Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 80. (Read 1484185 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
I believe now, especially coupled with FinCen's latest ruling, that Blocknet's nature puts it ahead of other public offering styled events. It being fully decentralized (not having any set of core coins, which I admit I argued against before the FinCen ruling ), and lack of trust on one single team(It's composed of a large set of different decentralized coins), makes it an even better contender than Supenet was.

Every coin in SuperNET is a 'core' coin. There's no practical difference in this regard between the two systems.

BTCD?

TL;DR BTCD is technically equivalent to every other coin, but since all the developers from BTCD+jl777 are currently working on making the first reference implementation of SuperNET part of BTCD it makes it seem like it's exclusive to BTCD. When in fact the situation is almost perfectly analogous to how XC and atcsecure are providing Xbridge and Xmixers to Blocknet. So BTCD and XC are 'special' in the sense that they provide critical technology, but are not 'above' any other coin in their respective networks. Same goes for NXT and NHZ, both will be provided the asset exchange tech for SuperNET and Blocknet.

From my post earlier in this thread:

I got a little bit more information regarding the first two points we were discussing yesterday:

Quote from: jl777
every SuperNET node becomes one via libjl777, I made a reference implementation of a SuperNET node:

jl777 [03:33]
//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//  Created by jl777 on 8/13/14.
//  Copyright (c) 2014 jl777. MIT License.
//

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

jl777 [03:35]
The SuperNET_start call and the broadcast/narrowcast are how it is integrated into a coin

BTCD has done this already

also every SuperNET node is a "server" and a private node, both

The issue here is that jl777 and the other BTCD devs have all been working on implementing libjl777 which I think is analogous to Xbridge in this case and BTCD is just the first reference implementation. But the idea behind libjl777 is that it's supposed to be implemented in to every coin in superNET. Right now that's BBR, VRC, BITS, NXT, BTCD (all equal memebers but providing different technology or assets). Each developer of coins in superNET will eventually add libjl777, but for now the attention is focused on getting it in to BTCD first. Crypto_Zoidberg the lead dev for BBR only just started talking with jl777 about integration last week, so it's probably going to be a little while. But every coin is supposed to be equal, even though it may seem like BTCD is special, it's only really special in the sense that it has a bunch of people working full time and testing at the moment making it the first implementation of superNET. And of course in the same way that XC is meant to provide its mixers BTCD provides teleport. But BTCD isn't a necessary condition for someone to use superNET. The majority of people might end up using BTCD as their 'gateway' to superNET in a similar way that XC people would presumably hope that people will be using XC as a their coin of choice when using Blocknet.

Also, from what I can understand everyone person running superNET is equal and node and there's no particular server(other than each node being a "server" in the p2p sense) so I unless I'm missing something I would expect that to qualify as true p2p considering there are no central servers.

Personally, I don't think you need to justify Blocknet anyway based on those contrasting points you were using. A good idea is a good idea. And a new implementation of the same concept with a different network of coins should be sufficient in my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying Smiley

Morning all

Hmm... point broadly accepted, but:

- Dan is not providing Xmixer tech to the Blocknet. That's an XC feature only.

- There are no plans for development of the XBridge to run on XC first. It's not an analogous situation to BTCD.

There is no "internet of blockchains" if one coin has superordinate status over another. This would be like one website having superordinate status over others.
It's great to hear that BTCD's position is temporary BTW.
On the other hand, the SuperNET runs on NXT's blockchain and as far as I know that can't change. This could be a problem.
Activity: 163
Merit: 100
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

What is LTE?

It's 4G for mobile phones.

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this Arlyn.

Is this the beginning of the development of the Tech that will allow users to connect to to the internet using XC app via phone trough LTE? How it will get access to LTE withouth a sim card? is XC app communicating directly with LTE radio signals withouth the use of a SIM card in the future?, hence it will create a network based on the hardware with XC...hmmm yes I need more explanations about this please

If it's what I think it is, it's gonna be based on LTE Direct
http://www.telecomstechnews.com/news/2014/sep/30/lte-direct-mesh-networks-are-future-connectivity/

According to this whitepaper, it's gonna use a licensed band on LTE and providers will charge a fee for using it.
https://www.qualcomm.com/system/files/document/files/Research_LTE-D_White_Paper.pdf
So, yes it's device 2 device (d2d), but it's still depending on a subscription from your provider.

It's like when we just discovered (if your old enough) using text messages. A whole new level of applications will become available with this.

Dan, can you confirm your anticipating on this technology?

Front row seats people! Front row!!
Activity: 178
I believe now, especially coupled with FinCen's latest ruling, that Blocknet's nature puts it ahead of other public offering styled events. It being fully decentralized (not having any set of core coins, which I admit I argued against before the FinCen ruling ), and lack of trust on one single team(It's composed of a large set of different decentralized coins), makes it an even better contender than Supenet was.

Every coin in SuperNET is a 'core' coin. There's no practical difference in this regard between the two systems.

BTCD?

TL;DR BTCD is technically equivalent to every other coin, but since all the developers from BTCD+jl777 are currently working on making the first reference implementation of SuperNET part of BTCD it makes it seem like it's exclusive to BTCD. When in fact the situation is almost perfectly analogous to how XC and atcsecure are providing Xbridge and Xmixers to Blocknet. So BTCD and XC are 'special' in the sense that they provide critical technology, but are not 'above' any other coin in their respective networks. Same goes for NXT and NHZ, both will be provided the asset exchange tech for SuperNET and Blocknet.

I got a little bit more information regarding the first two points we were discussing yesterday:

every SuperNET node becomes one via libjl777, I made a reference implementation of a SuperNET node:

//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

The SuperNET_start call and the broadcast/narrowcast are how it is integrated into a coin

The issue here is that jl777 and the other BTCD devs have all been working on implementing libjl777 which I think is analogous to Xbridge in this case and BTCD is just the first reference implementation. But the idea behind libjl777 is that it's supposed to be implemented in to every coin in superNET. Right now that's BBR, VRC, BITS, NXT, BTCD (all equal memebers but providing different technology or assets). Each developer of coins in superNET will eventually add libjl777, but for now the attention is focused on getting it in to BTCD first. Crypto_Zoidberg the lead dev for BBR only just started talking with jl777 about integration last week, so it's probably going to be a little while. But every coin is supposed to be equal, even though it may seem like BTCD is special, it's only really special in the sense that it has a bunch of people working full time and testing at the moment making it the first implementation of superNET. And of course in the same way that XC is meant to provide its mixers BTCD provides teleport. But BTCD isn't a necessary condition for someone to use superNET. The majority of people might end up using BTCD as their 'gateway' to superNET in a similar way that XC people would presumably hope that people will be using XC as a their coin of choice when using Blocknet.

Also, from what I can understand everyone person running superNET is equal and node and there's no particular server(other than each node being a "server" in the p2p sense) so I unless I'm missing something I would expect that to qualify as true p2p considering there are no central servers.

Personally, I don't think you need to justify Blocknet anyway based on those contrasting points you were using. A good idea is a good idea. And a new implementation of the same concept with a different network of coins should be sufficient in my opinion.

Thanks for clarifying Smiley
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
less than 26hours till blocknet if i correct understand EST time Smiley one question, will we see how much tokens are already sold on every exchange?
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha

BTCD?

//
//  main.c
//  libtest
//
//

#include
#include
#include
#include
#include "SuperNET.h"

...code...

Activity: 392
Got some good news and some bad news today.

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

Bad news is, it charged me!

Anyone have any info on this?

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX

I'm on v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2.

Apparently it was "remixed" without cause.
have you pm'd Dan (atcsecure) about this?
Activity: 178

BTCD?
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

What is LTE?

It's 4G for mobile phones.

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.

Can you elaborate a bit more on this Arlyn.

Is this the beginning of the development of the Tech that will allow users to connect to to the internet using XC app via phone trough LTE? How it will get access to LTE withouth a sim card? is XC app communicating directly with LTE radio signals withouth the use of a SIM card in the future?, hence it will create a network based on the hardware with XC...hmmm yes I need more explanations about this please
legendary
Activity: 826
amarha

Activity: 364
wow 46k coin buy order....that would easily bring the price back up to 100k+ without a doubt.

And that just proves how little these trolls actually know when they come in here and FUD about our dropping price.

XC's price my look a little pitiful right now, but its still only 6-7 months old. Imagine how far we will be in another 6 months or even 1 year.

why the huge buy order at 70 are asked at bter where volume is 0,1 btc? why not on exchange with bigger volume (like bittrex) ? and why do you think that this buy order will bring us to 100 again easily?
Activity: 252
I hope the price goes back up slowly. The Altcoin market is difficult to predict in recent weeks and a few coins can implement good news in a strong growth.
Only 1 day until Blocknet ITO and the most Blocknet Coins have fallen in prize since the announcement.
Activity: 322

With the FinCen ruling, all future major trades will be using anon coins on decentralized exchange for sure.    Oh... how convenient that XC is anon AND will have a decentralized exchange... profit!
Activity: 341
legendary
Activity: 1190
Huge buy order at 70k on Bter, if some of you need liquidity in BTC.

Dang, 32 btc buy at 70k...
What exchange?
Activity: 182

25 btc volume on trex.
Should be an interesting week.
Don't forget to read up on the details of the upcoming blocknet ITO here: https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.9269803

Well, the recent FinCen ruling is definitely gonna create a huge boost in demand for anon coins(like XC).
Activity: 616
Merit: 500

Activity: 196
wow 46k coin buy order....that would easily bring the price back up to 100k+ without a doubt.

And that just proves how little these trolls actually know when they come in here and FUD about our dropping price.

XC's price my look a little pitiful right now, but its still only 6-7 months old. Imagine how far we will be in another 6 months or even 1 year.
Activity: 266
Help and Love one another ♥

edit:
In case an XC whale is interested to become an XCP one (for Overstock/Medici/Stock trading), pm me.
Pages:
Jump to: