Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 512. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
now that its out i'm curious to know more details about the collab.
are you planning to give some more insight in the near future.
today would fit my schedule  Cheesy
Activity: 214
Merit: 100
we'd want to incentivise good network performance.

Really great idea to vavor network performance regarding  internet and data transfert Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hi all

I'd like to confirm the news just posted here.

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- We will make an official announcement about this on Friday.

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs

why no one's excited for this new development is beyond me. they're working on the tech to have every wallet be able to earn fees from routing private transactions on the network. and it makes sense to collaborate with Qibuck since they already have a passive income tech with their wallets.

XC will collaborate and help get this tech on their nodes/wallets sooner than later. awesome!

I agree completely.

I'll also add that this collaboration will result in another revenue source for nodes, unrelated to private transactions.

It look very interesting, i know XC will devellop Web 3.0 in the futur and i guess internet traffic going through nodes will generate profits. I expect severals features will generate fees using nodes as anonymous vehicule (Xchat,vocal chat,  data transfert, decentralized exchange...).
It would be very interesting to discuss how income from nodes could be distributed and what it imply for the economic model.
I would like to see a progressive sliced income model. For exemple somebody who hold 10kxc in wallet would earn more fees than someone holding 500 xc. the ration of fees won would not be x20 in this case but something we could determine as fair.
It would give a winning fees advantage for first investors (and holder), motivate investors to buy more and more XC in orders to win more fees generated by futur XC features. This kind of rewards model keep investors holding XC, dry out XC supply,as results price go up progressively attracting more and more investors and users.
I think fees should be cheap and not linked to XC price evolution, because if XC price grow too much the cost for using XC technology would be too high wich imply less users/adoption and finally less fees generated. So fees would be paid with XC and the amount would vary from last average x days/hours XC price value.
So many good things are coming Smiley

Spot on. :-)

The only modification I'd make to your comment is that I think it makes sense for, say, nodes routing internet traffic to earn based on their quality of service, rather than on their wallet balance. This will ensure a high performance network that serves content effectively.

Large balances already earn interest through POS; we'd want to incentivise good network performance.

Activity: 214
Hi all

The XC and Qibuck devs are partnering to develop a feature that'll allow nodes to earn money.

A few details:

- It's a particularly exciting feature that I'm not sure anyone else has thought of yet.

- The reason for the partnership is that by sharing resources we reduce both development time and costs

why no one's excited for this new development is beyond me. they're working on the tech to have every wallet be able to earn fees from routing private transactions on the network. and it makes sense to collaborate with Qibuck since they already have a passive income tech with their wallets.

XC will collaborate and help get this tech on their nodes/wallets sooner than later. awesome!

I agree completely.

I'll also add that this collaboration will result in another revenue source for nodes, unrelated to private transactions.

It look very interesting, i know XC will devellop Web 3.0 in the futur and i guess internet traffic going through nodes will generate profits. I expect severals features will generate fees using nodes as anonymous vehicule (Xchat,vocal chat,  data transfert, decentralized exchange...).
It would be very interesting to discuss how income from nodes could be distributed and what it imply for the economic model.
I would like to see a progressive sliced income model. For exemple somebody who hold 10kxc in wallet would earn more fees than someone holding 500 xc. the ration of fees won would not be x20 in this case but something we could determine as fair.
It would give a winning fees advantage for first investors (and holder), motivate investors to buy more and more XC in orders to win more fees generated by futur XC features. This kind of rewards model keep investors holding XC, dry out XC supply,as results price go up progressively attracting more and more investors and users.
I think fees should be cheap and not linked to XC price evolution, because if XC price grow too much the cost for using XC technology would be too high wich imply less users/adoption and finally less fees generated. So fees would be paid with XC and the amount would vary from last average x days/hours XC price value.
So many good things are coming Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Have the team begun drafting a new wallet layout with all these exciting features?

If there was one feature each community member would like to have added what would it be?
 - For me it would be scalable anonymity.
   Total anon
   List of addresses can see addresses of mine that I specify and maybe even holdings.
   List of addresses can read my chats like tweets or fb wall.
   Shared account that I can setup pre approved with eg. My partner so that we have equal access to spend from it.
  Same level of anon as bitcoin
  Less anon than bitcoin with addresses shown as nicknames.

About the tweets or fb wall rather than only having my client publish it all of my identified friends could forward publish it if we share the intended receivers.

Just random hopefully constructive ideas to move the thread forward.

I'd like to see group Xchat.

legendary
Collaboration = QBK paying to plaster "XC COLLAB" everywhere and hiring XC devs

No, XC will benefit hugely from this.

Just wait until we release the details. :-)

legendary
Have the team begun drafting a new wallet layout with all these exciting features?

If there was one feature each community member would like to have added what would it be?
   Total anon
   List of addresses can see addresses of mine that I specify and maybe even holdings.
   Shared account that I can setup pre approved with eg. My partner so that we have equal access to spend from it.

About the tweets or fb wall rather than only having my client publish it all of my identified friends could forward publish it if we share the intended receivers.

Thanks for this.

Yeah there's been some discussion about this sort of stuff. Ultimately the "anonymity" built into Bitcoin is too high for some use-cases, not high enough for others, and private in the wrong ways for yet others.

XC addresses this with its flexible approach to privacy. The core technology will be able to fit a wide variety of use-cases; upon this core we can build all sorts of features, discrete apps, APIs, etc. That's our approach to the scenarios you outline.

Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a woman showed up in our thread.  You do all realize that the world of people buying and spending money is at least 50% women right...?  Why help exclude that market?

I'm eagerly waiting for the day when I can purchase women's clothing and handbags with XC, that would keep my wife happy.
Activity: 178

Total anon

legendary
Hi all

A few details:

I agree completely.

Activity: 46
Merit: 0
Hi all

A few details:

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
please do not let people like this take advantage of you and our community.

He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.

You're making unjustified assumptions here.

+1

Just read this on their thread...

THE WALLET ENHANCEMENT IS THE INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY OF QIBUCK and we cannot disclose it until it is completed. We wanted to give XC DEVS the privilege of this JV partnership and hope to move forward once the whole FUD MESS is cleared up by the XC DEVS AND PR TEAM.

It looks like its a case of helping each other out.

Lets try getting back to being civil to each other.

Activity: 684

He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.

How is that unjustified ?

Have you look at Qibuck thread ? They already highlighted in OP
" COLLABORATION ON A NEW REVENUE GENERATING WALLET ENHANCEMENT BETWEEN XC COIN AND QIBUCK COIN. "

If this is not using XC's name to promote his own coin, What is it ?

He is the co-founder of Qibuck. He clearly has a conflict of interest here.

We should really consider remove him from the team.

legendary

Activity: 684
I've said what I needed to say and will not tolerate trolls on this thread as well as on Qibuck thread.
Yanji and I have been professional.

You were attacking the coin on Poloniex with your wild assumptions,now come here to do the same.
Go eat your Chinese food.

Is this what you call being professional? The way you speak to this community is inappropriate and disrespectful. You came out today act like you are the boss of this community and if anyone rise any questions to you, they are branded “trolls” and should stop question you immediately.

You are supposed to be a part of the XC team, but what do you really do for XC?
http://xc-official.com/assets/pdfs/14-07-08%20The%20XC%20Team.pdf
From this document, we can see that you are the last person to be mentioned. And what do you actually do is not even specified.

A brief research on your past posts easily shows that you have significant more interest in QiBuck than XC. And you demonstrated today that you are willing to sacrifice XC community’s interest to promote your own agenda. You are not here to help the XC team. You are here to promote your own coin.

I think the real question here is not whether you will tolerate us but whether we will tolerate you in this community.

Please take look at his past post history and Qibuck thread and judge for yourself. He and Qiwoman clearly are the main beneficiaries of Qibuck. He is not doing this for the XC community. He is doing this for himself. I would not be surprised this “collaboration” is his idea and he use his “XC team member” relationship to push it on Dan.

Dan we all know you are a nice guy and you have a good heart. But please do not let people like this take advantage of you and our community.

I for one calling to remove this person from the XC team. He is not here to help us. And he is willing to hurt our community for his personal gains.
Activity: 840
I understand everyones frustration and we all appreciate feedback but some comments were slightly to far out there. Furthermore I personally agree with some of the comments and we know that things could have been done better.Lets change the topic to something else.
legendary

Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a women showed up in our thread.

+1.

Activity: 95
I don't usually get drawn into commenting on forums. People have their own agendas, and I'm not concerned about stopping or starting "FUD". In the end you either have innovation, or not.

Dan has much more information about the coin, and about the collaboration. He has the best information to decide whether it would be beneficial or not. I'm invested in his development. I would like him to make the best decisions possible with the information he has. If you trust he will, then buy some of the coin, if you don't, then don't buy or sell what you have.  

As far as, "They could have handled the announcement better". So could have many people on this forum.

In the end, you have innovation or not. The price will eventually only reflect the innovation, not the announcements, fud, or the rumors. As I am not contributing to the innovation, I let it run it's course as I certainly can't change it. I only write this to remind people, you are betting on Dan, and Dan making the best decisions possible.

I'd like to second this.

I took the news positively, but pretty much any news on XC development rings positive to me... As long as we are not stagnating it is all good.  I believe in the team and the project, so I just hold.  I am also sure there are plenty more like me and theoriginal, we are just not as vocal as some...

All the ego's need to be set aside a bit.  The only person who is essential to this project is ATC, and you don't see him ranting and raving about what XC owes him.  We should all just chill and wait for our speculation to bear returns (that's right, it's a speculation and not an investment, nobody here helps pay for ATC's rent, electricity, coffee, etc.).  As original said, it is the product, and the man developing that product, that we are all betting on.  

Lastly, grow up and start treating women with a bit of respect.  It didn't help anyone/thing to start being typical male pigs when a woman showed up in our thread.  You do all realize that the world of people buying and spending money is at least 50% women right...?  Why help exclude that market?
Activity: 882
keep in mind that people's investments could and will be affected if something were to go wrong. i hope is it the opposite.

that applies to every investment in the world. You take that mechanism out investing makes no sense anymore. it doesn't exist without risk. Oh my god did i really read this.

if Dan has a heart attack tonight that would be bad for your investment too, so do you want to ask the community to decide wether he is still allowed to eat burgers with french fries and have a beer after 16 hours of coding.

Activity: 2
Merit: 0
I don't usually get drawn into commenting on forums. People have their own agendas, and I'm not concerned about stopping or starting "FUD". In the end you either have innovation, or not.

Dan has much more information about the coin, and about the collaboration. He has the best information to decide whether it would be beneficial or not. I'm invested in his development. I would like him to make the best decisions possible with the information he has. If you trust he will, then buy some of the coin, if you don't, then don't buy or sell what you have.  

As far as, "They could have handled the announcement better". So could have many people on this forum.

In the end, you have innovation or not. The price will eventually only reflect the innovation, not the announcements, fud, or the rumors. As I am not contributing to the innovation, I let it run it's course as I certainly can't change it. I only write this to remind people, you are betting on Dan, and Dan making the best decisions possible.

Jump to: