Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 823. (Read 1484194 times)

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
Any chance we can get some people voting on coinpayments.net

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote-thanks

top 5 get thru each voting stage and there is 1 day left

xc is currently 6th

ATM's are amazing and more than most coins have, But coinpayments would also be a great addition to XC

https://www.coinpayments.net/vote
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

A fix for what?  XC wasn't attacked.  Anyway, in case your post was true and not a FUD attempt, below is the response from Dan.

In response to the attack that was carried out today on navajocoin.

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

XC use's a 90 second block time.

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

Thank you for Dan citation, so we know this is most recent info on that subject today. Waiting for Dan's final conclusion and/or solution coming soon...

legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
Hi guys! I've read some latest pages across...

Can anybody summarize, how is XC vulnerable to 51% PoS attack, such as made on VRC, etc.?
And is Dan searching a fix now in progress? Or he have found the solution already?

All POS coins are vulnerable to staking attacks when a person holds a significant portion of the network weight in coinage. Want to do your part? Get your coins off the exchanges and stake in your own wallet supporting the network.
Activity: 644
Merit: 500

Can anybody summarize, how is XC vulnerable to 51% PoS attack, such as made on VRC, etc.?
And is Dan searching a fix now in progress? Or he have found the solution already?

A fix for what?  XC wasn't attacked.  Anyway, in case your post was true and not a FUD attempt, below is the response from Dan.

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
I bought some Doge today hoping the block halving would help boost the prices so i can cash out and get more xcs... but i guess there is just tooo much doge that the halving doesnt matter.. cause there is still plenty of doge to be mined.

so now im stuck with much more doge then i want :/ 

I might be mean here but im gonna call you a sucker.

(sorry though, but i gotta agree. Love doge community but as a currency, see above pic.)
Activity: 119
Merit: 10

Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I bought some Doge today hoping the block halving would help boost the prices so i can cash out and get more xcs... but i guess there is just tooo much doge that the halving doesnt matter.. cause there is still plenty of doge to be mined.

I might be mean here but im gonna call you a sucker.
Activity: 252

Sell it on their reddit market.  I've done sales there and haven't had a problem.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100

doge is a lost cause imho, XRP will rise continuously till it hits 10 cents, and probably more. One of the biggest transaction providers got 8 countries in Latin America on the ripple gateways several days ago.
Activity: 1498
Merit: 537
...I unlocked my encrypted wallet with "for staking only" checked, and I was still able to send XC without entering my password.  This seems like a bug to me.

I do believe it is a bug and was mentioned some days/pages ago.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255

Activity: 41
Merit: 0
For some reason my posts are not going through.  I unlocked my encrypted wallet with "for staking only" checked, and I was still able to send XC without entering my password.  This seems like a bug to me.
Activity: 840
Im sorry for stupid question , but i want to tranfer my coins from MP to wallet , so should i download XCv0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42.zip ? Is it version 2.42 or what? And then transfer coins from mintpal to wallet and i will get 3,33% from my coins in 1 year? If someone can explain, it would be nice, because i held my coins at mintpal and never had XC wallet Smiley thankyou very much.

Yes what you have said is correct. there is a guide on the website that is easy to follow. http://www.xc-official.com/wallet

yes, i saw it, but should i do something more to get that 3,33% or only transfer XC coins to the wallet? When i get my first coins after transfering to wallet? should i hold my wallet open everytime when my computer is on?

Transfer the XC to your wallet, open in it when your computer is on and it should be staking. Do you want to set a password on your wallet?

yes i want to set i pass and make backup, but i saw guide in xc-official how to do it, so i think i will do it by myself Smiley thank you for helping. if i will have question with password setting or backup, i will ask here; )

Ok no worries, you can pm me directly if have any other concers/questions.
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

2nd

The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Dan

Perhaps you could look at Blackcoin's PoS ver 2.0? It is supposedly an improvement on the security of proof of stake's original design based on Sunny King's work. It's also open source and described in the white paper.

Blackcoin dev rat4 is one of the few solid coin devs around here.
Im sorry for stupid question , but i want to tranfer my coins from MP to wallet , so should i download XCv0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42.zip ? Is it version 2.42 or what? And then transfer coins from mintpal to wallet and i will get 3,33% from my coins in 1 year? If someone can explain, it would be nice, because i held my coins at mintpal and never had XC wallet Smiley thankyou very much.

Yes what you have said is correct. there is a guide on the website that is easy to follow. http://www.xc-official.com/wallet

yes, i saw it, but should i do something more to get that 3,33% or only transfer XC coins to the wallet? When i get my first coins after transfering to wallet? should i hold my wallet open everytime when my computer is on?

Transfer the XC to your wallet, open in it when your computer is on and it should be staking. Do you want to set a password on your wallet?

yes i want to set i pass and make backup, but i saw guide in xc-official how to do it, so i think i will do it by myself Smiley thank you for helping. if i will have question with password setting or backup, i will ask here; )
Activity: 840

Activity: 280

this coin cant be mined any more only staked

how do u get to a 78 million total thats just WTF (

I was talking about the other coin I mentioned (VTC), which you can still mine and they have 78 million coins left before they reach their cap.  Currently only 6.1 million coins have been mined.

o yea lol vtc XD

my mistake
and in that sentance i concure

"When your app is unlocked, you are able to make transactions.

If you don't want to make transactions, but only want to earn interest on your funds, check the “For staking only” box as shown."

So basically, tick the for staking only box when you unlock the wallet. Im probably not the best one to answer you as I haven't transfered mine from MP yet either as I am not 100% sure on a few things. For example does the wallet have to be unlocked for the coins to be staking?

I'd wait on a better reply Wink

Jump to: