Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 533. (Read 1484191 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
I have a question:
1. How long does it take for coins to mature?
2. Somebody should make an exchange so that XC can be bought directly with fiat money instead of buying Bitcoins first, that would take away a lot of hassle.

1- it takes 10 days on AVG

2- I agree
Activity: 714
I have a question:
1. How long does it take for coins to mature?
2. Somebody should make an exchange so that XC can be bought directly with fiat money instead of buying Bitcoins first, that would take away a lot of hassle.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550
What happened to BTC Dump to 309?? Bitstamp haked rumor on btc-e trollbox... I hope it goes down more I will buy 2000 Euro more in 10 days and then will buy XC gnam gnam

Now that was a ridiculous dump. My goodness.

9000 BTC if trollbox is correct

The volume on the 15min candle on Bitcoinwisdom for that dump is 7351 BTC.

Question is: on what information would a dump like that be rational?

For sure is not an ealthy signal for new Institutional Investors...

It is to venture capital. They bet on high risk / high rewards. They percieve market volatility as a good sign.

It looks like wild beginners asking for a beating I'd say. ;-)

If I were a professional trader I'd get stuck in.

Hmm... this reminds me of something I did a while back that I called "deep sea fishing": leave a long order way below the price and see if anyone crazy dumps. He he.

"Deep sea fishing" :-) I did the same, but the other way around. Back in November 2013 I put a sell order up for 1 Doge = 1 BTC, it got filled to 0.12 BTC , leaving me with 0.88 Doge and 0.12 BTC lol

Shall we call that "extreme kiting"?

Yeah! Altcoin trading advice : practice Deep sea fishing & Extreme Kiting for those "insane gains"
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
On another note, the only alts that have held at least some stability throughout this ordeal are XC and BitcoinDark, both "coins" are more like a platform/infrastructure than a "coin"
That should tell you something about the future of both these equities.

This "Bitcoin crash" is actually good news, it is the ultimate test for altcoin longevity. Coins which bring nothing new are eradicated, whereas coins with solid development and strategic vision will prevail.

I remain unphased, I hold both and will not sell even when this crash would take us back to square 1.

The cryptocat is out of the bag, you knew it would be a bumpy ride, have faith and enjoy the ride

We are pioneers, not scared little children.

Agreed.

The platform approach assists in giving coins intrinsic value, the lack thereof being one of the main criticisms of Bitcoin (semantics aside).

I can purchase, IM, call, video chat anonymously from my wallet you say? What's that? On a decentralized network? Sign me up!
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
What happened to BTC Dump to 309?? Bitstamp haked rumor on btc-e trollbox... I hope it goes down more I will buy 2000 Euro more in 10 days and then will buy XC gnam gnam

It is to venture capital. They bet on high risk / high rewards. They percieve market volatility as a good sign.

Hmm... this reminds me of something I did a while back that I called "deep sea fishing": leave a long order way below the price and see if anyone crazy dumps. He he.

"Deep sea fishing" :-) I did the same, but the other way around. Back in November 2013 I put a sell order up for 1 Doge = 1 BTC, it got filled to 0.12 BTC , leaving me with 0.88 Doge and 0.12 BTC lol

Shall we call that "extreme kiting"?

Activity: 341
Merit: 250
We may have found the bottom for BTC. Just a hunch.

Activity: 151
Merit: 100
Today could be the day we surpass DRK marketcap and become the largest anon coin !
On another note, the only alts that have held at least some stability throughout this ordeal are XC and BitcoinDark, both "coins" are more like a platform/infrastructure than a "coin"
That should tell you something about the future of both these equities.

This "Bitcoin crash" is actually good news, it is the ultimate test for altcoin longevity. Coins which bring nothing new are eradicated, whereas coins with solid development and strategic vision will prevail.

I remain unphased, I hold both and will not sell even when this crash would take us back to square 1.

The cryptocat is out of the bag, you knew it would be a bumpy ride, have faith and enjoy the ride

We are pioneers, not scared little children.

yep I did an early RZR micro dump for a lower buy order and get filled than did a micro pump and got out with 3x profit he he
Activity: 714

He decided he made enough profit or he needed fiat money probably.
legendary

Besides we're still on the eve of mass market penetration, Bitcoin's market cap is still laughable in the grand scheme of things. Any whale with thousands of BTC can dump to create panic. Once the market has matured it will be a lot harder.

Since margin trading Bitcoin is possible nowadays, it could well be someone trying to negatively influence the market price.
Any investor who went long on Bitcoin and borrowed money to bet long is now burned.

Any broker, entity or other party that lend Bitcoin to long margin traders could have dumped to cash in profits.

Activity: 381
Merit: 250

Just to be clear the fud came down to about 2 or 3 persons. Just make sure you don't affiliate yourself with them and don't waste your time on it. It's an endless discussion when eveybody thinks he's right. I the end nobody wins, we all just want to make a solid system that works.
legendary

legendary

Jump to: