Pages:
Author

Topic: XMOS - Light Weight Linux Base ETH Mining OS - Optimal for Nvidia GPU V2.0 - page 7. (Read 21550 times)

Activity: 60
Merit: 0
Hi Bigf00t,

so sorry for late replay.

Here the answer for ur question:-
1. For Monitor and resolution issue, that direct connect to the mining ring, it have a way to enable when startup. But need a lot of step to make it work. Can i know why you need this? Connect using putty is simple, right?
2. for setting like "farm-recheck and other" i will include inside the setting files on next release, for temp now you can do like this:-
    a. run "nano /home/prospector/startminer.sh"
    b. find the line with --farm-recheck 2000 and change it to the figure you want.
    c. use Control x follow by "y" to save it. Restart xmos will take effect.

3. Overclock delay timer is inside the contab, by default Overclock will start 5 min after the system boot up. you can use "crontab -e" to edit it. Make sure you know what you do ya.
4. If you want to try other ethminer version, just replace the "ethminer" file at "/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/" will do. after replace please reboot the system.

If you have a lot stale share, please try disable the stratum proxy. The proxy is not work so well on some Pool. STRATUMPROXY="disable"

Hope i can answer all your question.

Happy Mining... ^_^

1. When it needs a lot of work I think only SSH will be fine.
2. Thank you I will try to change that tonight.
3. Yes I know what I do. I will edit this in the contab.
4. I will try to replace that version.
5. I use the pool etc.ethermine.org and they only support Stratum mode. With other Linux builds and Ethminer it works fine. I will look into the settings.

I'm still a Linux newbie so some things will need some time to figure out. But I like to learn and try Smiley
Activity: 63
Hi Bigf00t,

Thank You for give me a try.
Hope you will like the watchdog function and "un-died" future on XMOS.    Grin
for AMD GPU  overclock and under-volt support will be include in next release.

Happy Mining...

I like this software, but I think it will need some small improvements. It's very easy to setup and is booting super fast.

I have a few questions:
- Is it possible to make an option in the config to auto enable the screen after booting (instead of control + alt + F1)?
- Is there a way to change/set the resolution for the attached screen?
- How do I change the farm-recheck? Maybe it's an idea to add an advance mode in the config for the more experienced users.
- How do I change the overclock delay time? When everything is stable it can directly start after booting. I'd like to see this as an option in the config file too.
- How do I change/overwrite the Ethminer version? I'd like to do some tests with Ethminer 0.12.0rc1.

I hope you keep it clean and simple. Because with this light weight OS you can make the difference comparing to other Linux based OS Smiley

Hi Bigf00t,

so sorry for late replay.

Here the answer for ur question:-
1. For Monitor and resolution issue, that direct connect to the mining ring, it have a way to enable when startup. But need a lot of step to make it work. Can i know why you need this? Connect using putty is simple, right?
2. for setting like "farm-recheck and other" i will include inside the setting files on next release, for temp now you can do like this:-
    a. run "nano /home/prospector/startminer.sh"
    b. find the line with --farm-recheck 2000 and change it to the figure you want.
    c. use Control x follow by "y" to save it. Restart xmos will take effect.

3. Overclock delay timer is inside the contab, by default Overclock will start 5 min after the system boot up. you can use "crontab -e" to edit it. Make sure you know what you do ya.
4. If you want to try other ethminer version, just replace the "ethminer" file at "/home/prospector/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/" will do. after replace please reboot the system.

If you have a lot stale share, please try disable the stratum proxy. The proxy is not work so well on some Pool. STRATUMPROXY="disable"

Hope i can answer all your question.

Happy Mining... ^_^

Hi overcool, did you read my questions and suggestions from last night?

After one night of testing I've got a lot of stale shares (about 11%). Normally it's about 2% or less. I've already tried auto and Gen1 settings on my motherboard. Now testing with Gen2.
github ready so I can give it a try ?

Hi zxcoiu,

Still no time for github, but you can download the image to try it up.

Activity: 34
github ready so I can give it a try ?
Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Got it.
Thanks for the prompt reply overcool..
Dev,

why there is no reported hash rate on my pool stat?
the miner has been running for 15hours.

#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
CPU TEMP:- 37
System Uptime:- 15 hours, 0 minutes
GPUS Installed:- 1 Pcs
name, power.draw [W], fan.speed [%], temperature.gpu, clocks.current.video [MHz], clocks.current.memory [MHz]
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 64.32 W, 85 %, 59, 1493 MHz, 4353 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

[ XMOSambro Uptime: 15h,7m 15.17Mh/s #Miner:1 ] [  0$ top  1$ Miner  2$ Admin  3

https://image.ibb.co/iTenG5/xmos_03.png

Hi goen,

For Hash rate reported function it was disable by default on Ethminer, But it can be enable by request. I will add in this option on next release.
Another tips is:- Most of the people find out "Disable Hash rate reported function" accuracy can get "more share" on pool, because pool no need to know your hash rate.

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/claymores-ethereum-mining-difference-reported-and-pool-hash-1809307

Happy Mining ^_^

Current version of XMOS also can also mine with AMD GPU, AMDpro drive 17.30 already installed, but don't have overclock funtion. All watchdog function was running fine. For AMD GPU, Currently I am using Polarisbios edition to put all the stable setting in, and flash it to the AMD card. It will run direct to that setting, no need to overclock with software any more. Tested on RX470 with core 1250, and memory 2100, it running on 97watt stable with 27MHs.

Hi dev,
Need your clarification before trying. I have rx470 rig which overclocked using bios editor, etc under windows. Before using xmos, do i have to restore the overclock into default?

What about that setting 1250 and 2100, will it be ok on my gpu? I haven't tried to use that timing before, have no idea whether my gpus are capable at that.

One more thing, will it be oke to use mix gpu rig, amd and nvidia? Afaik, ethminer is not working on my mix gpu using -X option, but cmiiw.

Thanks & regards.

Hi jthor,

For AMD GPU that flash with custom bios it can run direct with XMOS, no need to flash back the Default Bios.

For Overclock site, all GPU is diffident, please use back your most stable Overclock Setting will do.

For MIX GPU issue, I am trying my best to make it work. Please wait for next release, I already got a idea how to make it work now.
Because XMOS is running multi instance of Ethminer, it can run cuda and opencl together. 

If you have time, can give me output for this command when running XMOS with AMD GPU and Nvidia togather.

~/ethereum-mining/ethminer/build/ethminer/ethminer -G --list-devices | grep "Ellesmere\|Vega\|Radeon\|Baffin\|Eclipse\|Nova\|Lexa\|Fiji\|Vesuvius\|Hawaii\|Tonga" | awk '{print $2}' | tr -d '[' | tr -d ']'

TQ very much.

Happy Mining. .. ^_^

Activity: 77
Merit: 10
Dev,

why there is no reported hash rate on my pool stat?
the miner has been running for 15hours.

#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
System Uptime:- 15 hours, 0 minutes
name, power.draw [W], fan.speed [%], temperature.gpu, clocks.current.video [MHz], clocks.current.memory [MHz]
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 64.32 W, 85 %, 59, 1493 MHz, 4353 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [15.12Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

[ XMOSambro Uptime: 15h,7m 15.17Mh/s #Miner:1 ] [  0$ top  1$ Miner  2$ Admin  3

Activity: 154
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

Current version of XMOS also can also mine with AMD GPU, AMDpro drive 17.30 already installed, but don't have overclock funtion. All watchdog function was running fine. For AMD GPU, Currently I am using Polarisbios edition to put all the stable setting in, and flash it to the AMD card. It will run direct to that setting, no need to overclock with software any more. Tested on RX470 with core 1250, and memory 2100, it running on 97watt stable with 27MHs.

Hi dev,
Need your clarification before trying. I have rx470 rig which overclocked using bios editor, etc under windows. Before using xmos, do i have to restore the overclock into default?

What about that setting 1250 and 2100, will it be ok on my gpu? I haven't tried to use that timing before, have no idea whether my gpus are capable at that.

One more thing, will it be oke to use mix gpu rig, amd and nvidia? Afaik, ethminer is not working on my mix gpu using -X option, but cmiiw.

Thanks & regards.
Hi Bigf00t,

Happy Mining...

I like this software, but I think it will need some small improvements. It's very easy to setup and is booting super fast.

I have a few questions:
- Is it possible to make an option in the config to auto enable the screen after booting (instead of control + alt + F1)?
- Is there a way to change/set the resolution for the attached screen?
- How do I change the farm-recheck? Maybe it's an idea to add an advance mode in the config for the more experienced users.
- How do I change the overclock delay time? When everything is stable it can directly start after booting. I'd like to see this as an option in the config file too.
- How do I change/overwrite the Ethminer version? I'd like to do some tests with Ethminer 0.12.0rc1.

I hope you keep it clean and simple. Because with this light weight OS you can make the difference comparing to other Linux based OS Smiley
I could see running something like this on a pi at the end of an isle of rigs or something.Might want to change the theme a bit but still pretty good.

Hi georgekkenney,

You want to use a pi to control multiple of miner? I think it can be done..
Still no race is there in which XMOS faced defeat.

Give it a try and you should know...
Activity: 84
Still no race is there in which XMOS faced defeat.
This looks nice. I will try it tonight on my test rig.

I am now using nvOC, but at this moment I am mining mostly Ethash and this XMOS looks very light weight.

Are there any plans to make an AMD supported version with overclock and undervolt options?

Hi Bigf00t,

Happy Mining...
Activity: 82
I could see running something like this on a pi at the end of an isle of rigs or something.Might want to change the theme a bit but still pretty good.
This looks nice. I will try it tonight on my test rig.

I am now using nvOC, but at this moment I am mining mostly Ethash and this XMOS looks very light weight.

Are there any plans to make an AMD supported version with overclock and undervolt options?
Hi Overcool..

I just wanted to say thank you..

The watch dog feature is awesome.. Currently mining with 22 gtx 1060's

I was using Cyclenerd's miner (he did a great job with this) for about a month.. I'm happy your were able fork it.

Again, thanks for the features.. I hope to test out the AMD cards soon.

Here's a screen of the miners..
https://ibb.co/iSGDpQ

Hi Elite.Coin,

Tq for me a try,

Hope you will like the OS.

Got time can try it up...

Happy mining ... ^_^
Activity: 3
Hi Overcool..

I just wanted to say thank you..

The watch dog feature is awesome.. Currently mining with 22 gtx 1060's

I was using Cyclenerd's miner (he did a great job with this) for about a month.. I'm happy your were able fork it.

Again, thanks for the features.. I hope to test out the AMD cards soon.

Here's a screen of the miners..
https://ibb.co/iSGDpQ
overcool,

my second attemp of XMOS experiment today is to play with the OC.
it turn that OC clock speed is raising slowly.
at the first 3-5 minutes of mining, the speed is still at stock speed.
after 10 min it reach the peak but sometimes drift to lower speed a little bit.
maybe the system got a little hot i guess.
tried with single gtx1050ti OC version. drawing 105W from wall.

is there any monitoring software (client).
i need to be alerted when a miner is off or the rig is hang so i can check it immediately.
sound alarm on a monitoring client is the best notif in my scenario.
plus an email notif it will be perfect.

one question about this OS, how can i restart the miner only, without reboot the whole system?
i need to restart the miner after change the conf.

third experiment is to run 6-12 gpus in a single rig.

btw nice OS gan,

after 12 minutes
#192.168.0.62 [14.97Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
System Uptime:- 12 minutes
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 63.26 W, 85 %, 55, 1455 MHz, 4303 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [14.96Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

after 22 minutes
#192.168.0.62 [14.94Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
System Uptime:- 22 minutes
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 63.24 W, 85 %, 55, 1455 MHz, 4303 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [14.90Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

after 25minutes
#192.168.0.62 [14.77Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
System Uptime:- 25 minutes
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 63.25 W, 85 %, 55, 1455 MHz, 4303 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [14.77Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

after 32 minutes
#192.168.0.62 [14.94Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]# gstatus
System Uptime:- 32 minutes
GeForce GTX 1050 Ti, 63.25 W, 85 %, 55, 1455 MHz, 4303 MHz
#192.168.0.62 [14.94Mh/s] [/home/prospector ]#

Hi goen,

TQ for the update.

Here the answer for ur question.

1. The system will auto apply the Overclock setting, 5 min after the system boot up.
2. For system monitor and alert system still on development. But currently the system won't hang.
 Because:- 1. When any GPU hang, the system will auto reboot. (Hard reboot).
                 2. If miner hang (No job for 5 min), it will kill the miner and start it agian.
3. After u change the conf, if only related to OC setting, you just need to use nvoc command to reapply the overclock setting. Command to close miner I will include in next release. Currently u can try like this:-
Use:- sudo killall ethermine<0-11>
Base on which GPU you want to close the miner.
Each GPU running on it own miner.
Please take notes, after the miner been kill, it will auto start back after 5 min. (No job)
To manually start back the miner use command  like this:-
/home/prospector/runlog/miner/startminer<0-11>.sh

Please try it up.

Happy mining.. TQ for try my OS.
Pages:
Jump to: