Pages:
Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 81. (Read 1484185 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 100

Good to see Dan back. Hope you're feeling better. Now get to coding. Just joking.
If anyone deserves a break, it's you.
Good luck with the upcoming ITO.
-spooky
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
Bah...

Burning Man for me means leaving the phone in the car the whole week...
Yeah..I don't think i'd actually use it there...but the possibilities are big.
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
Just thought I'd throw this out there:

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

If only people realize how big this is... think Firechat, but 10x better... because it doesn't use bluetooth which is limited to 30-100 feet.   LTE is many times greater distance than that.    Imagine even if you don't have internet and you can still chat with people in the forest using LTE radio built into your phone....
Hope its ready for burning man next year Smiley

Bah...

Burning Man for me means leaving the phone in the car the whole week...
legendary

Overheard on IRC: ATCSECURE: "there is a new LTE update coming which XC will be leveraging for ad-hoc [physical] mesh networking via direct p2p."

If only people realize how big this is... think Firechat, but 10x better... because it doesn't use bluetooth which is limited to 30-100 feet.   LTE is many times greater distance than that.    Imagine even if you don't have internet and you can still chat with people in the forest using LTE radio built into your phone....
Hope its ready for burning man next year Smiley
Activity: 39
Merit: 0

What is LTE?

It's 4G for mobile phones.

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.

This was part of a chat I was having with Dan about the long term macro scale implications of the pure decentralized, secure p2p mesh network that the XC platform would offer. Dan is clearly up to speed on emerging mobile technologies that are bringing closer a certain 'utopia' state of a secure, decentralized, p2p mesh network based on future mobile device LTE technology.
Consider the emerging role tech is playing in major world events (twitter reports etc); consider the recent unrest in Hong Kong, with the centralized cell networks in full control of the powers that be, essentially in full control of all citizen communication.  Imagine those thousands of people gathered and able to communicate freely and securely, using an ad-hoc mobile device LTE based mesh network.
Anyone expecting Dan to code this overnight is insane, but the fact that the devs are clued up and forward thinking gives confidence.
legendary
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

Yes, it will be a massive development.

It's one thing to have an ad hoc virtual mesh network (which XC has already).

It's another thing entirely for the physical hardware of a network to form a mesh. This restructures some pretty long-standing power relations.

Activity: 322

legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001
This weeks XC dump is surely one of the most illogical market movements I've seen in crypto for a while.

The good news is, cheaper prices brings in new investors.

Holding this coin is a no brainer for me. The only thing I am concerned about is BTC. I see it going sub 300 before christmas. But I honestly think XC is long overdue an epic breakout to correct it's price to it's true market value so I am holding steady.
legendary

What is LTE?

It's 4G for mobile phones.

P.S. Physical mesh networks are not in XC's mid-term future. We're not currently coding it.
Activity: 378

What is LTE?
Activity: 11
Got some good news and some bad news today.

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

Bad news is, it charged me!

Anyone have any info on this?

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX

I'm on v0.9.2.49.08.XCurrency-REV2.

Apparently it was "remixed" without cause.
legendary

Activity: 392

Good news is I had my first successful mix, so I guess I had it setup correctly after all.

It was an old bug... I thought it was fixed...
send pm to ATCsecure with the TX
Activity: 56

What client/version you have?
Those issues were fixed long time ago.

EDIT: Change Log

v.24h_rc2

* enabled enter key for sending
* adjustment for offline msgs, watch/report bug for duplicate messages

v2.47h

* Added Notification (taskbar & app)
* Adjusted from address-field auto-fill
* XChat now works with unlocked for staking only

v2.49_Rc1/v2.49c_RC1

* Includes fee for dynamic autonodes [still in beta]
* Faster transaction times

v2.49_RC5 [alpha build-internal testing only]

* Protocol update for fee enforcement
* Support multi-input's

v2.49_RC6

* Fix for fee
* Updated UI for XMixer's

v2.49_RC7

* Bug fix for fee payment
* Decreased Transaction Processing time to 30seconds
* Decreased Transaction timeout to 15 seconds

v2.49.01

* Disabled AUTO automixer to automixer tumbling

v2.49.02

* Protocol bug fix

v2.49.03

* Desktop Icon updated - when using installers
* Protocol bug fix

v2.49.06

* Protocol Change, xmixer update required

v2.49.07

* Updated XMIxer code/Transaction input handler changed

v2.49.08

* Group Chat for XChat

v2.49.08b

* Label Update
* XChat protocol updates

v2.49.08c

* XChat fixes

v2.49.08d

* XChat fixes

v2.49.08e

* additional fixe's
* protocol update

v2.49.0f - Internal test release

v2.49.0g

* Updated XChat UI to support user selectable "From" key
* Additional updates for Group Chat

v2.49.08i

* Leave XChat

v2.49.08j

* Adjustments for xchat
Activity: 11

Activity: 252
Those in irc just witnessed Dan slay a Mac client bug.  All hail Dan.   Smiley

Thanks for sharing for those that weren't there!  Hearing things like this make me happy, just bought another 1,000. Wink
Activity: 56

+1 Wink
legendary
Activity: 1960
Activity: 462

Correct.  How would you like me to proceed?

PM sent
And the thread is quiet again. Someone need me to explain why .......

Bye

We are all in IRC #xcofficial
legendary
Activity: 1960

Correct.  How would you like me to proceed?

PM sent
And the thread is quiet again. Someone need me to explain why .......

Bye

There's a bit of activity on #XCofficial irc.  Join us if you'd like.  Smiley

https://webchat.freenode.net
Pages:
Jump to: