Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 718. (Read 1484192 times)

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
As co-founder of XC Italia and XC investor, I'm officially willing to set up a bounty of 350 XC for a working XC paper wallet generator approved by Dan, synechist and the XC team. I will immediately pm synechist, get coding Wink

WOW! You legend!  Cheesy
Activity: 882
Merit: 1000
Thanks for the kind messages everyone. I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday, it's nothing serious, just some terrible stomach flu but everything is fine now.

Concerning the thread title: I will talk to Arlyn and Rob to see what we can come up with. If you have good ideas, send me a pm or reply to this post.

Hi good to hear you are getting better. stomach flu is a bitch Smiley

this is my proposal:

[ANN][XCurrency] Decentralised trustless Privacy / Encrypted XChat / Scalable Platform
Activity: 433
Crypto Angel
As co-founder of XC Italia and XC investor, I'm officially willing to set up a bounty of 350 XC for a working XC paper wallet generator approved by Dan, synechist and the XC team. I will immediately pm synechist, get coding Wink
Thanks for the kind messages everyone. I'm feeling a lot better than yesterday, it's nothing serious, just some terrible stomach flu but everything is fine now.

Concerning the thread title: I will talk to Arlyn and Rob to see what we can come up with. If you have good ideas, send me a pm or reply to this post.

Glad to hear mate ;-)

***The XC Daily Update***

Hello all

Today,
- Dan and Christian are working on... undisclosed tech

- Rob and I have been discussing media strategy for said undisclosed tech

- And you should retweet, like/share, and generally spread the following:

"Imagine instant messages did not disclose your IP, used no-one's servers, and left no trace on your computer. #XC #XChat #privacy #byebyeNSA"

Cheers pal!  Wish u could give eta, I'm getting excited,  but understand you can't. 

What do you think about the paper Wallet conversation? Team got it planned?  Would you like someone from the community to do it if they can?

I like the idea. Anything that makes XC more concrete and physical is great.

By all means, community members are welcome to go for it.

If anyone makes a paper wallet generator, it's probably best to contact me or Dan afterwards. We could check the code, get a great UI designed, etc.

Excellent!  I don't have many XC but will chip in a few if someone can do this.  I have read the couple of previous comments on how it can be done already,  but a nice simple UI,  and checked code version would be great. I'm gonna start giving these as standard bday/xmas gifts. Got high hopes that people will really appreciate these in a year or so :-)
Activity: 840

Activity: 322

Hello all

Today,

"Imagine instant messages did not disclose your IP, used no-one's servers, and left no trace on your computer. #XC #XChat #privacy #byebyeNSA"

Cheers pal!  Wish u could give eta, I'm getting excited,  but understand you can't. 

What do you think about the paper Wallet conversation? Team got it planned?  Would you like someone from the community to do it if they can?

If anyone makes a paper wallet generator, it's probably best to contact me or Dan afterwards. We could check the code, get a great UI designed, etc.

It has already been done. Just need a few edits on https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org and customise for XC.

Think you meant this:  http://cryptolife.net/upwg/

The github one is for Bitcoin address only.   This one you just need to set the decimal version to 75.

The only issue I found so far is that in order to view wallet details of a private key, you must use a BIP38 encrypted private key, or else it will say it's not a valid private key.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Hello all

Today,

It has already been done. Just need a few edits on https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org and customise for XC.
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hello all

Today,

Activity: 308

Hello all

Today,

I can't take this suspense any longer....  
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter

Hello all

Today,

such words in a random alt topic lit the FUD fire, they might be ridiculed.

In XC topic, you know you just have to buy- THE END. So 2 programmers working on tech, and 2 PR campaign strategists are getting rdy for it. And it is undisclosed, a bonus to what has already been announced and planned. OMG, going to retweet and update the greek OP.

Hello all

Today,

legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Hello all

Today,

Calm before the storm, its been almost a month since REV 2.. I think we are all just waiting now to see "whats next" in an official sense.... I can't wait but trying to just be patient...

Hey, at least it's not like other scam coins where you have to wonder every night before you go to sleep if it will even be worth 1 satoshi when you wake up.   You just know that in the long run, XC will be way beyond anything it is today.  Just wish time can pass faster so we can see the end result already.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
Calm before the storm, its been almost a month since REV 2.. I think we are all just waiting now to see "whats next" in an official sense.... I can't wait but trying to just be patient...
Activity: 162
Is there an XC equivalent of https://www.bitaddress.org ??

I want to print off a few XC paper wallets and give them as gifts.

cheers.
That would be cool. How many coins can we do this with?

I suggested that 400+ pages back Wink You can build it yourself or find someone that can Cheesy and yeah it would not take more then 1 day of coding (but I can't)

But as always, it's safe to assume the team has this all planned out for launch

Someone interested in making this https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org --->  https://liteaddress.org/ work with Xcurrency? Would be a great way to get wallets out to people without having them to registered @ exchange or download wallet. I suspect there to be people out in this community with to proper skills. Please Cheesy

Check out the thread here about a universal paper wallet generator.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cryptolife-upwg-universal-paper-wallet-generator-386670

Not sure how well it works or how secure it is.  I found it when doing a Google search. Smiley

This WORKS!    I used 75 for the decimal version.   Now, I can have BIP38 encrypted paper wallet for XC!!  Totally awesome!

When you need to import the key, just use importprivkey from Help->Debug Console to import the private key.

Also note: You have to close and reopen the wallet to see the imported address.

Of course you probably want to only use this for gifting since you will be missing out on staking if you store it completely cold.

Great news. It will probably be more user friendly if someone can clone https://github.com/pointbiz/bitaddress.org and make edits for XC and include our logo. This could then be hosted on our main website.
Is there an XC equivalent of https://www.bitaddress.org ??

I want to print off a few XC paper wallets and give them as gifts.

cheers.
That would be cool. How many coins can we do this with?

I suggested that 400+ pages back Wink You can build it yourself or find someone that can Cheesy and yeah it would not take more then 1 day of coding (but I can't)

But as always, it's safe to assume the team has this all planned out for launch

Someone interested in making this https://github.com/litecoin-project/liteaddress.org --->  https://liteaddress.org/ work with Xcurrency? Would be a great way to get wallets out to people without having them to registered @ exchange or download wallet. I suspect there to be people out in this community with to proper skills. Please Cheesy

Check out the thread here about a universal paper wallet generator.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/ann-cryptolife-upwg-universal-paper-wallet-generator-386670

Not sure how well it works or how secure it is.  I found it when doing a Google search. Smiley

This WORKS!    I used 75 for the decimal version.   Now, I can have BIP38 encrypted paper wallet for XC!!  Totally awesome!

When you need to import the key, just use importprivkey from Help->Debug Console to import the private key.

Also note: You have to close and reopen the wallet to see the imported address.

Of course you probably want to only use this for gifting since you will be missing out on staking if you store it completely cold.
Activity: 141
Activity: 126

Im sure this is far from a priority for the team, but I would be buying more XC now if I could put them on paper wallets and give them as gifts. The people I would be giving them to would be mostly non technical people like my parents, who wouldn't have a clue about downloading a wallet etc (until the much more user friendly version is released or the mobile app anyway)

This is why I wanted it initially. Started to just help them in buying it for them self (from fiat -> btc -> XCurrency). But still it would help a lot to spread the coins (and a opportunity to start discussing crypto) . If the team just said something like "yes, this is in the works" or "No, great idea but we are kinda busy. Could the Community take on this task and bring it to us once it is completed". I'm always happy to organize and bring people together for small projects Cheesy
man, its quiet around here lately...
Jump to: