Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 826. (Read 1484194 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
Time to panic buy now that Rev 2 Final is coming out shortly.

Where did you read this?

Shortly means after this

Quote from: atcsecure
The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Just depends on your definition of short. Get in early before the vultures arrive  Wink

First of all, atcsecure never used the word "shortly", you did.
Activity: 162
Merit: 100

Where did you read this?

Shortly means after this

Quote from: atcsecure
The current REV2 test-release will be updated, additional data collected and then the final rev2 will be released

Just depends on your definition of short. Get in early before the vultures arrive  Wink
Activity: 70
Merit: 10

In response to the attack that was carried out today on navajocoin.

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

XC use's a 90 second block time.

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

2nd

Dan

I stand corrected. More updates to come on REV2 indeed.

Don't mess with leigh2k14 aka Mr Floppy! He will eat you up!
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter

While I am still reviewing the limited amount of information, based on my review of both the code and the available data, the attack was successful partly due to the 30 second block time.  

I am reviewing the additional variables & Proof of Stake code involved in this attacked for any potential issues

2nd

Dan

this is huuuuge, thanx Dan! Securing the coin and providing update on things in 1 post!

Where did you read this?
Activity: 162
These low prices means that I get more XC while mining at the pool  Grin

Activity: 364
Merit: 250
Link to the short term roadmap seems to be down. I was sure it mentioned xnodes being integrated. I cant test at the mo as I cant mess about with my router.

Dan

Thanks for the update, but this could mean anything. I will be dead someday, but that could be 2 seconds from now or 50 years from now. Na mean?

2nd

Dan

Thanks Dan! Smiley
Activity: 700

2nd

Dan

Thank you Dan always on point. Do you have a final date for the Final Release? Plus can you confirm there will be as well a public Bounty to try to crack the anonimity?
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018

2nd

Dan

Anyway to also implement a check against the current user's stake as a percentage of network weight to restrict staking in the event the coins make up a significant portion of the network?
Activity: 462

2nd

Dan

I stand corrected. More updates to come on REV2 indeed.

Wrong wrong wrong wrong!!!!!

It is still not finished.

true. the version is 1.9.4 or something. not 2.0.

Thank you.

We are all waiting for the final piece of code, that will put us ahead of any alt coin, then watch the price explode!!!

Just waiting on Dan now, I don't mean to keep on, but it is 8 days late.
[/quote]

Plus with the Official REV2 release it was promised to be as well a public Bounty in BTC to try to Crack the anonimity
[/quote]

Do you know if they have anyone in mind to test the anon, or is it just an open bounty?
[/quote]

Should be Open Bounty.

Plus for my understanding the release is still not complete as it does not set up Xnodes automatically yet, so Xnode multipath communication in the wallet is not ready yet as I understood, I might be wrong though.
And as well for what I understood the final release of Rev2 will not need the user to change anything in the router settings anymore to use the anonimity feature
Activity: 756

2nd

Dan
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1018
What final piece of code?

All I'm saying is that everything that was promised for REV2 is already here and they seem to have moved on to what is listed under REV2.5.

I'm not aware of any final piece of code that is missing.

If you want to point to version numbers as an indication that REV2 is not finished yet while all of the promised REV2 tech/features are already here, well...do your thing.

P.S. The version is v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42. If we're going to go off of version numbers then this isn't even REV1 yet.

...or REV 2.42 ;-)
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000

[/quote]

Thank you.

We are all waiting for the final piece of code, that will put us ahead of any alt coin, then watch the price explode!!!

[/quote]

Plus with the Official REV2 release it was promised to be as well a public Bounty in BTC to try to Crack the anonimity
[/quote]

Do you know if they have anyone in mind to test the anon, or is it just an open bounty?
Activity: 462
Come on Dan, release the finishing code for REV2. Smiley

You're still asking for REV2 to be "finished"?

Please, take a look at the roadmap:

http://xc-official.com/about/

Everything listed under REV2 has been delivered. Therefore, it IS finished.

What you are looking forward to is REV 2.5 which has no clear release date yet.

We know that Dan and team have been testing encrypted messaging on testnet. Thus it would seem that REV 2.5 is coming along nicely and is perhaps not long from being ready.

Just please stop asking for a finished REV2 because it's already here.

Thank you.

What final piece of code?

All I'm saying is that everything that was promised for REV2 is already here and they seem to have moved on to what is listed under REV2.5.

I'm not aware of any final piece of code that is missing.

If you want to point to version numbers as an indication that REV2 is not finished yet while all of the promised REV2 tech/features are already here, well...do your thing.

P.S. The version is v0.9.2.40XCurrency-2.42. If we're going to go off of version numbers then this isn't even REV1 yet. I'm skeptical that the version numbers are relevant.

wheres synechist? any little tidbits of information i recon would cheers us all up a little bit Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1288
Merit: 1000
Come on Dan, release the finishing code for REV2. Smiley

You're still asking for REV2 to be "finished"?

Please, take a look at the roadmap:

http://xc-official.com/about/

Everything listed under REV2 has been delivered. Therefore, it IS finished.

What you are looking forward to is REV 2.5 which has no clear release date yet.

We know that Dan and team have been testing encrypted messaging on testnet. Thus it would seem that REV 2.5 is coming along nicely and is perhaps not long from being ready.

Just please stop asking for a finished REV2 because it's already here.

Thank you.

Jump to: