Author

Topic: [XC][XCurrency] Decentralised Trustless Privacy Platform / Encrypted XChat / Pos - page 912. (Read 1484197 times)

Activity: 966
Merit: 550
After years of being active on the internet I am still amazed at how the absence of face to face contact seems to mitigate the need for civil discussion.
legendary
Activity: 1764
Merit: 1000
XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

Agree with you. I hope, XC source code does not resemble it.

Teka, when do you open the XC sources? Just for us to be calm.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

Keep it closed as looooong as you possibly can!

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC.

Moron? that's a bit harsh, I thought I made a valid point, oh well I guess everyone is entitled to express their own opinion, here's mine: GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!

open source is good and recommended but not at this early stage. when you're asked for open source at this stage, yes, you can be classified as a dumb moron. but chance is you're not dumb, you're asking for a reason.
legendary
Activity: 1288
XC website is a hack job - with cities around the world as a background..Venice = WTFBBQ and a shitty menu on the left that jumps around all over the place.

This was rushed and done by an amateur. The future list looks like a pump and dump hype list. Be realistic.

I'm not the dev, I'm the community manager. The xc source code is not being open sourced for a long time as in years, we don't want clones of xc and people have asked for it not to be open sourced.

If the source code is going to be kept closed for years then i'm afraid we might loose community support. After all crypto is supposed to be open source.

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC.

Moron? that's a bit harsh, I thought I made a valid point, oh well I guess everyone is entitled to express their own opinion, here's mine: GO FUCK YOURSELF!!!
Activity: 81
Merit: 10

All cryptocurrencies have a broadcasting system that allows nodes to communicate transactions to each other. These transactions hang around until a miner solves a block, and then the transactions get written to the blockchain.

For XC's messaging, we use the broadcasting system (a secure encrypted one), but there's no need to also write messages to the blockchain. That'll just make them public and bloat the blockchain.

Wait, so every chat message will be broadcast to every node?

Two things - 1) Is that at all scalable?  2) It might as well be in the blockchain since someone somewhere will just save them all off (encrypted or not).

not 100% sure, and someone correct me if I'm wrong. But the message will be broadcast using multipath, probably encrypted and split up, so no node will be privy to any of the message
legendary
Activity: 1190
To commodify ethicality is to ethicise the market
Some stats on the first paid press release, before the next one goes out:

Number of headline impressions: 308k

Total deliveries to media entities: 3548

The press release will remain online and will continue to rack up impressions. Since it contains a synopsis of XC's tech, all likelihood it'll continue to be quoted for some time.

On to the next!
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
florida.haunted, your brain has been crashed by your ass?
You could say backdoor could be embedded into every computer. So what should you do? fuck your computer? Just remind you, turn off your computer before fucking it and add some lubricating oil at CPU socket. Have your good time.

There is open hardware example:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VIA_OpenBook

There is secure open software example:

http://www.openbsd.org/

I've contacted OpenBSD author personally few months ago, he is an amicable person, not afraid about OpenBSD will be cloned.

P.S. I think, Linux, compiled from sources, on any hardware, is sufficient for our purposes.

Activity: 978
Merit: 250
Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.

Thank you to be honest person here. Respect you.

One last question to all:

Assume I look at this site:

http://chainz.cryptoid.info/xc/#!rich

and found 10 most rich people.

After Rev.2 or Rev.3 have been released at mainnet, I look at that (or similar) site again.

Can I still track top 10 rich people or not?

Yes, you can still track the top 10 addresses (not people) in that list.
Normal transactions from those addresses can still be followed in the blockchain (like a exchange withdraw) but you can't follow the anon transactions comming in or out.
But you will always be able to see there balance. But it is still al to easy for them to split that balance over several addresses.
Activity: 700
Merit: 500
Dan didn't make the website. Also, sorry decision has been made and it's not changing.

After Rev.2 or Rev.3 have been released at mainnet, I look at that (or similar) site again.

off course not you will just need to send your coins to another wallet trough the anonimazing feature. I think this can be done right now with REV 1.5 as well noone could crack that REV yet. You will see still the address with the coins on it but there will be no link between the address and the Holder.
legendary
Activity: 1764

you moron is talking nonsense. i bet if XC is releasing their code today there will be 100 XC alike tomorrow, yes, tomorrow and all will claimed it's their own code. at this stage is best to have closed source code, for now. it's seem decentralized anon cryptos is very very hot right now and none have it, other then XC. open source is good and recommended but not at this early stage.
Activity: 966
Merit: 550

On the contrary. A large part of the community are investors. What enticed them to invest in the first place is the market leading capabilities / fundamentals of the XC platform, handing this over to the competition in these early stages is a sure way to lose investor trust. I agree to your notion of crypto being open source to some extent, but it is a very idealistic view that the majority of people involved in crypto does so out of sheer idealist motives as apposed to the prospect of monetary gains. However the fact that XC does not reveal an essential part of their technical infrastructure does not oppose the general idea of crypto; being free from banks or other middlemen that capitalize on our need to engage in (international) financial transactions. The decentralized aspect of XC resonates with the idealism of crypto being open source, for it is open to everyone to use, without the need to compromise it's technical advantage over the competition, either being other cryptocurrencies or more established methods of payment such as Paypal.

Although after the XC platform's fundamentals have come into full fruition and when we have reached first mover advantage and have consolidated this position, we could consider helping other currencies with implementing parts of our industry leading infrastructure.
legendary
legendary
[abusive remarks removed]

I agree. Our official statement on this indicates that we'll release code on a delayed timeline, not all at once in the distant future.

Dan in particular prizes collaboration and sharing resources, and the way he engages other developers behind the scenes to implement aspects of the code is testament to this.

We will issue a fuller statement very roughly around the time of Rev 3 as to when/how we'll release the source code. For now though, here's our statement:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Agreed, it should be released in few months and a piece at at time, I think this way we keep the integrity of XC and we don't loose the community.

Indeed. Community is vital, as is sharing valuable knowledge. We don't own the world. We can only be of benefit to it and to others.

Activity: 420
Merit: 250

All cryptocurrencies have a broadcasting system that allows nodes to communicate transactions to each other. These transactions hang around until a miner solves a block, and then the transactions get written to the blockchain.

For XC's messaging, we use the broadcasting system (a secure encrypted one), but there's no need to also write messages to the blockchain. That'll just make them public and bloat the blockchain.

Wait, so every chat message will be broadcast to every node?

Two things - 1) Is that at all scalable?  2) It might as well be in the blockchain since someone somewhere will just save them all off (encrypted or not).

legendary
Activity: 1288

I agree. Our official statement on this indicates that we'll release code on a delayed timeline, not all at once in the distant future.

Dan in particular prizes collaboration and sharing resources, and the way he engages other developers behind the scenes to implement aspects of the code is testament to this.

We will issue a fuller statement on when/how we'll release the source code very roughly around the time of Rev 3. For now though, here's our statement:

XC is committed to the open source model. Open source code is vital for the health and advancement of cryptographic technologies, and it is a privilege to share our technical breakthroughs with a community such as this. We believe that XC's code embodies several world-firsts enabling anonymity that is scalable, mobile-friendly, POS-integrated, and is ultimately a platform upon which a broad range of Blockchain 2.0 technologies will be built. However we have been under severe attack from competing projects. Furthermore people’s faith in altcoins is significantly hindered by clones. Therefore we believe that the ethical way to engage with the community is to make code available on a delayed timeline. This way, the community will still benefit from our work, while we'd reduce the incentive for developers to flood the marketplace with clones that lack a long term future and reduce the trustworthiness of the altcoin phenomenon. XC represents several market-leading innovations, and we are honoured to make these available to the community in the near future.

Agreed, it should be released in few months and a piece at at time, I think this way we keep the integrity of XC and we don't loose the community.
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
Activity: 243
Merit: 125

XC
legendary

We will issue a fuller statement very roughly around the time of Rev 3 as to when/how we'll release the source code . For now though, here's our statement:

XC

Sorry I thought you are Dan, the main dev.

We have just seen design of

http://www.xc-official.com/

and we are afraid XC source is the same by design.

Also we afraid, whether in critical situation, Dan can easily embed backdoor into XC under a FBI pressure. He is a good man, but he is just a good man with family and children...

So for years, as you mentioned, nobody guarantees our own anonymity.

florida.haunted, your brain has been crashed by your ass?
You could say backdoor could be embedded into every computer. So what should you do? fuck your computer? Just remind you, turn off your computer before fucking it and add some lubricating oil at CPU socket. Have your good time.

You re-send that message you where talking about? Also send you a pm Cheesy
Jump to: