Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 590. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Hello,
is on this coin Proof-of-Stack ?
...if it´s possible I want to let my coins work for me Wink

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.

THX, I istalled the walled,..bockchain is sync, ...the Coins are on the wallet confirmed (+1.000),..walled is unlocked,but if Iput the Courser on the right botton to the two hammers, I get the massege: "Not mining because you don´t have mature coin"

What´s wrong ;(
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Secondly, when XC starts on smart contracts there'll be an additional tool at our disposal: escrow service nodes (which earn fees for forwarding/arbitrating multisig transactions). Now that'll be powerful. There'll be no conceivable situation we can't engineer optimally.

I can't wait for this and I know a lot of ppl feel the same way, that'll be a killer addition to the XC platform.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
And stealt addresses are comming:)
Great addition layer for anon but ....
If I pay someone anon. And not even the chain shows the coin's received how do you settle discussions between buyer and sender? What if that "whatever" seller claims they never received my payment?

Simply speaking, you can't verify anything with 100% anonymity.

This makes sense though. I mean, if you want to verify something (trustlessly) then you have to make information public. If it's public it's not anonymous.

My guess is that single-use publicly known addresses are the sorts of things that retailers will need to use. Stealth addresses are no good for both seller and buyer, since there's (generally) a mutual interest in payment confirmation or tracking.

Ultimately the flexibility that XC will offer with its privacy solution will be something like:

- separate control over disclosing amounts and addresses
- either amounts or addresses (or both) can be made public, private, or known only to sender and receiver.

This way we'll be able to provide appropriate solutions to any given use-case.

Makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise it's monkey logic - how to make the impossible possible because everything is possible or the more popular interpretation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg.

Indeed.

Let's sketch a scenario here:

- I want to pay someone

- I don't want to publicly reveal my address

- I don't want to publicly reveal the amount paid

- I will need to prove to the recipient that the amount has been paid

- If the product/service I'm paying for is not delivered I want the option of using this proof of payment to demand a refund or otherwise seek redress.

- The recipient does not want to disclose his/her address

- The recipient does not want to disclose the amount received

- The recipient needs proof of payment before providing the product/service

Solution:

- Sender uses multipath to conceal the amount paid

- Sender uses trustless mixing to conceal the address paid from

- Sender sends to a single-use address that (s)he is in control of

- Recipient provides a publicised address but will receive payment on a stealth address, thus concealing the address received on

- Sender then makes a public payment to the recipient's publicised address that is recorded on the blockchain as successfully sent

- In the event of a dispute, the sender can sign a message proving to be the owner of the public key associated with that address. This involves disclosing - at least to the recipient and possibly also publicly or to a mediator - the address and the amount. As such, users will be discouraged from engaging in illicit transactions due to inability to dispute publicly should products or services not be delivered.

So that'll work pretty well - and I haven't even need to use XChat, which would come in handy for other scenarios.

Secondly, when XC starts on smart contracts there'll be an additional tool at our disposal: escrow service nodes (which earn fees for forwarding/arbitrating multisig transactions). Now that'll be powerful. There'll be no conceivable situation we can't engineer optimally.

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
If I pay someone anon. And not even the chain shows the coin's received how do you settle discussions between buyer and sender? What if that "whatever" seller claims they never received my payment?

This makes sense though. I mean, if you want to verify something (trustlessly) then you have to make information public. If it's public it's not anonymous.

My guess is that single-use publicly known addresses are the sorts of things that retailers will need to use. Stealth addresses are no good for both seller and buyer, since there's (generally) a mutual interest in payment confirmation or tracking.

Ultimately the flexibility that XC will offer with its privacy solution will be something like:

- either amounts or addresses (or both) can be made public, private, or known only to sender and receiver.

Makes perfect sense to me. Otherwise it's monkey logic - how to make the impossible possible because everything is possible or the more popular interpretation: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_or_the_egg.
Activity: 978

If you MUST track it and still wants it to be anonymous, it's quite straightforward with XC.   You just need to take some additional steps.

1. Receiver: Generate a new public address
2. Sender: Using XChat gets public address from receiver
3. Sender: Use private transaction to send to another address that sender owns to anonymize his coins
4. Sender: Use those anonymized coins to send to receiver public address.  (This is the public transaction on the blockchain that can be used to verify transaction)
5. Receiver (optional): Send the coins received using private transaction to another address of his choice.

So, you can have best of both world with XC.
thanks for the replies, nice to read other opinions & usages for tech like this.
Activity: 364
Hi guys Smiley.

Don't know if this would be interesting in anyway for XCurrency, but thought i would link it anyway.
[ANN] [ATM] TRANSFAIR crowdfund EUROPE TWO-WAY ATMs for 10 ALTCOINS
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-atm-transfair-crowdfund-europe-two-way-atms-for-10-altcoins-694691.

Very cool, I know we already have ATMs coming out for XC but I think the team should take a look at this as well.
Activity: 322
Hello,

Yes, we are only POS now.   3.3% per year.  Stake starts at 8 hour to 30 days.
legendary
Activity: 1455
Merit: 1033
Hello,
With stealth address, you need these steps.  That's the whole point of the initial question of "how do you track and confirm a stealth transaction if the sender don't even know where the coins got sent to".

Step #4 can be shifted to the receiver side if you want.  I guess the option is here for either the sender/receiver to do that anonymizing from the public blockchain, but the steps is not optional for both sides.    

Well, there must be some other way to verify that coins arrived to the stealth address, otherwise it's inconvenient to do so many steps. I think special acknowledgement mechanism could be built into the protocol.

My solution is only based on the current parameters that we have been revealed to so far.   We don't even know how stealth transaction exactly work yet.    Maybe when it's released, there is already a confirmation system in place.   So, these are all just assumptions.   I have faith that Dan and team will deliver us a really great stealth solution.
Activity: 427
With stealth address, you need these steps.  That's the whole point of the initial question of "how do you track and confirm a stealth transaction if the sender don't even know where the coins got sent to".

Step #4 can be shifted to the receiver side if you want.  I guess the option is here for either the sender/receiver to do that anonymizing from the public blockchain, but the steps is not optional for both sides.    

Well, there must be some other way to verify that coins arrived to the stealth address, otherwise it's inconvenient to do so many steps. I think special acknowledgement mechanism could be built into the protocol.
If you MUST track it and still wants it to be anonymous, it's quite straightforward with XC.   You just need to take some additional steps.

3. Sender: Use private transaction to send to another address that sender owns to anonymize his coins
4. Sender: Use those anonymized coins to send to receiver public address.  (This is the public transaction on the blockchain that can be used to verify transaction)
5. Receiver (optional): Send the coins received using private transaction to another address of his choice.

You don't need step #4 if in step #3 you send directly to the generated address. You can still see in the blockchain, I assume, that coins arrived there even though the transaction is private. You just can't track source.

Also #2 is not usually necessary.

Activity: 427
If you MUST track it and still wants it to be anonymous, it's quite straightforward with XC.   You just need to take some additional steps.

4. Sender: Use those anonymized coins to send to receiver public address.  (This is the public transaction on the blockchain that can be used to verify transaction)

You don't need step #4 if in step #3 you send directly to the generated address. You can still see in the blockchain, I assume, that coins arrived there even though the transaction is private. You just can't track source.

Also #2 is not usually necessary.
Activity: 48
Merit: 0
Hi guys Smiley.

Don't know if this would be interesting in anyway for XCurrency, but thought i would link it anyway.
[ANN] [ATM] TRANSFAIR crowdfund EUROPE TWO-WAY ATMs for 10 ALTCOINS
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-atm-transfair-crowdfund-europe-two-way-atms-for-10-altcoins-694691.

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Activity: 978
Activity: 509
Merit: 500
If anyone is interested, i'm selling my domain XCDESK.COM
I was originally going to use it, but found my personal life way to hectic to continue.
If you're interested PM/Let me know. Make me an offer.
Jump to: