Pages:
Author

Topic: XMOS - Light Weight Linux Base ETH Mining OS - Optimal for Nvidia GPU V2.0 - page 5. (Read 21550 times)

Activity: 301
Merit: 251
I cant boot xma from my usb. I just get the error below and then a blank screen. I do have only one asus 1060 oc card on my pci slot.
Checked dhcp, however no new ip discovered from DHCP.

Hi Trimqemali,

You can press Control + Alt + F1 for login.
User id:- prospector
Pass:- letmein3061

please run command ifconfig to check network connection,
Ip address also showing they..

Happy Mining.. ^_^

I managed to login now .. Thanks ... however i do have very low hash rate. My Asus 1060 wont go more then 3.9 MHs,
CPU TEMP:- 30
System Uptime:- 35 minutes
GPUS Installed:- 1 Pcs
name, power.draw [W], fan.speed [%], temperature.gpu, clocks.current.video [MHz], clocks.current.memory [MHz]
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 31.93 W, 88 %, 32, 569 MHz, 810 MHz

And here is my config:
NV_OC="1"     # "1" Enable Nvidia Overclock, "0" Disable Nvidia Overclock
OC_MODE="2"   # "1" Enable Auto Overclock, "2" Manual Overclock Setting, "3" Fo$

NV_WATT="-90"
NV_CLOCK="-180"
NV_MEM="-1450"
NV_FAN="88"

Also on AUTO i do get the same POWER and HASHRATE... my card is powerfull isnt it ?

The watts and mhz look way to low. Check your PSU and riser cables. Somethings wrong.
Try running claymore miner for a comparison to see if its the card or the miner config.
My 1060 3gbs get about 19 mhs with no modding at all.
Also that nv-mem you can boost to 4000+
So maybe try that ( a little at a time)

Activity: 5
Merit: 0
I cant boot xma from my usb. I just get the error below and then a blank screen. I do have only one asus 1060 oc card on my pci slot.

https://ibb.co/fKME1G

Hi Trimqemali,

Happy Mining.. ^_^

I managed to login now .. Thanks ... however i do have very low hash rate. My Asus 1060 wont go more then 3.9 MHs,
CPU TEMP:- 30
System Uptime:- 35 minutes
GPUS Installed:- 1 Pcs
name, power.draw [W], fan.speed [%], temperature.gpu, clocks.current.video [MHz], clocks.current.memory [MHz]
GeForce GTX 1060 6GB, 31.93 W, 88 %, 32, 569 MHz, 810 MHz

And here is my config:
NV_OC="1"     # "1" Enable Nvidia Overclock, "0" Disable Nvidia Overclock
OC_MODE="2"   # "1" Enable Auto Overclock, "2" Manual Overclock Setting, "3" Fo$

NV_WATT="-90"
NV_CLOCK="-180"
NV_MEM="-1450"
NV_FAN="88"

Also on AUTO i do get the same POWER and HASHRATE... my card is powerfull isnt it ?

Activity: 63
I have a crazy idea, can XMOS run on xbox Huh?
thanks Ros

You can download and have a try and let me know the result...
Hi,

This seems great I am waiting for my 1070's to be delivered this week. Just one question do you have plans for dual mining on this OS?

Chris

Hi gcvanasel,

Thank You for give me a try. Nvidia GTX 1070 is a good GPU for Mining use.

Please ket me know the result soon..

Happy Mining... ^_^

Hi Trimqemali,

Happy Mining.. ^_^

Activity: 5

Activity: 154
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Hi jthor,

Finally you make it work...  Grin Grin

For your information, mixing AMD and Nvidia GPU on current release still got some small issue.

I will come out a new release ASAP. I am testing it right now.

After stable i will release it..
I can get 30MH/s for my RX470 4GB Samsnung memory.  Grin Grin

Happy Mining ya....

I was trying that on nvidia 1050ti and rx580 with various chipset, samsung chipset is pretty nice on 470.... I got 28 on my 470 with hynix chipset, but i'm not sure if they can pass 30  Sad
Btw, how to stop current mining process while we're on xmos from ssh terminal?

Waiting for the next release, it should be really nice, great job!
Thanks.
very nice work!!!
i tested it for two days,it's works fined when i set the right OC parameter。it's a little more sensitive than windows。if i overlock a litter bit too much(still less than windows) the rig wil autoreboot,but when it's stable,it works perfect. i get more hash and less rejected than windows,and the results came from pool。thanks!!!

bye the way:you need to edit startmine.sh and add -SP 1 manually if you want to mine on f2pool,right now there is no option in xmosconf.

Hi ustcstone,

Thank for the info, i will add this advance options inside "xmosconf" on coming release..

Happy Mining ya ... ^_^
Any luck getting some wifi support?

I might try again in a VM.

Activity: 26
Hi,

This seems great I am waiting for my 1070's to be delivered this week. Just one question do you have plans for dual mining on this OS?

Chris
Activity: 14
nice work!!! thank you.

Looking forward to the next release
Activity: 49
very nice work!!!
i tested it for two days,it's works fined when i set the right OC parameter。it's a little more sensitive than windows。if i overlock a litter bit too much(still less than windows) the rig wil autoreboot,but when it's stable,it works perfect. i get more hash and less rejected than windows,and the results came from pool。thanks!!!

bye the way:you need to edit startmine.sh and add -SP 1 manually if you want to mine on f2pool,right now there is no option in xmosconf.

The command is to detect any (OPENCL) AMD Mining GPU Install on system. If no result that mean don't have any AMD Mining GPU Detected..

for exp:-

If u have 4 GPU install:-
GPU 0 :- RX470
GPU 1 :- GTX 1070
GPU 2 :- GTX 1060
GPU 3 :- RX580

if you run the command, you should have a result ( Just to know the opencl GPU location. easy to configure when running mix card.) Next release will have this function. Can mix any GPU.

Ok dev, these are mine:

but when i query from ethminer, this is the result

thank you.

Edited:
It's finally working, great job dev  Wink
Accidentally i erased overclock section at the conf, that's why the speed is not good, i will make a new fresh image later.

Thanks.

@overcool  "I can get 30MH/s for my RX470 4GB Samsnung memory."

Is that with a modded bios or stock?

I have modded my bios and set timings,etc and I cannot even get that on my 470's

Hurry and get some WiFi support! I wanna try this Smiley

The command is to detect any (OPENCL) AMD Mining GPU Install on system. If no result that mean don't have any AMD Mining GPU Detected..

if you run the command, you should have a result ( Just to know the opencl GPU location. easy to configure when running mix card.) Next release will have this function. Can mix any GPU.

Ok dev, these are mine:

https://i.imgur.com/PhX05D1.png

https://i.imgur.com/n0O1Cc7.png

but when i query from ethminer, this is the result

https://i.imgur.com/onObGaI.png

thank you.

Edited:
It's finally working, great job dev  Wink
Accidentally i erased overclock section at the conf, that's why the speed is not good, i will make a new fresh image later.

Thanks.

https://i.imgur.com/g19lE0I.png

Hi jthor,

Finally you make it work...  Grin Grin

For your information, mixing AMD and Nvidia GPU on current release still got some small issue.

I will come out a new release ASAP. I am testing it right now.

After stable i will release it..
I can get 30MH/s for my RX470 4GB Samsnung memory.  Grin Grin

Happy Mining ya....

Hi jthor,

try press:- Control + Alt + F1

can come to login screen.?

After login type command "ifconfig" , find out the ip address for the rings then connect using putty..

Finally, have to switch to another pc, there must be something wrong with mine.
But i got nothing on my ssh as per picture below, and will try again, could be my risers  Embarrassed

Today I wanted to convert another rig to this OS but SSH was not working.

I looked at my monitor and I saw this:
https://i.imgur.com/vT4fQTU.jpg?1

So it looks like with xterm it's possible to connect a monitor? I don't know why I can see this now, with the other image I don't have this screen. And SSH is not working so I will try it again with another USB stick. But the most ideal situation is to have this on the monitor and also have SSH. That will be a perfect combination.

Hi Bigf00t,

If you see that screen, it should be Network issue, check network connection, or you can connect a keyboard to the ring and type "ifconfig" see what ip address for the ring.

But on the picture i saw 192.168.1.100 is ypour ip address. try connect to that address using ssh.

If still can not please re-image the pen-drive.

Activity: 60
Today I wanted to convert another rig to this OS but SSH was not working.

I looked at my monitor and I saw this:
https://i.imgur.com/vT4fQTU.jpg?1

So it looks like with xterm it's possible to connect a monitor? I don't know why I can see this now, with the other image I don't have this screen. And SSH is not working so I will try it again with another USB stick. But the most ideal situation is to have this on the monitor and also have SSH. That will be a perfect combination.

Hi jthor,

For AMD GPU that flash with custom bios it can run direct with XMOS, no need to flash back the Default Bios.

For Overclock site, all GPU is diffident, please use back your most stable Overclock Setting will do.

For MIX GPU issue, I am trying my best to make it work. Please wait for next release, I already got a idea how to make it work now.
Because XMOS is running multi instance of Ethminer, it can run cuda and opencl together.  

If you have time, can give me output for this command when running XMOS with AMD GPU and Nvidia togather.

~/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer -G --list-devices | grep "Ellesmere\|Vega\|Radeon\|Baffin\|Eclipse\|Nova\|Lexa\|Fiji\|Vesuvius\|Hawaii\|Tonga" | awk '{print $2}' | tr -d '[' | tr -d ']'

TQ very much.

Happy Mining. .. ^_^

Hi Dev,
Sorry, got problem with my pc, i can't boot into the os, will try again and give you the result later on.

Thanks & Regards.

Hi jthor,

try press:- Control + Alt + F1

can come to login screen.?

After login type command "ifconfig" , find out the ip address for the rings then connect using putty..

Finally, have to switch to another pc, there must be something wrong with mine.
But i got nothing on my ssh as per picture below, and will try again, could be my risers  Embarrassed

https://i.imgur.com/qFmdgOV.png

Pages:
Jump to: