Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 829. (Read 1484194 times)

Activity: 378
Merit: 250
Hey guys,

I just published an article about XC on Devtome http://devtome.com/doku.php?id=xcurrency_xc

But I'm fairly new to this coin and wanted to check if I presented it right and got all my facts straight. All suggestions are welcome, I'm always happy to go back and make additions or alterations.
Particularly - any more useful links to related services I can include?
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
I notice someone launched a double spend attack on NAV. I don't want to be alarmist , but just want to check if that is possible with all POS coins?
Might as well clear it up and move on.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7848188

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7848512

Please let me know if this is not appropriate and I'll delete it   Smiley

I join to the question.

As I predict by intuition (may be wrong), in PoS coin, 51% atack is still available, but one have to possess 51% of coins, not hash power.
So, if total PoS coin's volume has a tendency to be accumulated in few hands, 51% attack is even more dangerous, than for PoW coins,
because PoW requires real money to buy mining equipment. PoS coins do not, just exchange speculations.

Also I heard, 51% PoS holder may do 'stealth' fork, without entire blockchain corruption, and may 'stick' all other holders to his forked blockchain by hidden way.

Correct me, please, and explain, how things are going in XC.
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
the 24h volume is doing really great today!

It's been nine days since the Rev 2 beta was released.

rev2 beta was split into RC parts. The roadmap is still active.

even though the price blows for all us us holders, XC is still the best game in town by a long stretch! I just gotta Keep my mind off the price and the price off my mind!

Price is going down, but I feel confident holding a lot of XC. My guess is that this is the bottom (or close), and selling today will only make your cry soon. I guess we will soon know, but some large buy orders will bring price back up to 300k. If the devs keep delivering. Which I hope they will.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Crypto Currency Supporter

even though the price blows for all us us holders, XC is still the best game in town by a long stretch! I just gotta Keep my mind off the price and the price off my mind!

idd, let me remind you that we have a really sweet PST in our forum, you r free to hype the price there as much as you want, lets keep topic here clean for tech breakthroughs and releases!
Activity: 70

Activity: 70

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000
can someone explain to me in BASIC TECHNICAL TERMS of how private messaging works?
the technical of it.
basically which leads to 

Hhahah nice

Basically an encrypted message is sent directly to the receiver. About like torrenting so peer to peer.
legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
I notice someone launched a double spend attack on NAV. I don't want to be alarmist , but just want to check if that is possible with all POS coins?
Might as well clear it up and move on.
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7848188

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.7848512

Please let me know if this is not appropriate and I'll delete it   Smiley
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
What now prevents XC cost, for example, 0.01BTC?

Nothing. But the "whales" are looking for fast profits, they move from coin to coin. Between new version they create small fluctuations and they hodl, at least a part of their savings. They need a high volume currency, else they can not dump when necessary. They usually do not give a fuck about tech as long as they can use the rumors for their profit. This creates FUD. When marketing team do what they are best at, it will reach an higher adoption and then a price rise is unevitable. This will happen. I have been in the trading for a while now. I see many small fish, wtih 5 BTC or less sell into these small fluctuations.

I can share one of the things i have learned. No matter how unlikely you think it is to get your orders filled, you will get them filled (as long as you stay in range from top to low in price range.). Dont fall for whale tricks.

that is srsly good advice ty
Activity: 270
Merit: 250

Nothing. But the "whales" are looking for fast profits, they move from coin to coin. Between new version they create small fluctuations and they hodl, at least a part of their savings. They need a high volume currency, else they can not dump when necessary. They usually do not give a fuck about tech as long as they can use the rumors for their profit. This creates FUD. When marketing team do what they are best at, it will reach an higher adoption and then a price rise is unevitable. This will happen. I have been in the trading for a while now. I see many small fish, wtih 5 BTC or less sell into these small fluctuations.

I can share one of the things i have learned. No matter how unlikely you think it is to get your orders filled, you will get them filled (as long as you stay in range from top to low in price range.). Dont fall for whale tricks.

But then again, i should be better listening to my own advice. Patience is bless in crypto.
Activity: 140
can someone explain to me in BASIC TECHNICAL TERMS of how private messaging works?
the technical of it.

basically which leads to 
I think much of the problem too is that there are 20 shit coins that come out every day, so people are busy chasing those to make the next quick buck.  Heck , I used to do that myself.

It comes to the point you realize that its just not worth it and park your money in something more stable. Its just like your 401k....eventually you just want steady gains over time instead of the next flash in the pan that "might" make you a few extra dollars short term.

I know its hearbreaking seeing the price kinda "stuck" where its at, but not long ago we were also "stuck" at the 100K mark also.

yup.

Just w8 for Dan and team to deliver, like they v always been. Rev2 final and Rev 3 arent far away. When Dan realises the full tech and compiles in an easy to use app, you think that anything else will matter? Heck, I bet people irrelevant to e-currency will come just for the encrypted messaging.
Activity: 672
Merit: 501
I think much of the problem too is that there are 20 shit coins that come out every day, so people are busy chasing those to make the next quick buck.  Heck , I used to do that myself.

It comes to the point you realize that its just not worth it and park your money in something more stable. Its just like your 401k....eventually you just want steady gains over time instead of the next flash in the pan that "might" make you a few extra dollars short term.

I know its hearbreaking seeing the price kinda "stuck" where its at, but not long ago we were also "stuck" at the 100K mark also.
Activity: 103
the technical of it.
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003
your second one "darkcoin" uses masternodes.  these are centralized mixers essentially.

How many xnodes (or xc wallets with 550XC and open incoming port in the firewall) there are online now? There are almost 700 drk masternodes online atm btw.
Activity: 448
Merit: 254
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Cheap ask at 157 @mp, i bought part of this, the rest is waiting for You Wink
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
Is the Ubuntu/Debian client save to use? Its on version 0.9.2.0 while the Windows client is on    0.9.2.40.
Jump to: