Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 909. (Read 1484197 times)

legendary
Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Hi all

You may have heard mention here and there of the incipient XC Foundation. Today we introduce you to its first two members!

They'll be helping to take XC to the world in the form of XC ATMS and XC-based crowdfunding, and will be working behind the scenes to attract investors to XC.

Activity: 243
Merit: 125
It's not about trying to hide something, but protecting IP.
Have a look at this ALTs market, scam coins flood again and agin. If open source at this stage, there'll be XC1, XC2, XC3 tomorrow morning when you wake up.
You mentioned OPEN HW? do you know even CPU has software in it? How do you think Intel and Qualcomm will open source for you? Are you kidding?
BTW, if you have interesting in below ISA code of CPU, we could have a talk LOL.

Let us finish on it.

Agree, IP protecting is nice feature, but it behaves in context of anonimity we've decided not to touch on.
If I am somewhat paranoid, I can completely switch to TOR or VPN tunelling on my comp to use BTC instead of XC because BTC source is open.

But XC does have another intersting features against BTC, you do ignore again and again Sad

Activity: 700
Merit: 500
With no facts coming from you i can only conclude we discussed nothing.
Hope you find your way in one of the many BTC threads here, for now, lets agree to disagree

Can we stop to discuss XC's anonymity feature therefore?

May we focus on what is *another* main feature or features of XC against just BTC, not other altcoins?

Can You crack REV1.5 anonymity and come back to us please? not REV 2 Just Crack REV 1.5 and then come back, otherwise shut your stupid mouth.

There will be a bounty soon to Crack REV2 as well maybe you can find someone that will crack it so then you will prove your point and get some BTC as well.
Activity: 158
Merit: 100

I see you are completly missing the point.
http://www.michaelnielsen.org/ddi/how-the-bitcoin-protocol-actually-works/
btw: whats stopping me from sending my own balance anon to a new address i own?

Already discussed. Nothing does stop you. Here XC behaves exactly as BTC, being 5 years open source heavy tested on the main net.

So why XC, not BTC?

I am honest to believe that anonymity is not prime feature of XC. But community is configured aggressive not just for criticism but for regard another main feature of XC.  Sad

Fair question and one I'm sure the XC team will need to better define and compress into an elevator speech.  I'm also pretty sure the team is flattered you're already drawing the comparison to BTC.  

I'm not sure I fully understand the superiority of the tech so I'll let others fill in, but I do know:
no mining -> so that takes care of the pesky unnecessary power consumption
POS -> so that makes holders interest, which is nice and helps offset 'some' volatility
P2P -> So messaging and blockchain transfers don't need to go through any central node
Multi Layered for Privacy -> I can't do a good job describing this, but this is a big deal for consumers here in the US

Hope you find your way in one of the many BTC threads here, for now, lets agree to disagree

Can we stop to discuss XC's anonymity feature therefore?

May we focus on what is *another* main feature or features of XC against just BTC, not other altcoins?
Activity: 126
XC

Already discussed. Nothing does stop you. Here XC behaves exactly as BTC, being 5 years open source heavy tested on the main net.

So why XC, not BTC?

I am honest to believe that anonymity is not prime feature of XC. But community is configured aggressive not just for criticism but for regard another main feature of XC.  Sad

It's not about trying to hide something, but protecting IP.
Have a look at this ALTs market, scam coins flood again and agin. If open source at this stage, there'll be XC1, XC2, XC3 tomorrow morning when you wake up.
You mentioned OPEN HW? do you know even CPU has software in it? How do you think Intel and Qualcomm will open source for you? Are you kidding?
BTW, if you have interesting in below ISA code of CPU, we could have a talk LOL.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1001
Is there a whitepaper for XC somewhere?
Activity: 978
Merit: 250

So why XC, not BTC?

Activity: 462
Stating simple facts... Like i said ive been here since before the 1st great crash hold tons of the coin.. just think you guys have very skewed "proffessional" perspective... Im giving my kid something constructive to do on a summer day.. You should understand when people are competeting to better your brand that's when it receive the best ideas... maybe you will see something different you like.. As i said im doing this for my son to have something constructive to do.. who knows maybe it will give you a fresh look or see somethign you like you can add... jesus don't always take everything negatively... Great companies have tons of employees who compete with each other...I personally love going up against a colleague in the work environment... I strive to be that much greater not knowing what the competition might bring..
legendary
P.S. Anti-FUD fuel for those wishing to substantiate XC's tech advancements:

XCurrency is, at present, the only project with trustless decentralised mixing. This is a world-first, and a fundamental game-changer in cryptocurrency.

Consider it in perspective: Satoshi Nakomoto solved the Byzantine Generals' problem with Bitcoin, creating a trustless digital cash system. However Bitcoin is insufficiently private for several real-world use-cases, like keeping company accounts out of full public view, or allowing political donors (and the amounts donated) to remain private.

Until XC, there was no solution to the Byzantine Generals' problem that allows sufficient - and flexible - privacy for the real world. And now it's here.

In addition:

XC is the only functioning anoncoin that avoids bloat.

It is completely decentralised, avoiding what Gregory Maxwell refers to as a "security bottleneck" in other anoncoins' use of semi-centralised supernodes to forward transactions.

XC is designed from the ground up to be mobile friendly. Fully functional staking mobile wallets are on the way.

Check out the news on Yahoo Finance for a bit more info: http://finance.yahoo.com/news/xcurrency-unveils-industry-leading-cryptographic-124348907.html

Upvote here.

Activity: 616
Just remember how u guys treat some people in this community.

Did you seriously just say that, pookie?  After you and MrBoh (who are probably the same person) posted a chat log of a private conversation to try to create hype out of nothing?  

Really?  You and MrBoh are both weeds to this community.
legendary
Activity: 1003
look at that long lower shadows in chart.

We re definitely going up. Whales trying to force price down!
Activity: 4
Merit: 0
Wealth Distribution

Top N addresses   Holdings   Percentage
Top 10   1,775,628 XC   32.19 %
Top 100   4,155,607 XC   75.34 %
Top 1000   5,407,627 XC   98.03 %
All 5417   5,516,028 XC   100 %

2 weeks ago, I remember the "All" is 3000+. Thanks  to dump, more people got their XC.

Can you point out a link where one can observe XC's top 10 addresses?

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

It would be interesting to create a scrapper or spider to monitor and aggregate coin movements in these top ten addresses and correlate that data to price movements over time as an indicator for traders or trading signal for bot code.   Shocked
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
NOOOO!

I just made the most brain-dead mistake. I went to go fill out the 'buy' form to buy more XC, but in my haste I accidentally filled out the 'sell' form and sold half my XC!

Buy order waiting to get filled so I can have my XC back..  Sad
I hope it wasn't too many...did you get them back?

Not yet.  Sad

I accidentally sold 1350XC at 180k, I have my buy order set at 178K hoping to get them back at roughly the same rate. No one has filled it yet though. We'll see. If we are really headed up from here I may have to buy in higher before too long.

Ugh, now there're all those buy walls in the way. At least I didn't accidentally sell it all.

So why XC, not BTC?

Activity: 518
Im glad that more peopel have pointed out the Fact that the website is atrocious. It honestly looks as if my son who is a freshmen in High School logged on to wix and used the Genereal Photos to create the Site. Many lil bugs I see on the site when using makes me think it was drawn up in Wix and thrown together in a  day or 2. Anyway I know this will be hit with a raid of hate calling me a Fudder. Just remember how u guys treat some people in this community. I know that Bitcad4u has a few times propped this coin up with his own BTC to keep stable price and you all just attacked him like a bunch of wolves on a dead carcass the other night... Look what happens to your coin when you piss of big holders... were still fighting juts to make it back to 2... anyways I already know that ALOT of money will be flying in once cloak is PUMPED and DUMPED hard.  Its a set plan. With that said i assigned my son to make a mock Website for us using only half his day.. i will post it later to show you why i am discouraged with the website. Hell if my kid can out do it then.... but then again maybe Dans kid helped in the design.. i Know my son would be itching to help in projects

I hate posts like this

People are putting in their own time to do this work, give them a break...  You also refer to Butcad4u.. He is a great guy, bit impatient and a bit up and down... I would like him here, but if all he is going to do is shout his mouth off then his loss is no big deal...  This is a 6 week old coin moving at incredible speed on all fronts, everything will not be perfect instantly...

I don't know how you operate in the "real" world but I find being supportive, and doing what I can is a lot more helpful than just shouting like a child and calling out any mistake I can see...

Being a chronic fault finder is not a skill....

People need to keep their eyes on the BIG picture that the smaller components are coming together and creating....

legendary
[abusive comment snipped]

Pookielax, can I ask you to treat others with respect? Badmouthing people is neither constructive, nor does it reflect well on you.

You come across like a rather awful person. I'm holding out the belief that this is not the case, and that your intentions are more virtuous than your words make them out to be.

Please speak with respect for others in future.
Activity: 616
I'm an idiot.

Here is a live demonstration of what I wrote about earlier.  Take note.
legendary
Activity: 1003
NOOOO!

I just made the most brain-dead mistake. I went to go fill out the 'buy' form to buy more XC, but in my haste I accidentally filled out the 'sell' form and sold half my XC!

Not yet.  Sad

I accidentally sold 1350XC at 180k, I have my buy order set at 178K hoping to get them back at roughly the same rate. No one has filled it yet though. We'll see. If we are really headed up from here I may have to buy in higher before too long.

i would recommend you to buy back. look at that long candlestick body repeating. we re definitely in a bull market!
Activity: 210
Crypto Currency Supporter
NOOOO!

Not yet.  Sad

if you made a profit from the once you sold, just buy back now imo and ease ur mind. I can't see a possible way for price to go down from here, especially with ANN coming our way and team learning from mistakes and mishappenings
Jump to: