Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 836. (Read 1484197 times)

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
my comment on vrc - @ICee712 @VeriCoin When a EXCHANGE is hacked and 40% of currency was stolen - you know that 40% of the value of the coin was for PUMP n DUMP  not for Holding long term.

Huh

if i steal 40% of a coin then i have to sell them immediately to take profits before i get caught.
i can't see the context between "i steal something" and "i Need to hold the stolen stuff for a Long time". plz explain, i feel so stupid =)

edit: now i got it.... :-D your Point is that you don't like hot-storage and that you assume that People have to store their coins locally and not @ an Exchange.
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
@policymaker

I don't think there will be a significant dump on VRC, if any. The community is well incentivated cos of the devs efforts, fast response and numerous "coin first" feats of VeriCoin.

Not FUDing at all, in my portfolio my 2 favorite and biggest bags are XC and VRC, so not a fanboi, just an investor opinion. Both are IMO the best alts in town.

VRC will get out of this one stronger than ever, wait and see, if there are any dumps there are investors more than happy to get them cheap.

Hope XC kicks up fast too, has been in the 16-18 world for quite a lot and itches to hold long Smiley

At least we should see some spikes for adrenaline Smiley

Eth.

Just my short term estimations for VRC, nothing more. Im just guessing that some investors going long might want to diversify their portofolio because of doubts. Hacked mintpal was handled pretty well, undoubtedly, but it still created uncertainty.

I think XC has already had its fair share of FUD, so its even more ahaid of any competition in that case as well. To me just its just a matter of getting the tech ready for bulletproof test, in one coherent app/wallet.
I think the community itself will even donate to promote that very instant, not to mention team has its own plans anway.

I agree with your reasoning, just wanted to share a bit of insight on VRC since I am quite active and keep a close eye on the community.

The point of VRC is that the coin have done amazing stuff for its short life and the devs are very active and in constant communication with the community, that combined with the quality of the coin itself keeps the morale high no doubt. This combined with the media explosion of this happening (please remember that 2,000,000 USD has been stolen, quite a number for the cryptoworld) its going to, again IMO, bring not only new investors that will eat all the possible dumps but raise the value of the coin.

Also loving XC! It's an amazingly promising coin, hopefully the PR campaign put it in its own place.
BTW is there any TimeLine for PR events/actions that we can follow?

I'm also hoping that, even though i think there will not be noticeable dumps, the VRC droppers will invest in XC. One great coin into another.

Cheers,

Eth.

Confirmed for VeriCoin developer posing as Ethereum Developer. No there is no PR timeline. Now would you kindly piss off?
Activity: 78
my comment on vrc - @ICee712 @VeriCoin When a EXCHANGE is hacked and 40% of currency was stolen - you know that 40% of the value of the coin was for PUMP n DUMP  not for Holding long term.

That is correct. Someone is holding a lot of coins. But also remember that mintpal is the site where most people trade their coin = a lot of % is stored there.
Activity: 602
Merit: 255
my comment on vrc - @ICee712 @VeriCoin When a EXCHANGE is hacked and 40% of currency was stolen - you know that 40% of the value of the coin was for PUMP n DUMP  not for Holding long term.
Crypto Currency Supporter
sure glad i bought a ferrari with vrc just prior to the hack.. cause now i got a ferrari and all my vrc back in my wallet Wink

-this is a joke - but also a real life reason you shuldnt roll back a block chain when the chain is commercialized

Did this really happen? I mean the blockchain rollback. Side-effects?

Yes this happens.  so basically you buy something with coins... you get the product and take it home... then they roll back the block chain to a point prior.. when you still had those coins.   and so now you got ur coins back plus the product... so now you can go re buy the product again Wink

its a win for you because you get what you bought plus all teh coins back u spent... but for the dude who gave you the product, hes now out the product and out the coins you gave him.   hes at a big loss.

im not sure who pays the price right now, but that sounds really, really nasty.
sure glad i bought a ferrari with vrc just prior to the hack.. cause now i got a ferrari and all my vrc back in my wallet Wink

-this is a joke - but also a real life reason you shuldnt roll back a block chain when the chain is commercialized

Yes this happens.  so basically you buy something with coins... you get the product and take it home... then they roll back the block chain to a point prior.. when you still had those coins.   and so now you got ur coins back plus the product... so now you can go re buy the product again Wink

its a win for you because you get what you bought plus all teh coins back u spent... but for the dude who gave you the product, hes now out the product and out the coins you gave him.   hes at a big loss.

edit: DAT FACEBOOK POST

Is XC headed to the Bitcoin Conference in Chicago in any official capacity?

http://btcchicago.com/

If XC does go I may have to drive up to Chicago to check it out. I am only 2 hours away
Activity: 158

Is XC headed to the Bitcoin Conference in Chicago in any official capacity?

http://btcchicago.com/

Activity: 84
We are the only alt that has team members working full time, that is just crazy dedication right there. How many of the team are now full time?

I check the forum from time to time and continue to see people talking price. Although we are only two months in, xcurrency is no longer for traders. I know people will continue to trade but imo xc has a long term future and I prefer to see long, slow growth. Bitcoin didn't explode over night, it took years to get where it is and so should xc.

I don't even care if we see delays or things not going as planned. Having someone working full time will ensure us that we will get to where we need to be. Boys, work slow, work carefully, spend time with your families, take time for yourselves, meditate, take bubble baths, whatever it takes. No one wins first place for rushing in order to please nervous holders or traders.

As long as the communication with the community stays in tact we will continue to have something very special here.

That's all! Happy Monday everyone.
legendary
Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000
Quote from: BTCwriter link=topic=630clubmsg7837048#msg7837048 date=1405339548

We are not interested in a 'promise to be anonimous'-scam-coin

XC is already having everything your coin has

Let's not call anyone a scam coin. If you're not interest just say thanks or no interest.
Activity: 338
@policymaker

I don't think there will be a significant dump on VRC, if any. The community is well incentivated cos of the devs efforts, fast response and numerous "coin first" feats of VeriCoin.

Not FUDing at all, in my portfolio my 2 favorite and biggest bags are XC and VRC, so not a fanboi, just an investor opinion. Both are IMO the best alts in town.

VRC will get out of this one stronger than ever, wait and see, if there are any dumps there are investors more than happy to get them cheap.

Hope XC kicks up fast too, has been in the 16-18 world for quite a lot and itches to hold long Smiley

Eth.

Just my short term estimations for VRC, nothing more. Im just guessing that some investors going long might want to diversify their portofolio because of doubts. Hacked mintpal was handled pretty well, undoubtedly, but it still created uncertainty.

I think XC has already had its fair share of FUD, so its even more ahaid of any competition in that case as well. To me just its just a matter of getting the tech ready for bulletproof test, in one coherent app/wallet.
I think the community itself will even donate to promote that very instant, not to mention team has its own plans anway.

I agree with your reasoning, just wanted to share a bit of insight on VRC since I am quite active and keep a close eye on the community.

The point of VRC is that the coin have done amazing stuff for its short life and the devs are very active and in constant communication with the community, that combined with the quality of the coin itself keeps the morale high no doubt. This combined with the media explosion of this happening (please remember that 2,000,000 USD has been stolen, quite a number for the cryptoworld) its going to, again IMO, bring not only new investors that will eat all the possible dumps but raise the value of the coin.

Also loving XC! It's an amazingly promising coin, hopefully the PR campaign put it in its own place.
BTW is there any TimeLine for PR events/actions that we can follow?

I'm also hoping that, even though i think there will not be noticeable dumps, the VRC droppers will invest in XC. One great coin into another.

Cheers,

Eth.
@policymaker

Eth.

I think the community itself will even donate to promote that very instant, not to mention team has its own plans anyway.
Activity: 338
@policymaker

Eth.
Activity: 70
Sorry guys, i dropped the price a bit.. went all-in a while back... need to pay some bills now Tongue

Plenty left to keep growing though

edit; holy shit, that corrected straight away

just w8 for vrc to get unlocked, i think people will buy lots of XC in mintpal and sent them straight to bittrex and wallets.

why should anybody buy from mintpal and send to bittrex? don't understand that. or do you mean for arbitraging?
Mintpal was succesfully attacked in VRC wallet a few days ago, and VRC were compromised. People feeling really insecure, and VRC is a weird place to be in right now. They had locked VRC wallets, so my guess is, people gonna sell lots of mintpal VRC, and invest in other coins. XC has been top10 mintpal volume for 2 months now, so there is no reason why one wouldn't invest in XC, other than he plays short coins and got alt info, thus making short profits.

The moment REV2 finalises expect to see some real fireworks. We anticipated the fireworks a week ago, but rev2 was split into RCs Sad

whats "RCs" ?

RC = release candidate. it's a stable Version of an application. RC is a common term in Software development.

Thanks
Sorry guys, i dropped the price a bit.. went all-in a while back... need to pay some bills now Tongue

just w8 for vrc to get unlocked, i think people will buy lots of XC in mintpal and sent them straight to bittrex and wallets.

why should anybody buy from mintpal and send to bittrex? don't understand that. or do you mean for arbitraging?
Mintpal was succesfully attacked in VRC wallet a few days ago, and VRC were compromised. People feeling really insecure, and VRC is a weird place to be in right now. They had locked VRC wallets, so my guess is, people gonna sell lots of mintpal VRC, and invest in other coins. XC has been top10 mintpal volume for 2 months now, so there is no reason why one wouldn't invest in XC, other than he plays short coins and got alt info, thus making short profits.

The moment REV2 finalises expect to see some real fireworks. We anticipated the fireworks a week ago, but rev2 was split into RCs Sad

whats "RCs" ?

RC = release candidate. it's a stable Version of an application. RC is a common term in Software development.
Activity: 70

whats "RCs" ?

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

Exactly, these prices allow us to accumulate, I've been picking up blocks of 30 - 40 XC at a time below 160k so I am also expanding my empire Smiley These blocks are sold so cheap by people who need to free up BTC for jumping on clonecoin hypetrains only to get burned. I know this because I was once like this, and I still see it happening around me, but I guess we all need to learn the hard way. At the moment there are only three coins I feel are safe to invest in / to hold and not be phased by either price spikes or pricedrops, those are BTC, LTC and XC. And I am not even accumulating BTC and LTC anymore.

I started out the same way.  Jumping coin to coin trying to ride the pump train, but I was always too late.  Any time you see one of those P&D in excess of 100% value increase it's already to late.  You almost have to be able to access markets 24 hours a day to be successful at it, and I just can't do that.  I'd rather stick my funds into coins that will have bright futures (potentially), and XC just seems like a sure thing....if people would just practice patience.  

I agree with you about there only being three coins that are safe investments.  XC, BTC, and my third is different then yours  Smiley.
Jump to: