Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 711. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
For one, how about the fact that no one has cracked XC's anonymity? And people have TRIED HARD.

This is one of the fallacies I see often. Take it from one of the brightest minds you can find on these forums (he is rather harsh here, but he was irritated from having to talk to intellectually challenged  Grin ):

Nobody's gamed it yet

Proof? Evidence?

Anybody can blow any nonsense words out their arse. Cryptographers understand that until you do cryptanalysis, you don't fucking know.

You're correct insofar as XC is not complete and expert consultations and public testing (for a big bounty) have not yet commenced. This, along with our making the code public, will "bulletproof" XC.

But I think what was meant is that anyone who's tested the mixer so far has failed to probably break XC's anonymity.

(Subsequently, XC's got trustless mixing, and further features are being implemented too which compound privacy and security.)

Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
For one, how about the fact that no one has cracked XC's anonymity? And people have TRIED HARD.

This is one of the fallacies I see often. Take it from one of the brightest minds you can find on these forums (he is rather harsh here, but he was irritated from having to talk to intellectually challenged  Grin ):

Nobody's gamed it yet

Proof? Evidence?

Anybody can blow any nonsense words out their arse. Cryptographers understand that until you do cryptanalysis, you don't fucking know.
legendary
Activity: 2002
Merit: 1040
The stars are aligned and all the pieces are falling into place my friends. The next 2 months are going to XC's phoenix moment. I'm excited as hell.  Smiley
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter
I said I love drama, it stirs volume.

12 hours and 1 peer review later, XC price up 10% . I think ill just try swing trading now. Hell, its not like I cry my eyes out at every single XC I lose. Or do I?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
You want a whitepaper?  I'll write you a whitepaper explaining how I'm going to use my ass as an engine to shoot myself to the moon and live to tell about it.

I'd invest in that shit. Pun intended.
Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Sorry, but I agree with this until we have a fucking white paper or something explaining our tech. I'm sick of hearing that XC is way ahead in terms of the tech... HOW DO WE KNOW THIS IS TRUE? WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION OR PROOF?

Start using your heads, my god.

Well, since you can not read c++ code, i can tell you that it is real. I am a developer and a network engineer, XC is real and probably have the most solid base to build upon among all cryptos (except nxt perhaps, but it have existed for 8 months now). Agree with a more solid description though.
legendary
Hoertest, generosity is a virtue, and virtues have long-term and short-term benefits. There's absolutely no need to be less than virtuous, ever.

There is little doubt in my mind that Dan's review will be beneficial to all parties, and mostly to XC.

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. ....

Where is cloak now? It has nothing special really, just a pump and dump related to the hype taking place into the trade...
There is too much centralization there...and cheap fancy developments...

cloaksend? a mere 3-4 hours php script

http://www.cloaksend.com/api/cloaks/CBnkPKapz8U2FKc7EQSeCcSZ3qPD82XpGp/C5qKmSjW1K1CiADtnMHMPBjQWybHQ9S8ce/50.0

onemarket? another centralized king-of-website, integrated into the WALLET...

Anyway, I'm happy for a thing related to cloak right now, which is seeing that mintpal has not lost the trust yet, and there is still volume on the exchange...

I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

one more thing. I'm all for giving value and recieving value type of actions in this crypto community. Tell me where is the value keycoin devs is giving to XC in exchange for Dans time except that one line thank you so far?

Sorry, but I agree with this until we have a fucking white paper or something explaining our tech. I'm sick of hearing that XC is way ahead in terms of the tech... HOW DO WE KNOW THIS IS TRUE? WHERE IS THE DOCUMENTATION OR PROOF?

Wake up angry? Grin

Two, REV1 has been open sourced in good faith to show that there is indeed real development here.  And even though REV1 was excellent, it's still like comparing a Honda Civic to a Pagani Zonda with what we have now.

Three, XChat uses the same multi-path approach as transacting XCurrency, to ensure fast and secure communications.  This is nearing completion to be fully implemented into the app.

If you can't see the positives, sell me your coinnnnsssssss....

Yes, a white paper (by which I mean a proper scholarly presentation of XC's tech) is due for Rev 3. If you look up my post history you'll see why I think it's important not to release one before Rev 3.

For now, we're doing just fine with real live working tech, and multiple explanatory texts like the OP and press releases. ;-)

Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Cryptonator still had XC listed as X11 coin. I emailed them about the name change and they updated within a few hours  Smiley.
Activity: 882
I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

one more thing. I'm all for giving value and recieving value type of actions in this crypto community. Tell me where is the value keycoin devs is giving to XC in exchange for Dans time except that one line thank you so far?

The point is that Dan's review is the value given to XC.

- it establishes Dan's reputation in the community

- it demonstrates his spirit of mutual respect and goodwill

- it further solidifies XC's reputation as a real, legit project

- it gets Key members interested in XC.

Best move ever on Dan's part.

Guess you talked him into it. You are way to invested in this whole mutual generosity Dalai lama of Business thing. I'm all for respect but its to much, and yes i would like to see some more effort from key devs personally.

And after all he has accomplished you consider this his best move ever ? Your priorities are off

I had nothing whatsoever to do with that review. I heard about it when the rest of you did. Dan did it entirely of his own volition. So there goes that theory.

Secondly, though I'm not personally that into the Dalai Lama, if you're using him as an exemplar of ethical conduct then yes, it's damn well correct that we should be ethically exemplary. It's a HUGE competitive advantage.

If you disagree, that's fine with me. I'm not interested in enforcing compliance of belief.

But can you just drop this issue now? You've been simply repeating yourself for a few pages.

ok i stop with it. we don't have to agree on everything. 90 % is fine  Cool

PS. RW-scott u totally misunderstood my post. I'm 100% shure we have the best tech.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Since when did a whitepaper replace actual working software as proof of solid technology?  Whitepaper's were originally used as a marketing piece to promote products, not as scientific proof of working technology.

You want a whitepaper?  I'll write you a whitepaper explaining how I'm going to use my ass as an engine to shoot myself to the moon and live to tell about it.
Activity: 105
Hoertest, generosity is a virtue, and virtues have long-term and short-term benefits. There's absolutely no need to be less than virtuous, ever.

There is little doubt in my mind that Dan's review will be beneficial to all parties, and mostly to XC.

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. ....

Where is cloak now? It has nothing special really, just a pump and dump related to the hype taking place into the trade...

http://www.cloaksend.com/api/cloaks/CBnkPKapz8U2FKc7EQSeCcSZ3qPD82XpGp/C5qKmSjW1K1CiADtnMHMPBjQWybHQ9S8ce/50.0

Anyway, I'm happy for a thing related to cloak right now, which is seeing that mintpal has not lost the trust yet, and there is still volume on the exchange...

Wake up angry? Grin

Two, REV1 has been open sourced in good faith to show that there is indeed real development here.  And even though REV1 was excellent, it's still like comparing a Honda Civic to a Pagani Zonda with what we have now.

Three, XChat uses the same multi-path approach as transacting XCurrency, to ensure fast and secure communications.  This is nearing completion to be fully implemented into the app.

If you can't see the positives, sell me your coinnnnsssssss....

Activity: 518
RE the code review, its a balancing act IMO, there are certainly two sides, do microsoft help IBM, do apple help samsung? Not really, but when there is something in it for both parties, rivals co operate.. I guess what we at XC have to be clear on is, what are we looking to get out of these agreements, if its not want we are looking for then we should not do it, if it is, then we should....

I bow to the teams judgement on this and have to assume this is a mutually beneficial agreement.

Microsoft doesn't help IBM, but you are talking about an established industry that's fully embedded into society's daily lives. There's no longer a need for the computer and software industry to prove themselves to the public.   Crypto is still a complete mystery to the public and most that have heard of crypto consider it untrustworthy.  The value in Dan establishing himself as a trusted figure makes XC stand out from the crowd of crap coins.

Hell, I don't even check the price of XC or this thread that much anymore.  XC is by far my biggest holding and it sits in my wallet with full confidence. It's my new Bitcoin.  I have so much confidence I don't feel the need to check news on XC or the price. I seriously have no idea what the price is right now.  Cheesy

Must admit, im getting much less into the habit of being bothered by it, I do think we are going in the right direction and I do trust the team.. I also think we are improving all the time and learning where we may have mis stepped in the past..

All in all its looking very positive.... AND its great to see all these new faces .... As per above ... Welcome.
legendary

Guess you talked him into it. You are way to invested in this whole mutual generosity Dalai lama of Business thing. I'm all for respect but its to much, and yes i would like to see some more effort from key devs personally.

And after all he has accomplished you consider this his best move ever ? Your priorities are off

I had nothing whatsoever to do with that review. I heard about it when the rest of you did. Dan did it entirely of his own volition. So there goes that theory.

Secondly, though I'm not personally that into the Dalai Lama, if you're using him as an exemplar of ethical conduct then yes, it's damn well correct that we should be ethically exemplary. It's a HUGE competitive advantage.

If you disagree, that's fine with me. I'm not interested in enforcing compliance of belief.

But can you just drop this issue now? You've been simply repeating yourself for a few pages.

Activity: 105

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. i don't want to bash other coins. but helping out left and right while the own project is not yet in the possition to do such things is a mistake too.
If the REV3 campaign would be already on the road and Dan would have some sparetime I would be fine with such reviews . but now?
Only one liners and short updates from him for weeks in here and then he has the time for that write up and checking the code. This was a ego thing, you can tell me what you want about the philanthropic intentions.

Think what you will.. but don't think that I'm not spending 8+ hours per day working on XCurrency, We are currently on RC4 EM testing, just finished a new build a few minutes ago, not to mention the other development activities happening and getting prepared for the xc-tor-stick release

I recently discovered XC since your opinion about Key
I thought XC was a scam, because i read a lot of Fud posts and i change my mind now
Your name seems know and respected by the community
I will focus more and i think invest

Welcome sir!

Let us know if we can help you in any way, we have a good community here.

Activity: 308

Activity: 644
RE the code review, its a balancing act IMO, there are certainly two sides, do microsoft help IBM, do apple help samsung? Not really, but when there is something in it for both parties, rivals co operate.. I guess what we at XC have to be clear on is, what are we looking to get out of these agreements, if its not want we are looking for then we should not do it, if it is, then we should....

I bow to the teams judgement on this and have to assume this is a mutually beneficial agreement.

Microsoft doesn't help IBM, but you are talking about an established industry that's fully embedded into society's daily lives. There's no longer a need for the computer and software industry to prove themselves to the public.   Crypto is still a complete mystery to the public and most that have heard of crypto consider it untrustworthy.  The value in Dan establishing himself as a trusted figure makes XC stand out from the crowd of crap coins.

Hell, I don't even check the price of XC or this thread that much anymore.  XC is by far my biggest holding and it sits in my wallet with full confidence. It's my new Bitcoin.  I have so much confidence I don't feel the need to check news on XC or the price. I seriously have no idea what the price is right now.  Cheesy
Activity: 126

You showed public interest in cloak some days ago. look where cloak is now and how beneficial it was to us. i don't want to bash other coins. but helping out left and right while the own project is not yet in the possition to do such things is a mistake too.
If the REV3 campaign would be already on the road and Dan would have some sparetime I would be fine with such reviews . but now?
Only one liners and short updates from him for weeks in here and then he has the time for that write up and checking the code. This was a ego thing, you can tell me what you want about the philanthropic intentions.

Think what you will.. but don't think that I'm not spending 8+ hours per day working on XCurrency, We are currently on RC4 EM testing, just finished a new build a few minutes ago, not to mention the other development activities happening and getting prepared for the xc-tor-stick release

I recently discovered XC since your opinion about Key
I thought XC was a scam, because i read a lot of Fud posts and i change my mind now
Your name seems know and respected by the community
I will focus more and i think invest

We have the most awesome dev around! Commited as hell and personally i don't care if he writes 10 post a day or 3-5 a week as long as the information about affairs is supplied
Activity: 162
Friendly reminder :

Please don't hate on other coins in this thread. Other coins have a similar devoted community like us here at XC. Attacking the fundamentals of other coins is unprofessional. Also, remember that fud sticks to whoever posts it. We pride ourselves in being cool headed and courteous, whenever another coin gains some market recognition, congratulate them and focus on our own task. Remember that on a strategic level all coins that have legitimate development are an attempt to be free from the oppressive banking system and or privacy infringement. We are all pioneers albeit with different stakes or claims, battles should be fought against our shared adversary, not among ourselves.

Regardless if you support DRK, CLOAK or XC we are all crypto brothers.

+1
Activity: 518

Activity: 270
I know that its all hot air atm. good luck to anyone trying to ride the pump. i don't have the balls anymore  Grin.

Agree fully.
Jump to: