Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 298. (Read 1484189 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

Team members joining another coins team looks bad no matter how you spin it.

That's precisely what I'm trying to suggest is a misperception.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."

Good point. The shareholders would be outraged.

So yes, the situations are not analogous:

- Crypto is fluid, communal, and not held together by legal contracts.

- This makes it vastly more innovative and flexible than corporations.

- It also makes it vastly less small-minded than the corporate scarcity-dominated mentality.

- Community fosters superabundance. Anything that does this is beautiful and should not be replaced by a dynamic that creates scarcity.

Big up for community!

The situations are analogous to a degree.  Are you telling me that if Dan (atcsecure) were to officially announce that he was coding (as an official dev) for another coin, that XC 's price would not crash?  And that XC holders would not be outraged?

They'd dump if they adopted a scarcity-dominated paradigm.

If they adopted a communality-and-thus-superabundance paradigm, they'd see it as a sign of a healthy ecosystem that's benefitting them as much as others.

As an interesting aside here, it's still commonly thought that the biological realm is dominated by competition and evolutionary natural selection. Funnily enough this hasn't been the consensus since the 1980s, when biosemiotics took off as a field and people realised that symbiosis was both more fundamental and more prevalent than competition.

As well as the concept of Evolution is a complete and utter bullshit, that science is disproving day after day more and more. Scientists are afraid to speak against Evolution as they are afraid to loose their grants given to them by the state that with this Ideology wants to open us to full competition and full materialism for the New world order.. Natural selection is not evolution and works just for speciation, hence(micro-evolution)..Macro evolution is the religion that our modern and corrupted world found his world dominance from and it will dye soon. Symbiosis in nature is evident as design is
Activity: 616
/rant off

I have to step out of the house.  I still obviously support XC... I mean, just look at my posting history. Wink
Activity: 192
Merit: 100

I'll give an example from my own life:

- I do analytical philosophical research into sign action

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

The basic fact is that joining another team is an act of community. People join because their friends have a project that they're keen to help with. The perception that there is competition, scarce time-resources, and thus a "betrayal" in joining another team, is just the wrong paradigm. This is community. It's intertwined. It's close-nit. And it's superabundant in resources. There is no scarcity. There are only plentiful networks. When XC needs something, what do you know? Many people come forward to provide it. This will not change.

So I suppose the shareholders of Apple or Microsoft would cheer if Tim Cook or Satya Nadella were to "co-join" another company under the guise of "community."

- It also makes it vastly less small-minded than the corporate scarcity-dominated mentality.

- Community fosters superabundance. Anything that does this is beautiful and should not be replaced by a dynamic that creates scarcity.

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-microsoft-and-apple-work-together-2013-6?op=1

EDIT: yes the best do indeed work with the best

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.informationweek.com/desktop/microsoft-sues-apple-over-app-store-trademark/d/d-id/1095392?

Just sayin...

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

All of these "spread my resources thinner". But this is not a problem. It's life.

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix

That's exactly my point -- These elements are in place for a reason.  Their contract would forbid it and they surrender creative rights to help ensure the success of the company and protect shareholders.  

Your point would be more legitimate if the comparison was on 2 companies , highly centralized , highly competitive in a centralized format , constantly buying up or patent trolling anything that shows innovation. Not decentralized and has one of the main focuses centered in open sourcing everything.

You are not a shareholder when you buy a coin, you are buying into a currency, not a company.  You can agree with them and disagree with them, but if you are going to disagree and the reason for the disagreement is a broken logic comparing it to something that it is trying to become better than, something that has been brought up as a solution to the very things you are comparing it to, features and implementations that make it the complete opposite of what you are comparing them to. then don't expect people to actually take note.

All altcoins live or die on success of it's development team.  Are you telling me that is not a centralized element of XC, or any altcoin?  There are many ways in which XC is analogous to a company.  There are many ways in which buying into an altcoin is analogous to being a shareholder of a company.  So yes, I can point to these analogies.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Big up for community!

The situations are analogous to a degree.  Are you telling me that if Dan (atcsecure) were to officially announce that he was coding (as an official dev) for another coin, that XC 's price would not crash?  And that XC holders would not be outraged?

They'd dump if they adopted a scarcity-dominated paradigm.

If they adopted a communality-and-thus-superabundance paradigm, they'd see it as a sign of a healthy ecosystem that's benefitting them as much as others.

As an interesting aside here, it's still commonly thought that the biological realm is dominated by competition and evolutionary natural selection. Funnily enough this hasn't been the consensus since the 1980s, when biosemiotics took off as a field and people realised that symbiosis was both more fundamental and more prevalent than competition.

Activity: 924

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Their contract would forbid it, also all creative rights when employed by those companies goes out the window, you come up with a million dollar idea, be sure that it will be ripped from you faster than a crack addict after a fix

That's exactly my point -- These elements are in place for a reason.  Their contract would forbid it and they surrender creative rights to help ensure the success of the company and protect shareholders.  

Your point would be more legitimate if the comparison was on 2 companies , highly centralized , highly competitive in a centralized format , constantly buying up or patent trolling anything that shows innovation. Not decentralized and has one of the main focuses centered in open sourcing everything.

You are not a shareholder when you buy a coin, you are buying into a currency, not a company.  You can agree with them and disagree with them, but if you are going to disagree and the reason for the disagreement is a broken logic comparing it to something that it is trying to become better than, something that has been brought up as a solution to the very things you are comparing it to, features and implementations that make it the complete opposite of what you are comparing them to. then don't expect people to actually take note.
Activity: 882
like i said i see the colaborations positive and i don't accuse anyone from "betrayal". but i can see why some are irritated as well. look at the track record:

cache: jasin threw it out there.
key review: well i don't wanna bring those feeling up again Smiley ( all reviews afterwards executed perfectly)
quibuck: their thread first
nhz: again they go first

i thinks thats what more gets on the nerves of some. some react totally inapropriate in my optinion but what i wanna say is the team, if it feels frustrated, should not forget that. regarding colaborations the track record of leaks stands and its bad luck that yet again it happened.

so again i understand both sides a little. seems to be my thing lately  Smiley

Anyway we have been through worse discussions in here. its healthy and always came out beneficial.
i'm looking forward to the actual details and more info tomorrow. it will be good i'm shure.

i hope some kind of review agreement from a public figure for XC is part of it.  Wink

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

http://www.businessinsider.com/how-microsoft-and-apple-work-together-2013-6?op=1

That addresses collaboration -- which I support and think is a good thing for XC.  Right now, I am speaking to the fact that two core XC team members are now official team members of another coin.  This is not the same as collaboration.

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!

Activity: 196

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!

Read and enjoy ..

EDIT: yes the best do indeed work with the best

Activity: 714
Collaboration within the cryptocurrency community at large (like any community) is important to the success and innovation of crypto in general. You can't expect a new space like crypto to thrive and grow if it remains insular and afraid to reach out to other coins.

Besides, it's not like those XC members are taking over those other coins (and abandoning XC).

PS. No collaboration of the XC goat though. That will not stand.  Cheesy
What is with the XC goat?

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Activity: 196

Perhaps, but it's on behalf of the team's growing frustration about how our ethic of collaboration and mutual beneficence gets interpreted as somehow betraying XC.

[ snip ]

Just so's you know, for every person whining there are 10 out here wondering what the hell the issue is - most of us know that we are buying in to and supporting a fantastic project and do not doubt any of your commitment every time you interact with other coins.

And one other comment for our community is that the coins that eventually win out from the gazillions will be the ones that have a gained respect and trust and recognition throughout the altcoin universe, not the ones that pretend every other coin is shit and should be shunned.  
legendary

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Big up for community!
Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Collaboration within the cryptocurrency community at large (like any community) is important to the success and innovation of crypto in general. You can't expect a new space like crypto to thrive and grow if it remains insular and afraid to reach out to other coins.

Besides, it's not like those XC members are taking over those other coins (and abandoning XC).

PS. No collaboration of the XC goat though. That will not stand.  Cheesy
Activity: 924

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

legendary

- I have a music career

- I design gliders

Activity: 700
Why didn't you tell us evil XC PR Member

So let's get this straight:

XC team members are not employees.

They support XC and devote significant resources to it.

But they do not work exclusively for XC.

Expect to find that people have other commitments. This is not detrimental to XC, it's life.

It is not necessary that we clarify or get the community's permission every time someone does something.

dude you pic fights where there are none.

Perhaps, but it's on behalf of the team's growing frustration about how our ethic of collaboration and mutual beneficence gets interpreted as somehow betraying XC.

This is a perception that we all feel needs to change. It's important to us.

one post like pizpies and it would have been settled. sometimes i don't get your logic. one or two sentences of insight was to much?

We were discussing what to say. Anyone could've posted that. It just so happened that Nick did.

Collaboration is one thing. Team members joining another coins team is completely different and looks bad no matter how you spin it. Spreading your resources thin is always bad.

Does not look bad to me....we still don't even know what this will bring to xc... stop whining..

+1 stop whining or tell us what you can do for XC. There is to many here acting like they own the place..

I'm offering up my opinion, that's all. Obviously, you are free to disagree.
Jump to: