Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 808. (Read 1484192 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market

I guess people rather just have a half assed job done and call it "rev 2" just to say it is so... then we can go and fork a thousand times with promises to "get it right next time".

Well, if this was what happens with Dan's work then it would be a concern. But it's not. :-)
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
BTW, This coin is EASY to hide coins . Im one of the originals who hold a rather large amount myself, only a few specific people know my sums, yet I am sure no one can figure out how much I have. Before anyone asks, no I am not listed on the "rich list" because I dont want it so.  I made sure not to have that part of my info pulbic, because I dont need idiots following every coin movement when I might transfer to stake one batch in another wallet, freaking out people seeing movement.
Activity: 119
Merit: 10
Yes you are right.

But you guys forget, the same trick I can easily make with BTC. There are many mixers too.

So this kind of anonymity is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?

Hiding your addresses? No, you can't perform the same trick with BTC because ONLY XC has trustless mixing.

Sorry, while XC sources remain closed, I need to trust in Dan (XC's dev) I never ever seen in real life nor been a friend of.

So neither BTC nor XC has trustless mixing today (and possibly many months or years if ever).
Activity: 616
Merit: 500
May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

+1000

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one

Any update on this Guys?

I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature

Somethings are ahead of schedule (EM, Website, branding, etc) and other items need additional improvement (private transactions) for usability

Thanks,

Dan

So we still won't have a completed REV2?

I've said this a couple of times, but the expectation that Rev 2 would be completed on 7/7/14 rather than first implemented by that date does not make sense in terms of software development.

We release a brand new feature, get feedback, release improvements, test, implement a new feature.

The only time we plan to release something "finished" is for the official public launch.

Before then (and after), expect a "rev" to be a revision, just a milestone along a path.

Right... this is no different from DRK, for example, who are similarly releasing RC.X beta updates.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
May just be me but I would like to see the updated roadmap, with the milestones that are met and the ones that are coming up as I don't feel 100% clear what has been delivered and where, ie testnet, mainnet etc etc..

And then also just a view as to what features / area is being worked on at the moment...

+1000

Its on the way, Arlyn is working on updated info op like he did with the current one

Any update on this Guys?

I will be releasing an updated roadmap this weekend and also an updated wallet with improvements to the private transactions feature

Somethings are ahead of schedule (EM, Website, branding, etc) and other items need additional improvement (private transactions) for usability

Thanks,

Dan

I've said this a couple of times, but the expectation that Rev 2 would be completed on 7/7/14 rather than first implemented by that date does not make sense in terms of software development.

We release a brand new feature, get feedback, release improvements, test, implement a new feature.

The only time we plan to release something "finished" is for the official public launch.

Before then (and after), expect a "rev" to be a revision, just a milestone along a path.

I guess people rather just have a half assed job done and call it "rev 2" just to say it is so... then we can go and fork a thousand times with promises to "get it right next time".
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dig dig dig
IMPORTANT! COINPAYMENTS IS ACCEPTING VOTES!

We need this site for the xc merch that I'm planing, that will have cool things like mechanical keys with xc logo, tshirts and even more importantly tor stick.

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote

guys? GUYS??  Shocked
remember, Teka needs XC to be on coinpayments.net for future merchandise plans.
I think that 60cent for your vote will be well spent, since this would also benefit XCs value.

we need to get at least 5th place to be added, right now we are 6th, pos 2-5 are very tight though.

2nd Coin2     35
3rd TitCoin   34
4th KryptKoin 32
5th Zimstake  30
6th XCurrency 22

to catch up the race to zimstake we would need at least 10 more votes, but 20 more votes would be a good amount of votes to secure at least the fifth place.
so if you haven't already, get off your butt and get your damn wallet (btc wallet of course)  !!!!!  Wink

go to -> https://www.coinpayments.net/vote -> choose XC -> pay 0.001 BTC -> don't forget to confirm vote via email -> PROFIT  Cheesy

Less than 5 hours left!!  http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

Thx, Alex
we are losing it .. just saying

1st NYC  NewYorkCoin 64
2nd KTK  KryptKoin   43
3rd ZS   Zimstake    42
4th NC2  Coin2       39
5th TIT  TitCoin     37
6th XC   XCurrency   23

seems most people are to lazy to support our team  Embarrassed
well i guess then we'll have to wait for another month to see the TOR stick and other XC merch that is in planed...

Less than 3 hours left and still ~20 votes missing to achieve our goal to get on coinpayments.net  Cry
http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

There are hardly any votes on any of the coins for that matter. Why does it ultimately matter? There doesn't seem to be any interest...

XC team needs to be on coinpayments.net for merchs like tor stick, as Teka mentioned.

Just a couple hours left... I have a plan to get us into the top 5. We'll see what happens...

12 more vote , keep it up !

I've told quite a few ppl about XC so I just called them and told them they need to vote NOW.  With less than 2 hours left I'm not sure if many of them will make the deadline.
legendary
Yes you are right.

But you guys forget, the same trick I can easily make with BTC. There are many mixers too.

So this kind of anonymity is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?

Hiding your addresses? No, you can't perform the same trick with BTC because ONLY XC has trustless mixing.

If you want to trust some dodgy mixing service then that's up to you. But in my opinion it's a bad idea.

Activity: 119
Merit: 10

XC is better than BTC because this transaction are anonymous !

You cant link transaction from the sender to the receiver and the same in reverse.

If you see 100xc more in a balance there is no link that it come from a balance where there is 100xc less !

Transaction are anonymous with XC not with BTC !

It is completely truth.

But in some real-life applications, it is not sufficient: hidden structure of your income does not matter, if total volume of your income is world-wide known. So, in that applications, you should take care of your XC address is not linked with somewhat address from real life, even email, etc.

It's irrelevant whether or not people can see your balance. If you don't like it simply send all payments to a temporary address and keep your xc in a secret address by sending anonymously from the temp address.  Problem solved. This could even be implemented into the coin I'm sure. If the mixer works there is no lack of anonymity.

Yes you are right.

So this kind of anonymity with extra secret XC address, is not a destiny choice feature, that I should leave well tested & open source BTC and switch to poorly tested & closed source XC. Agree?
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
XC team needs to be on coinpayments.net for merchs like tor stick, as Teka mentioned.

Just pay does damn kids 4 btc and it is done! PLEASE.. MONEY TALKS!
legendary

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Activity: 518

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

thanks for the update Dan Smiley
Activity: 41
Merit: 0

XC is better than BTC because this transaction are anonymous !

You cant link transaction from the sender to the receiver and the same in reverse.

If you see 100xc more in a balance there is no link that it come from a balance where there is 100xc less !

Transaction are anonymous with XC not with BTC !

It is completely truth.

But in some real-life applications, it is not sufficient: hidden structure of your income does not matter, if total volume of your income is world-wide known. So, in that applications, you should take care of your XC address is not linked with somewhat address from real life, even email, etc.

It's irrelevant whether or not people can see your balance. If you don't like it simply send all payments to a temporary address and keep your xc in a secret address by sending anonymously from the temp address.  Problem solved. This could even be implemented into the coin I'm sure. If the mixer works there is no lack of anonymity.
Activity: 661
dig dig dig

We need this site for the xc merch that I'm planing, that will have cool things like mechanical keys with xc logo, tshirts and even more importantly tor stick.

guys? GUYS??  Shocked
I think that 60cent for your vote will be well spent, since this would also benefit XCs value.

we need to get at least 5th place to be added, right now we are 6th, pos 2-5 are very tight though.

2nd Coin2     35
3rd TitCoin   34
4th KryptKoin 32
5th Zimstake  30
6th XCurrency 22

to catch up the race to zimstake we would need at least 10 more votes, but 20 more votes would be a good amount of votes to secure at least the fifth place.
so if you haven't already, get off your butt and get your damn wallet (btc wallet of course)  !!!!!  Wink

go to -> https://www.coinpayments.net/vote -> choose XC -> pay 0.001 BTC -> don't forget to confirm vote via email -> PROFIT  Cheesy

Less than 5 hours left!!  http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

Thx, Alex

1st NYC  NewYorkCoin 64
2nd KTK  KryptKoin   43
3rd ZS   Zimstake    42
4th NC2  Coin2       39
5th TIT  TitCoin     37
6th XC   XCurrency   23

seems most people are to lazy to support our team  Embarrassed
well i guess then we'll have to wait for another month to see the TOR stick and other XC merch that is in planed...

Less than 3 hours left and still ~20 votes missing to achieve our goal to get on coinpayments.net  Cry

There are hardly any votes on any of the coins for that matter. Why does it ultimately matter? There doesn't seem to be any interest...

Just a couple hours left... I have a plan to get us into the top 5. We'll see what happens...

12 more vote , keep it up !
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
dig dig dig

guys? GUYS??  Shocked

2nd Coin2     35
3rd TitCoin   34
4th KryptKoin 32
5th Zimstake  30
6th XCurrency 22

so if you haven't already, get off your butt and get your damn wallet (btc wallet of course)  !!!!!  Wink

go to -> https://www.coinpayments.net/vote -> choose XC -> pay 0.001 BTC -> don't forget to confirm vote via email -> PROFIT  Cheesy

Less than 5 hours left!!  http://www.webcountdown.de/?a=OEiZWLc

Thx, Alex

1st NYC  NewYorkCoin 64
2nd KTK  KryptKoin   43
3rd ZS   Zimstake    42
4th NC2  Coin2       39
5th TIT  TitCoin     37
6th XC   XCurrency   23

seems most people are to lazy to support our team  Embarrassed

Less than 3 hours left and still ~20 votes missing to achieve our goal to get on coinpayments.net  Cry

Activity: 616

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Dan speaks --> price rises.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Great! Thank you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Activity: 661
What's really impressive is that the wallet itself can serve as a node. 

This the base of the XC Platform and when its going to be adopted by the public i can say good luck to trace transaction bouncing from wallet to wallet with million of mobile xnode and with that you have a interest of 3,3% by year of your wallet in your pocket.

Activity: 756

+1000

Any update on this Guys?

Thanks,

Dan

Jump to: