Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 671. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
What's the difference security wise between a very strong password, and a very strong password + google auth 2fa?

To get past the strong password you'd basically need a keylogger, and if you have that, then you'd also get the google password?

2fa is not a one time password.  it uses a key that changes roughly every 10 seconds.  so they would have to guess your very very long password and then also they would have to guess at precisely the right time the correct code to enter to bypass the 2fa auth.  

Its like having 2 locks on your front door.  one has a key for the main lock it unlocks it everytime.  the other lock needs a new key every 10 seconds.  every 10 seconds the lock is switched and u are given a new key.  

jsut enable it bro dont be an idiot.

Just googled the google authenticator, and I thought it's just the google account's password you need to type in addition to exchange password, but I thought wrong and apparently it sends the code to a phone instead. I just suspect I'm far more likely to lose/brick my phone than install a keylogger without me knowing, so my funds are actually safer without the 2fa. Smiley

Use Authy, you can have your codes restore if you lose your phone.  
Activity: 434

The latest test release - http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/setup.exe -

Provides additional privacy for your IP address, so when using XChat your ip address isn't revealed.

Dan

Great news, thanks Dan.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
wall at 180sat :/ go away wall

No right now good feed the beast below that Smiley

The people buying MYR now are probably the ones that had their high sell orders filled by proxy.  The hacker is probably a supporter of both MYR and DRK.

It was MYC not MYR

Oops.. corrected.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

Can anyone walk me through the xchat setup?  How do I generate my own address?  I'm in client and am having difficulties setting this up.  Anyone wanna test with me on mainnet?

Nevermind... found the manual in the archives (http://downloads.xc-official.com/testing/archive/XC-EM-TEST.pdf ).... now I will RTFM.
legendary
Activity: 2310
Merit: 1000

The people buying MYR now are probably the ones that had their high sell orders filled by proxy.  The hacker is probably a supporter of both MYR and DRK.

It was MYC not MYR
legendary

When Dan will announce new version tonight it will go away easily Wink
As he stated , this one is only RC of tonights new one Smiley
Activity: 250
The Future Of Work
A customer account on mintpal have been hacked today because he had no 2FA key configurated. 100 btc lost for him.
Don't forget to configure a 2FA key guys Smiley

So happy I moved all my XC off the exchanges and backed up my wallet.dat I can't even imagine losing 100 btc or even the btc/xc I have... especially for something as ridiculous as not setting a 2FA.

Don't they also need his email access to withdraw coins? I can't even imagine loosing even 1 of my precious XCs! They will be really valuable one day! Wait full rest of the world wakes up to it!
he didn't needed the email (probably no acces to it)

he (or she) worked this way:
own account: by a small amount of MYC, put sell order really high (120sat)
hacked account: sell all cloak, buy with btc MYC until 120 sat
own account: freshly new BTC trade for DRK => withdraw DRK
probably traded to dark to bypass "huge amount btc withdraw"-watchdog.

as far I can see... the hacker bought MYC for about 7 BTC (until 10sat)
4 minutes later a buy (from hacked account) until 120 sat

oh fuck, pretty sure I know who got hacked based off that info.

Jesus, 100BTC. When i hear of that i realize that im poor comparing to those folks. Well, a pretty known guy in NXT community lost uh 11M NXT something..

The worst part is this guy even didn`t need access to email address of hacked account as he traded all to his account and could withdraw easily

Yeah but the guy from the hacked account will probably get back some fractions of its loss because some people buy MYC now and hold the price high which I can not understand...if he is cleaver he would sell now. so probably its a spreaded loss for everybody who is involved, except the hacker

Activity: 602
Merit: 255
Activity: 158

Can anyone walk me through the xchat setup?  How do I generate my own address?  I'm in client and am having difficulties setting this up.  Anyone wanna test with me on mainnet?

Activity: 70
Merit: 10
A customer account on mintpal have been hacked today because he had no 2FA key configurated. 100 btc lost for him.

So happy I moved all my XC off the exchanges and backed up my wallet.dat I can't even imagine losing 100 btc or even the btc/xc I have... especially for something as ridiculous as not setting a 2FA.

Don't they also need his email access to withdraw coins? I can't even imagine loosing even 1 of my precious XCs! They will be really valuable one day! Wait full rest of the world wakes up to it!

Jesus, 100BTC. When i hear of that i realize that im poor comparing to those folks. Well, a pretty known guy in NXT community lost uh 11M NXT something..

The worst part is this guy even didn`t need access to email address of hacked account as he traded all to his account and could withdraw easily

Yeah but the guy from the hacked account will probably get back some fractions of its loss because some people buy MYC now and hold the price high which I can not understand...if he is cleaver he would sell now. so probably its a spreaded loss for everybody who is involved, except the hacker
legendary

Activity: 121
Anybody else notice that every milestone or update that XC makes the price goes down? (When you make a product better and add features, it value is supposed to rise). I guess some people have a conflict of interest because if XC goes up they will lose money. It seems to me that someone is doing everything in their power to keep the price of XC suppressed. Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination.

not overreactive imagination, rockstah, we've been dealing with this whale for a while now. I'm just waiting for him to starve ...
Anybody else notice that every milestone or update that XC makes the price goes down? (When you make a product better and add features, it value is supposed to rise). I guess some people have a conflict of interest because if XC goes up they will lose money. It seems to me that someone is doing everything in their power to keep the price of XC suppressed. Or maybe I just have an overactive imagination.

I think that was true for some announcements - where it felt pretty manipulated. Not sure it's true right now though - we seem to be rising pretty steadily at the mo.

That XC dump probably had something to do with that hacked account.   The hacker probably dumped XC from the hacked account to get btc  to pump MYC.   Then got the btc from his MYC pump.
Activity: 137

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

Umm the price is 40% higher than it was a week ago.
Activity: 250
The Future Of Work

legendary

You are not alone ,it is too much noticable but xc has more and more support each time this happens
Activity: 196

I think that was true for some announcements - where it felt pretty manipulated. Not sure it's true right now though - we seem to be rising pretty steadily at the mo.
Activity: 196
I love that this coin is spending all its time on development, and not on promotion.
Gives me more time to build a position without feeling like a pump and dump is right around the corner.

My sentiments exactly. So many coins try to make the big splash at the start get the big pump and inevitable dump and then sink into oblivion. This one is being built for the long term. Actually I was pretty disillusioned with alts in general before I discovered XC.
Jump to: