Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 198. (Read 1484188 times)

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

Updated Wallet now available - v2.49.08g

* Allows selection From Address/key's
* Updates to group XChat

http://downloads.xc-official.com/release/windows/XCurrency_2.49.08g.exe

Awesome, thanks Dan! You work too hard!

Hopefully this release covers most of the bugs w/ the previous release and I can get to work on the OSX and Linux builds :-)
Activity: 616

* Updates to group XChat

Awesome, thanks Dan! You work too hard!
Activity: 756

* Updates to group XChat

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
any news expected today besides cloak having asked Dan for a review.  Cheesy , haha, talking bout reputation.
i mean who is left to ask to review XC come the time. satoshi himself

If you find him, let us know we would love him to do a review of XC code  Wink
Activity: 714
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Activity: 644
CryptoGretzky probably means if you bought when we were in the 80-100k range back in June when BTC was at 600+ you'd be doing well.

1000XC at .0008 when BTC was $600 = $480
1000XC at .0013 now = $465

I've never understood when people say "bitcoin has dropped a ton but altcoin A hasn't".  Since the value is tied to BTC yes it has dropped a lot.

You can't just pick any point you want on the chart and make a reasonable argument.  I can pick a point when XC was trading at .005 and if you bought then it would be a horrible investment  relative to holding BTC.  You can also pick a point when XC was trading at .0002.  Like Synechist said, the initial pump is a different type of phenomenon. Choose points after the initial pump and maybe even after the second pump when it went back to .003.

This is exactly my point.  It has been stable in BTC value since the second .003 pump while BTC has decreased and since the value is tied to BTC it also has decreased.

If I was a betting man and there was somebody that could do the analysis, I would say that XC has spent much more time above the current price then below it. Do you know what that means?  It means that on average and you would have been better off holding BTC, assuming the holding period is still ongoing.

A much better comparison would be to analyze the performance of XC vs. other altcoins, not relative to BTC.

Completely agree.

To expand on this.  Since I was around during the initial altcoin pumps of Litecoin and Namecoin, it's been a trend that during a BTC bear market, you are better off selling out of altcoins and holding BTC. Most altcoins that aren't in the initial pump stage perform terribly relative to BTC when BTC is down trending.
Activity: 252
Merit: 250
CryptoGretzky probably means if you bought when we were in the 80-100k range back in June when BTC was at 600+ you'd be doing well.

I've never understood when people say "bitcoin has dropped a ton but altcoin A hasn't".  Since the value is tied to BTC yes it has dropped a lot.

You can't just pick any point you want on the chart and make a reasonable argument.  I can pick a point when XC was trading at .005 and if you bought then it would be a horrible investment  relative to holding BTC.  You can also pick a point when XC was trading at .0002.  Like Synechist said, the initial pump is a different type of phenomenon. Choose points after the initial pump and maybe even after the second pump when it went back to .003.

This is exactly my point.  It has been stable in BTC value since the second .003 pump while BTC has decreased and since the value is tied to BTC it also has decreased.

If I was a betting man and there was somebody that could do the analysis, I would say that XC has spent much more time above the current price then below it. Do you know what that means?  It means that on average and you would have been better off holding BTC, assuming the holding period is still ongoing.

A much better comparison would be to analyze the performance of XC vs. other altcoins, not relative to BTC.

Completely agree.

If I was a betting man and there was somebody that could do the analysis, I would say that XC has spent much more time above the current price then below it. Do you know what that means?  It means that on average you would have been better off holding BTC, assuming the holding period is still ongoing.

A much better comparison would be to analyze the performance of XC against other altcoins, not versus to holding BTC.

I've never understood when people say "bitcoin has dropped a ton but altcoin A hasn't".  Since the value is tied to BTC yes it has dropped a lot.

This is exactly my point.  It has been stable in BTC value since the second .003 pump while BTC has decreased and since the value is tied to BTC it also has decreased.

I've never understood when people say "bitcoin has dropped a ton but altcoin A hasn't".  Since the value is tied to BTC yes it has dropped a lot.

$15 is a lot?

That is the argument they are making.  That the dollar value of XC has only dropped by 15 as opposed to if you kept your BTC.

Yeah I get that.  But the numbers are skewed depending on the dates you pick, overall the trend has been down which is only multiplied by the BTC drop.  If you bought at the end of May or beginning of July they might not look so good at all compared to holding BTC.
May 28th XC was .0049
June 4th it was .0008
July 5th is was .003

Activity: 1498
Merit: 537

$15 is a lot?

That is the argument they are making.  That the dollar value of XC has only dropped by 15 as opposed to if you kept your BTC. 

0.8 BTC at $600 = $480
0.8 BTC at $356 = $285

Activity: 364
I don't know what the pessimistic people are thinking...  BTC was near 700 bucks back then.  Now, BTC is below 400 bucks.   XC actually holding at above 120k+ Satoshi means that if you would have bought into XC back then, you would have prevented the lost of nearly 50% of your btc value.

Just think about that for a minute.  Stop whining about how "horrible" the price is and look at the whole picture....

Interdasting.  What was the price of XC when BTC was at 700?  I can't quite follow your logic unless I know what price you are quoting XC at.

His logic is illogical, that's why you can't follow Smiley

Ok, it's not just me.  There's some weird math going on in this thread the last couple of days.  What are they teaching kids in school these days?
Activity: 616
I don't know what the pessimistic people are thinking...  BTC was near 700 bucks back then.  Now, BTC is below 400 bucks.   XC actually holding at above 120k+ Satoshi means that if you would have bought into XC back then, you would have prevented the lost of nearly 50% of your btc value.

Just think about that for a minute.  Stop whining about how "horrible" the price is and look at the whole picture....

Interdasting.  What was the price of XC when BTC was at 700?  I can't quite follow your logic unless I know what price you are quoting XC at.

His logic is illogical, that's why you can't follow Smiley

Interdasting.  What was the price of XC when BTC was at 700?  I can't quite follow your logic unless I know what price you are quoting XC at.
Activity: 361
Activity: 196
Merit: 100
Jump to: