Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 296. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Did Xander Shepherd quit XC and join nhz? Pizpie also?

Xander does XC's Linux releases. Pizpie does social media and a whole lot of quality networking.

Nothing has changed in this regard.

Nothing's new about this either. They've both always been involved in several projects. Go look up their post histories.

Pizpie did this video about 2 days ago for XC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6W13lAZSs

One thing needs to be made clear here: XC team members are not "employees". We put a ton of resources into XC, we prioritise it, and we know that it's a special project without equal in crypto. But for almost everyone, XC has never been their only project, and neither should it be. The reality is that crypto is a fairly small community and as a result you end up helping your friends out with their projects. That's what Xander and Nick are doing. Aren't you glad they're doing it for XC too?

Then how XC team members are compensated ?

What you said feels like a nicer way of saying, " there are a lot of pump and dump in crypto, they are done with this one, and moving on to other ones. "

This is why feelings are never really included in critical analysis or anything involving logic for that matter. How on earth did you "feel" that?

show me the exact words that made you feel like they are saying " there are a lot of pump and dump in crypto, they are done with this one, and moving on to other ones. "

They specifically state they prioritize XC , and you equate that to meaning "they are done with this coin" maybe try to not use your emotions when reading stuff

Hitler : I read your book Neichzsche , you know about super humans and the evolution of man, but i "feel" like the book was just telling me to kill all the jews
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
Well boys.  The good news is that one of your big competitors XMR - is getting trolled by the king of hash (BCX) who has sworn to destroy the coin in 24 hours.  Cheesy

The BAD news is that you guys keep releasing good news and your price keeps falling.  And your devs are so broke they are taking on other projects that directly compete with yours and you find out third hand  Embarrassed

dont see the good news for us (sticking to our community code) and dont see the bad news either.

jump back some pages and read some posts of synechist
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8926795

i think working together with other innovative projects is a win-win -> so good news for us too.
Activity: 112
Merit: 10
What you said feels like a nicer way of saying, " there are a lot of pump and dump in crypto, they are done with this one, and moving on to other ones. "

ohhhhh lookie - a smart one!  volunteer work to get inside info on the pump in order to dump  Roll Eyes

gotta have some way of motivating peoples  Cheesy

knowledge is power\a fool and his money are soon parted.  the creed of crypto
Activity: 684
Did Xander Shepherd quit XC and join nhz? Pizpie also?

Xander does XC's Linux releases. Pizpie does social media and a whole lot of quality networking.

Nothing has changed in this regard.

Nothing's new about this either. They've both always been involved in several projects. Go look up their post histories.

Pizpie did this video about 2 days ago for XC: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yu6W13lAZSs

One thing needs to be made clear here: XC team members are not "employees". We put a ton of resources into XC, we prioritise it, and we know that it's a special project without equal in crypto. But for almost everyone, XC has never been their only project, and neither should it be. The reality is that crypto is a fairly small community and as a result you end up helping your friends out with their projects. That's what Xander and Nick are doing. Aren't you glad they're doing it for XC too?

Then how XC team members are compensated ?

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
Well boys.  The good news is that one of your big competitors XMR - is getting trolled by the king of hash (BCX) who has sworn to destroy the coin in 24 hours.  Cheesy

BCX is full of hot air, I'd be very very surprised if he didn't back out at the last minute. The excuse will likely be "the devs took me serious", or "the devs admitted there might be a flaw".
Activity: 112

The BAD news is that you guys keep releasing good news and your price keeps falling.  And your devs are so broke they are taking on other projects that directly compete with yours and you find out third hand  Embarrassed
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
sometimes XC community reminds me a little bit of that poor kitten in that clip -  slowly and considered making progress, and one might think everything is on the right track.
then something unforeseen comes along and BAMMM.... everything 's going south for no good reason.

well, at least most of the times we could look back and have a good laugh about the unnecessary discomposure.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14wr4pXZFk .. enjoy!!  Grin

btw, i see myself as community member and of course i know it's just a few that cause the storm in the teacup, but we have to stick it out together. Cheers.   Cheesy

Ha ha. Hilarious.
Activity: 165
Merit: 100
There sure is a lot of Fear about this collaboration/announcement. and a lot of Uncertainty. and a lot of Doubt....

Yeah. I wish the community was ready to trust the team more at this stage, especially after the previous collaborations.

I mean, we even announced that there's big news coming tomorrow...

sometimes XC community reminds me a little bit of that poor kitten in that clip -  slowly and considered making progress, and one might think everything is on the right track.
then something unforeseen comes along and BAMMM.... everything 's going south for no good reason.

well, at least most of the times we could look back and have a good laugh about the unnecessary discomposure.  Roll Eyes  Roll Eyes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h14wr4pXZFk .. enjoy!!  Grin

btw, i see myself as community member and of course i know it's just a few that cause the storm in the teacup, but we have to stick it out together. Cheers.   Cheesy

Activity: 361
Merit: 250
Taking my coffee break at work, reading up on the latest XC news (have been away from PC for 2 days - going through withdrawal) and noticed more work that XC does with other coins. It's great that Dan is helping other devs, however this may slow development and delay XC milestones and goals.

The price on the exchanges have been between .00125 and .0016 (give or take a few extra 0's). We need to start breaking this pattern. It's good and cheap that I can buy 5 to 10 XC per pay check, but I think it's time we broke out of our rut and started seeing some real movement and volume.

Just my two cents. Smiley

Funny pic below of the "internet dark ages" :
{snap}

Lol 5 to 10 Xcs per pay check? Is this slavery work?

LOL - Not slavery but sometimes it feels like that. I have 2 kids (10 and 11 years old) and i'm a single dad. After mortgage, utilities, food, gas, kids expenses (one son is in swimming and the other is in volleyball) i'm wiped for the month. I'm lucky to buy to 5 to 10 XC per paycheck. I'm actually excited when I accidentally save some extra money so I can take my kids out to eat once in a while. You should see me in the house shutting off all the lights and unplugging everything I can to save some money on my electricity bills.

My hats off to a dad who can do this, may XC go to 3000 a coin so you can retire.
legendary
Activity: 971
I agree! We were not (The NHZ team) planning on releasing any info about the team or any development plans, but we had a situation come up, and the community needed to be reassured that no one was jumping ship. We needed to present a unified front and restore confidence in the NHZ community.
On that note, I apologise for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that came as a result of that.
I've been committed to XC's long term success and adoption throughout real world services. This will never change.
We are a strong community, and are building something great.

What situation was that?

This will be my last post regarding NHZ, please refer to the NHZ ANN thread or forums for further discussion.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8928751
http://forum.nhzcrypto.org/index.php

The original developer came back suddenly and saw that a development team had come in to help move NHZ forward - He is a control freak, and without discussing anything with us, dumped 23m coins. This startled a lot of people, as they thought it was the dev team cashing out and hitting the road. We needed to take action and post an abrupt 'team ANN' to re-gain confidence that nobody was bailing. It was in fact the complete opposite, we had just not wanted to make anything public until all the details / plans were finalized.
This in turn, sparked a mild conversation / worry on here that the XC team members were moving on, which was unsubstantiated and false.

I would like to return to XC discussion, as this is the place for it.
Again, I sincerely apologise for any confusion.
This was not my, nor the teams intention.
We are 100% committed to XC development and advancement.
Activity: 75
 everything will be fine
Activity: 56
Merit: 0

I agree! We were not (The NHZ team) planning on releasing any info about the team or any development plans, but we had a situation come up, and the community needed to be reassured that no one was jumping ship. We needed to present a unified front and restore confidence in the NHZ community.
On that note, I apologise for any miscommunication or misunderstanding that came as a result of that.
I've been committed to XC's long term success and adoption throughout real world services. This will never change.

Thank you Pizpie, better late than never.

We can move on, or at least we should!

I really appreciate whole XC teams hard work, keep it going.
(sorry for my bad english btw.)  Grin
Activity: 109
In Crypto We Verify
Nothing that has transpired has given me pause. To me the previous actions of the development team as related to XC does not lead me to be immediately suspect that the XC sky is falling when FUD appears. I agree that collaboration is good let this us vs them mentality go the way of the dinosaurs! I tend to think our announcements are a bit over hyped. I think even if there is a world changing announcement regarding XC any pre-announcement of news should be pretty humdrum and let the news speak for its self. Crypto wise I am still all in on XC and nothing yet has given me reason to change that position. I did however setup an NHZ node Wink
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

What situation was that?
Activity: 462
Merit: 500
legendary
Activity: 971
like i said i see the colaborations positive and i don't accuse anyone from "betrayal". but i can see why some are irritated as well. look at the track record:

cache: jasin threw it out there.
key review: well i don't wanna bring those feeling up again Smiley ( all reviews afterwards executed perfectly)
quibuck: their thread first
nhz: again they go first

i thinks thats what more gets on the nerves of some. some react totally inapropriate in my optinion but what i wanna say is the team, if it feels frustrated, should not forget that. regarding colaborations the track record of leaks stands and its bad luck that yet again it happened.

^ exactly this is my biggest problem.

Everyone makes mistakes of course, it's human nature. But if you constantly make the same mistakes without learning from it, it's just........

No offense to anyone, just my opinion.

Waiting anxiously tomorrows announcement  Grin

It's other teams, making the mistake for the first time each time.

Now can we please move on?

yes exactly, i didn't want to imply that it was always your fault , especially yours personally. just how some percive the whole situation cause of this track record.

i also agree that we should move on from here. next time you make an colaboration agreement you lock that fucker up until you got the release ready. thats probably the only way.  Grin

legendary
like i said i see the colaborations positive and i don't accuse anyone from "betrayal". but i can see why some are irritated as well. look at the track record:

key review: well i don't wanna bring those feeling up again Smiley ( all reviews afterwards executed perfectly)

i thinks thats what more gets on the nerves of some. some react totally inapropriate in my optinion but what i wanna say is the team, if it feels frustrated, should not forget that. regarding colaborations the track record of leaks stands and its bad luck that yet again it happened.

Everyone makes mistakes of course, it's human nature. But if you constantly make the same mistakes without learning from it, it's just........

yes exactly, i didn't want to imply that it was always your fault , especially yours personally. just how some percive the whole situation cause of this track record.

i also agree that we should move on from here. next time you make an colaboration agreement you lock that fucker up until you got the release ready. thats probably the only way.  Grin

Hah. If I could, I damn well would!

Activity: 882

legendary
lets make a prediction challenge. the current discussion bores me.

1, i say tomorrows news include some sort of review aggreement for xc.
2.  the nhz colaboration will be the best colab so far for xc.
3. nhz will not surge like others before after announcment, still some pump though

Also can we who want more volume discuss how we can get this thing on freakin btc38 or btcchina. i don't wanna put this particular hope in the hands of mintpal 2.0 alone.

Indeed. Anyone got ideas or connections for this?

Jump to: