Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 76. (Read 1484185 times)

Activity: 616
Merit: 500
"No more than 20% of the available tokens (2,000,000) will be purchasable using altcoins. The remaining 80% will
be purchasable using BTC on Bittrex, Bter, and Poloniex."

why only 20% can be purchased using altcoins?

Because holding more than 20% of a high-risk asset can threaten the viability of a project.

It's important to ensure that the Blocknet has the funding to succeed. Imagine investors' money didn't go the distance?

Ya, it would be foolish to hold only altcoins that, generally, have terrible liquidity.  Selling to fund development would crash the price.  I think the 80/20 split is a wise compromise.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
"No more than 20% of the available tokens (2,000,000) will be purchasable using altcoins. The remaining 80% will

Because holding more than 20% of a high-risk asset can threaten the viability of a project.

It's important to ensure that the Blocknet has the funding to succeed. Imagine investors' money didn't go the distance?
If you have time, can you explain, or give an example of how this will work:

"Token supply per coin will initially be allocated based on market cap, and adjusted manually if demand necessitates
it."

Is XCurrency no longer planning it's own decentralized exchange as was once reflected on the timeline?  

Is XCurrency no longer planning cloud storage as reflected on the timeline?  

Where've you been Battbot? This has all been discussed in detail here.

Yes we are still planning cloud storage.

Regarding the exchange, can someone please haul out my response to Cryptico? I'm on a bus.

I haven't read the forums that much lately.  Haha, my apologies if they have already been discussed.  
legendary

Is XCurrency no longer planning it's own decentralized exchange as was once reflected on the timeline? 

Where've you been Battbot? This has all been discussed in detail here.

Yes we are still planning cloud storage.

Regarding the exchange, can someone please haul out my response to Cryptico? I'm on a bus.
Activity: 154
Merit: 100
Reading that PDF makes BlockNET & it's project schedule sound like the creation of a new digital currency, to be honest.  It sounds like BlockNET aims to accomplish in large part what XCurrency always aimed to accomplish.  

In light of this -- how will BlockNET conflict with XCurrency & XC Inc?  

It sounds like a typical tech project's development plan.

I don't get how any of this makes it look like its function overlaps with XC's. I mean, we've been over all this in immense detail already.

What could possibly be new here? Nothing.

Because I see all these items on the BlockNET now.  I see value that was planned to be implemented into XC now being transferred over to the BlockNET.  

Why come here and spread your baseless claims?

If you can't see that the development team is basically moving all their focus into BlockNET and fail to understand how that effects XC then I don't know what to tell you.  Development time will follow the money.  The money will be in the BlockNET

I've heard assertations that development will not slow down for XC.  However I've heard no practical reasons on how Dan dividing his time between XC which is already behind and a new "build the web of blockchains" project will not slow down his current development project.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250

Reading that PDF makes BlockNET & it's project schedule sound like the creation of a new digital currency, to be honest.  It sounds like BlockNET aims to accomplish in large part what XCurrency always aimed to accomplish.  

I don't get how any of this makes it look like its function overlaps with XC's. I mean, we've been over all this in immense detail already.

Because I see all these items on the BlockNET now.  
Activity: 656
Don't Trust Words
Bought some XC!

Let's enjoy the show  Grin
Activity: 196
i guessed you missed the part where development has already begun for the Blocknet

Dude.  It's easy to create a 'hello world' program in your target language and say "development has begun".  I'm just fishing for substance which is incredibly lacking in these PR releases 

wait I'm confused, you replied to a post about the ongoing development of XC claiming the blocknet would slow down the coins development. I said you probably are not even an XC investor (based on your post history and fudding all of the other XC related topics) so why are you even here talking about it? If you want PR info on blocknet, go to the respected thread where it is discussed. Why come here and spread your baseless claims? Why do you care about XC and its on going development?
legendary

No more than 20% of the available tokens (2,000,000) will be purchasable using altcoins. The remaining 80% will be purchasable using BTC on Bittrex, Bter, and Poloniex.

Because I see all these items on the BlockNET now.
i guessed you missed the part where development has already begun for the Blocknet

Dude.  It's easy to create a 'hello world' program in your target language and say "development has begun".  I'm just fishing for substance which is incredibly lacking in these PR releases 
Nope. Incorrect.

Now stop fudding and leave please.

I read thru the paper you posted.  I still don't see resources who will be developing blocknet.  Can you state who will be doing the lions share of the work on the blocknet?
Activity: 196
XC's website is in the process of being updated, actually a major over-haul and that doesn't happen over night.  It takes time to do it right and have it align with XC's future roadmap.

Development on XC hasn't stopped nor is it stopping, we are CURRENTLY working on the updated UI for the desktop app, and adding in stealth address support.

Dan

Not trying to offend anyone.  But in light of the ambitious Blocknet project that needs to be worth a million bucks for investors to break even - I think the probability of "not slowing down" actually being true is 0.

i guessed you missed the part where development has already begun for the Blocknet and its been going for sometime now... and anyone who frequents the XC thread regularly will be able to tell you that they are still releasing new tech, fixes, updates, news etc. People start to panick when communities go silent, devs become ghosts and no updates have been made in weeks. This is far from XC's case and if Dan continues to publish a few new updates each week, no one will really care. I doubt you are even an investor for XC so why do you even care about this?
legendary
legendary
XC's website is in the process of being updated, actually a major over-haul and that doesn't happen over night.  It takes time to do it right and have it align with XC's future roadmap.

Development on XC hasn't stopped nor is it stopping, we are CURRENTLY working on the updated UI for the desktop app, and adding in stealth address support.

Dan

Not trying to offend anyone.  But in light of the ambitious Blocknet project that needs to be worth a million bucks for investors to break even - I think the probability of "not slowing down" actually being true is 0.

Nope. Incorrect.

Now stop fudding and leave please.
Activity: 214
Umm... Dan yesterday fixed issue with Mac wallet and today released a test of the android app. What more do you want?

They still can't even update the horrible XC website.  Meanwhile they've moved on to dumping money / resources overnight into blocknet website.

Expect development on XC now that it isn't the dev cashcow (pre-mine is gone) to come to a standstill.

XC website - http://xc-official.com/

Blocknet website - http://theblocknet.com/

XC's website is in the process of being updated, actually a major over-haul and that doesn't happen over night.  It takes time to do it right and have it align with XC's future roadmap.

Dan

Nice update Dan thanks.
Activity: 39
Merit: 0
Umm... Dan yesterday fixed issue with Mac wallet and today released a test of the android app. What more do you want?

They still can't even update the horrible XC website.  Meanwhile they've moved on to dumping money / resources overnight into blocknet website.

Expect development on XC now that it isn't the dev cashcow (pre-mine is gone) to come to a standstill.

XC website - http://xc-official.com/

Blocknet website - http://theblocknet.com/

Dan

+1

People following the development of the XC project even casually should be aware of these facts.
Pages:
Jump to: