Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 140. (Read 1484188 times)

Activity: 39
Merit: 0
the wallet keeps on crashing with runtime errors (windows)

is there an older working version? that will keep running?

Im running version v .9.2.49 RC6

No problems here.
it is the downloadable version from xc-official.com in the windows download section that keeps on crashing...
XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe   from 17/10/2014

Whoever looks after the XC website needs to get the downloads section sorted ASAP. Personally I kind of like the way it lets you back into the old school kind of web-access folder structure but that kind of thing has NO PLACE whatsoever in 21st century public-facing websites and serves only to confuse and obfuscate people accessing the files they want and/or require.
Activity: 392
Merit: 250

No problems here.
it is the downloadable version from xc-official.com in the windows download section that keeps on crashing...
XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe   from 17/10/2014

Activity: 361
Question: Will you be able to add POW coins as well? Or is it just POS?
Activity: 361

No problems here.

Try http[Suspicious link removed]
See below (in bold), hopefully the one linked is indeed the most recent stable (ie. doesn't randomly crash) version.

I know all the new stuff coming on the XC platform is exciting, and assume the dev(s) are working on this, but a wallet that doesn't randomly crash would be nice, any news on when the XC wallet will be fixed, until recently it has been 100% stable. Blocknet blah blah, give us a stable wallet please so I have confidence my investment is safe.

These wallet releases have clearly been stated to be test releases.

If you're not into testing and helping fix bugs then download the last stable release.

I'll try and track it down for you.

I know all the new stuff coming on the XC platform is exciting, and assume the dev(s) are working on this, but a wallet that doesn't randomly crash would be nice, any news on when the XC wallet will be fixed, until recently it has been 100% stable. Blocknet blah blah, give us a stable wallet please so I have confidence my investment is safe.

If you're not into testing and helping fix bugs then download the last stable release.

Latest stable would be XCurrency_2.49.08e.exe
But Dan must have put it down by accident and replaced with XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe (which is not stable for me)

Best version I can recommend for now is http[Suspicious link removed]
edit: this site thinks the links are suspicious, the solution I'm sure is simple, I'll leave it to the XC 'community manager' to sort this ....hint, hint Teka, synechist et al...

I will however reiterate that it is ESSENTIAL that there is clear delineation of 'stable' and 'test' releases, and CLEAR links to such on the http://xc-official.com/ site.
tnx...

this would be the link:
http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/v2.49/XCurrency_2.49.08.exe

(guess it is related with your account being too new Smiley )

Try http[Suspicious link removed]
See below (in bold), hopefully the one linked is indeed the most recent stable (ie. doesn't randomly crash) version.

But Dan must have put it down by accident and replaced with XCurrency_2.49.08iW.exe (which is not stable for me)

Best version I can recommend for now is http[Suspicious link removed]
edit: this site thinks the links are suspicious, the solution I'm sure is simple, I'll leave it to the XC 'community manager' to sort this ....hint, hint Teka, synechist et al...

I will however reiterate that it is ESSENTIAL that there is clear delineation of 'stable' and 'test' releases, and CLEAR links to such on the http://xc-official.com/ site.

legendary
Activity: 2114
Merit: 1023
Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron
Oh so we can buy in the blocknet ICO? What exactly do we do and how do the shares earn a  dividend?
Just installed fresh OSX wallet. Synchronising Smiley

I'd like to prepare some nice short manuals-presentations so that user will now how to use XC chat and how to set up and xmixer.

But I need a setp by step instruction as I don't get it by myself eaither Tongue. Anyone ?

1) How to send/use encrypted chat (step by step)
2) How to set up xmixer on windows/osx (step by step)

Having these instructions I will do a prezi in a free time Smiley

Still anynone? If these questions are stupid and I missed the infor, please leave a link Huh

This is a good idea. I haven't yet figured these things out myself but I'll pm you some instructions when I do.

I'm beginning to get the feeling that the user unfriendliness and lack of concise, easily available, and accurate information in terms of xchat and xmixer setup may be a 'feature not a bug'.
I can hypothesize a few reasons for this but, speaking as an 'end user' as it were, may have a tendency to make potential new investors think XC is all mouth and no trousers.
I have technical knowledge and a significant stack of XCurrency but have neither the time nor the inclination to get involved with XC in a techie way. I have invested wealth and not time in this project.
Just trying to give a perspective which those involved in development and testing may not have (the human brain can only do so much  Wink ).

Best version I can recommend for now is

Thanks for the recommendation for the latest stable version, I regularly check the XC website for new releases, and am presented with one download, as I type this even the archive folder is empty.
Guys it is ESSENTIAL that there is clear delineation of 'stable' and 'test' releases, and CLEAR (or even any proper) links to such on the http://xc-official.com/ site.

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

I'd like to prepare some nice short manuals-presentations so that user will now how to use XC chat and how to set up and xmixer.

But I need a setp by step instruction as I don't get it by myself eaither Tongue. Anyone ?

Still anynone? If these questions are stupid and I missed the infor, please leave a link Huh

This is a good idea. I haven't yet figured these things out myself but I'll pm you some instructions when I do.
Activity: 159

Activity: 602
Merit: 500
Consider it an FU Tax.

I have a theory that MP has been selling all of our XC hence the recent price drop... Angry

I thought about that too, but wouldn't that be reflected by a drop in the holdings of some of the top wallets on the rich list ?

I was able to withdraw my xc from mintpal, but I thought I had a little bit more than what they showed in that withdrawal screen.
Activity: 225
I have a theory that MP has been selling all of our XC hence the recent price drop... Angry

I thought about that too, but wouldn't that be reflected by a drop in the holdings of some of the top wallets on the rich list ?

I was able to withdraw my xc from mintpal, but I thought I had a little bit more than what they showed in that withdrawal screen.
Thanks for the update.

On a side note I was thinking that going forward, use of networks like Blocknet(and any others that spring up) can start to stem the tide of garbage and scam coins.  As coins start to see Blocknet as a win/win more coins will want to get in.  With those coins being reviewed by existing Foundation Members we can see legit coins getting accepted and garbage being screened out. 

Over time this will eliminate investment in coins with no futures, and those funds will start to make their way over to known legit coins.

A new base of altcoins will emerge.  Still plenty of choices for diversified holdings but now with a general confidence in those coins accepted into the 'net.  Kind of like an evolution from Proof of Developer status.

I don't know if this has been asked, but how will ITO shares generate income for owners.  

Synechist said full details for the Blocknet ICO will be published on Monday.
Activity: 462
I don't know if this has been asked, but how will ITO shares generate income for owners.  

Synechist said full details for the Blocknet ICO will be published on Monday.
Internet 2.  Subscription based content providers from controlled sources, regular internet will be phased out of mainstream.  It's being fought but eventually monopolies will win out.

Internet Kill Switch.  The ultimate form of control. 

You misunderstand.  They would want to regulate the entire Blocknet in some way. 

They would not do that without the ability to regulate things in some way.  They are not out for profit they are out for monopoly.  Once they have a monopoly then the profit comes.

I agree. Most companies what things under their control. If they made their own coin it would be under their control so they could still connect to the Blocknet just like any other coin in the Blocknet.
Some people really want to régulateur internet but we know thats impossible and you can see actually that these bug firm are using this technology each day to promote and devellop new feature on what we call now "internet" , they have the control of their product independantly of "internet".
Activity: 661
You misunderstand.  They would want to regulate the entire Blocknet in some way. 

They would not do that without the ability to regulate things in some way.  They are not out for profit they are out for monopoly.  Once they have a monopoly then the profit comes.

I agree. Most companies what things under their control. If they made their own coin it would be under their control so they could still connect to the Blocknet just like any other coin in the Blocknet.
Some people really want to régulateur internet but we know thats impossible and you can see actually that these bug firm are using this technology each day to promote and devellop new feature on what we call now "internet" , they have the control of their product independantly of "internet".
Activity: 661
The way i see the blocknet is like internet where you can add on top http,ssl,javascript,irc,flash,jpg,xml,css...
The blocknet is a protocole of transport using the blockchain for interconnecting all the different feature with the same goal embedded the way we use the network

Jump to: