity of our development team has resulted in a trustless multi-path solution, which I'm sure you'll find to your taste. You'll also find less momentous news, like the fact that XC's development plan is rationalised into successive steps: first xnodes, then multipath, then TOR, then secure private messaging, then UI, branding, and documentation, culminating in the official launch of XC."

***REV2 Release date: July 7th, 2014 (10 days from now)***

XC TOR Stick!
Yes, the XC wallet is now ultraportable and has TOR to obfuscate your IP address. Privacy just got even more private.  

Press release:
http://xc-official.com/XCPlatform/xc-tor-stick/14-06-25_Press_release-XC_TOR_Stick.pdf

Official XC Multipool:

http://www.hashevolved.com/

(supports scrypt, x11, sha256)

"huh" =

Activity: 193
Merit: 100
If you want cheap XC put buy order at bittrex..
Jump to: