Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 215. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

This was one week ago and we still don't have a linux client. What does "the next few days" mean?

Like, tonight, most probably.

Mac too, I hope?
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Rev2 was released weeks ago and we still don't have a linux client. when is the ETA for a Rev2 linux client?

It sucks that one has to buy a windows license to use the latest version of XCurrency.

I agree, linux client is coming in the next few days

Dan

This was one week ago and we still don't have a linux client. What does "the next few days" mean?

Like, tonight, most probably.
legendary
Xnode distributed content delivery, this is where you can add webpages and store information in cloud storage?

Yup.
legendary
Synechist: Regarding your op announcement (So, there's a new OP...):

Under the section "XCHAT MESSAGE PROCESS", step 3), recommend the following change for clarity:

change from: ".....encrypts a packet containing his/her public key and sends to user B."

to:  ".....encrypts a packet using user B's public key and sends to user B."

My first impression was that that step 3 implied it was (or could be interrupted as) user A's public key. It's only when you get to step 4 that it becomes clear that it's user B's public key being used to encrypt the packet.

Nice one. Yes.

Though it'll need to be "user A encrypts a packet that contains his/her public key, using user B's public key."

Activity: 361
Xnode distributed content delivery, this is where you can add webpages and store information in cloud storage?
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
Synechist: Regarding your op announcement (So, there's a new OP...):

Under the section "XCHAT MESSAGE PROCESS", step 3), recommend the following change for clarity:

change from: ".....encrypts a packet containing his/her public key and sends to user B."

to:  ".....encrypts a packet using user B's public key and sends to user B."

My first impression was that that step 3 implied it was (or could be interrupted as) user A's public key. It's only when you get to step 4 that it becomes clear that it's user B's public key being used to encrypt the packet.

Activity: 324
Rev2 was released weeks ago and we still don't have a linux client. when is the ETA for a Rev2 linux client?

It sucks that one has to buy a windows license to use the latest version of XCurrency.

I agree, linux client is coming in the next few days

Dan

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

Every time a transaction is made, a copy of it is stored in the blockchain. The blockchain is stored on every single computer that runs a wallet. If transactions take up a lot of space, or if a coin's technology requires a whole lot of transactions, then the blockchain becomes huge.

Blockchains can't be huge if they're to be stored on a mobile phone. So for real-world usability, a bloat-free blockchain is a central concern.

2. Please explain to me what Blockchain bloat is.

My explanation is embedded in your post. Ha ha.

My bad, thanks for explaining it.

Yesterday I said something about Multibit, but nobody of the XC team responded to it I am pretty sure.

Why not make something similar?

Maybe. I don't know. Seems to be less secure. And ugly.

Best to do a light client that'll preserve security, and even run on dumbphones. That, to me, would make a lot more sense.

It doesn't matter that much whether it is ugly or not, it doesn't need to download the whole Blockchain, it is synced in like <5 minutes.
legendary
Xchat is pretty damn polished already

Perhaps on Windows.  Linux and Mac users still do not have any XChat option whatsoever.

Apologies for the delay. I hear a Linux version is about done... will confirm whether this is the case as soon as I can.

Activity: 700

Perhaps on Windows.  Linux and Mac users still do not have any XChat option whatsoever.

Agree. What are the other Devs doing can this task be done by some other Dev?? it looks in here that Dan is doing all the work for XC.
legendary
Activity: 1960

legendary

Every time a transaction is made, a copy of it is stored in the blockchain. The blockchain is stored on every single computer that runs a wallet. If transactions take up a lot of space, or if a coin's technology requires a whole lot of transactions, then the blockchain becomes huge.

Blockchains can't be huge if they're to be stored on a mobile phone. So for real-world usability, a bloat-free blockchain is a central concern.

Yesterday I said something about Multibit, but nobody of the XC team responded to it I am pretty sure.

Maybe. I don't know. Seems to be less secure. And ugly.

Best to do a light client that'll preserve security, and even run on dumbphones. That, to me, would make a lot more sense.

legendary
Arlyn you have sayd yourself Atlas was reviewing it on reddit arrrrghhhhhhhh

Huh?

well you have said that review was in the cards and you were in touch with him

"We've been in touch with Kristov and a review is on the cards. He seems excited about XC."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2i3ksa/xcurrencys_revolutionary_privacy_advancement/

That's a very different thing to saying that Kristov is going to review XC. ;-)

legendary

Huh?

well you have said that review was in the cards and you were in touch with him

"We've been in touch with Kristov and a review is on the cards. He seems excited about XC."

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bitcoin/comments/2i3ksa/xcurrencys_revolutionary_privacy_advancement/
To be honest, I think XC is on par as the cryptonote coins(now), later it should be much better. It's exciting watching XC develop. Might be the next, new, and improved NXT.

In my opinion its feature set is a fair way beyond Cryptonote, with less bloat. Cryptonote's anonymity is not flexible, and this is the make-or-break factor when it comes to real-world use cases.

That said, XC's testing, reviews, and bounties have not happened yet, and Cryptonote is open source and quite well documented.

Can you explain to me what bloat is?

When are the code reviews going to be coming as well, I swear i read earlier this week in the thread that someone said Kristov Atlas would be doing a code review for XC. Are you guys wating for final 2.5 REV or what is the timeline on the code reviews. They would help immensely to get skeptics on board with XC.

Fully agree.  Code reviews by reputable sources should be a #1 priority right now.  Fortunately, I believe it is a #1 priority.  

You're right, code reviews will definitely bolster XC's reputation.

I don't have any dates for you at the moment, and neither can I confirm any reviewers. But the process is most likely to be:
- internal consultation and testing
- public reviews
- bounties
- open sourcing code

Two things.
1. I think that if REV 3 gets released it should be done in one go, not like REV 2 take 1 week to do so.
legendary

Huh?
legendary
To be honest, I think XC is on par as the cryptonote coins(now), later it should be much better. It's exciting watching XC develop. Might be the next, new, and improved NXT.

In my opinion its feature set is a fair way beyond Cryptonote, with less bloat. Cryptonote's anonymity is not flexible, and this is the make-or-break factor when it comes to real-world use cases.

That said, XC's testing, reviews, and bounties have not happened yet, and Cryptonote is open source and quite well documented.

Can you explain to me what bloat is?

When are the code reviews going to be coming as well, I swear i read earlier this week in the thread that someone said Kristov Atlas would be doing a code review for XC. Are you guys wating for final 2.5 REV or what is the timeline on the code reviews. They would help immensely to get skeptics on board with XC.

Fully agree.  Code reviews by reputable sources should be a #1 priority right now.  Fortunately, I believe it is a #1 priority.  

You're right, code reviews will definitely bolster XC's reputation.

I don't have any dates for you at the moment, and neither can I confirm any reviewers. But the process is most likely to be:
- internal consultation and testing
- public reviews
- bounties
- open sourcing code
Jump to: