Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 23. (Read 90793 times)

Activity: 1120
Merit: 131
I'll plug my last HD6950 into a real rig on Win 8.1 to be able to test, i got too many bad feedbacks about the HD6000 mining, and i want to support them, even if i'll probably get negligible fees from them Sad

the no-monitor option is still good to have, and was easy to add.
I'll post my real HR when I reach the 1st hour of mining.
it should be lower (stale shares and fees) and 1 hour is too short to have the HR converge to its mathematical average, unless you use very small diff like 1000. But the b-sync provided extra speed in all my tests, even on older cards. I reached 480+ (v8) and 430+ (heavy) on my HD7950 for the first time. On CN-classic just for fun, i got 572, just a little under Claymore v9.7 which gave 578. It took me one year but I finally almost reached back its speed. Too late.

Are we supposed to keep the same instensity ?
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
I'll plug my last HD6950 into a real rig on Win 8.1 to be able to test, i got too many bad feedbacks about the HD6000 mining, and i want to support them, even if i'll probably get negligible fees from them Sad

the no-monitor option is still good to have, and was easy to add.
it should be lower (stale shares and fees) and 1 hour is too short to have the HR converge to its mathematical average, unless you use very small diff like 1000. But the b-sync provided extra speed in all my tests, even on older cards. I reached 480+ (v8) and 430+ (heavy) on my HD7950 for the first time. On CN-classic just for fun, i got 572, just a little under Claymore v9.7 which gave 578. It took me one year but I finally almost reached back its speed. Too late.
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
good, this time i'm on the good way, and that's probably the same as srb found. i released first so no question whether i hacked it.
i think i found the locked thread bug, i'll release a fix soon, i wait for more feedback from other users (unless i really have three).
Yes, one of GPU stops to mine... 3rd time it happens...
forget the b7 and try the new experimental (read: very untested) B-sync GPU
That's the lone .exe in the github page.

1. Stable and fast hashrate
2. new parameter --no-monitor to disable fan/temp monitoring (the purple report)
3. various optims for some cards and some algos, expect about +0.5%
4. Fees still 0.9%

so far it burns like fire on my rigs, i hope it really fixes all the hashrate and warmup problems.

Oh F*CK THAT'S FAST !!!!!!

Declared HR on start is almost 3700H/s, with B7 and very same parameters I have 3450H/s after full warm-up (max was 3550 just for once)

Could your next step be trying to lower the power drawn on CN V8 ? It's 100W more than with other algos, which makes this algo the more expensive by far (can't talk about profitability right now...).
good, this time i'm on the good way, and that's probably the same as srb found. i released first so no question whether i hacked it.
i think i found the locked thread bug, i'll release a fix soon, i wait for more feedback from other users (unless i really have three).

2. new parameter --no-monitor to disable fan/temp monitoring (the purple report)
4. Fees still 0.9%

so far it burns like fire on my rigs, i hope it really fixes all the hashrate and warmup problems.
Thanks! Now testing new version.

EDIT: It's strange, but one of my RX 580 8Gb just stops sometime to mine. Speed is 0, voltage and clocks on minimum state. It's not stuck, just stopped...

Warmup phase is still needed. On my 580 cards max speed didn't archived after start...
Activity: 176
Merit: 2

4. Fees still 0.9%

testing about 5 min, from start until 5 min 8 GPU RX 580 8GB always reach max hashrate, really great.

Edit: testing with --no-warmup param also give max hashrate, so no warm up needed anymore.

4. Fees still 0.9%

Here we go for B7. Start is better than B6, less frequency swings.

I'll update tomorrow.

With B6 I had 3300H/s average for 24Hs (heavy / Haven). 4 RX574.
sure i'll make a new experimental for both of you, the sync for Unclwish and a param --no-monitor to disable the gpu monitoring (similar to --no-adl in xmrstak)

the power draw on v8 is an order of magnitude more complex to fix than the sync, i admit TeamRed will be very hard to beat, but i think i know how.
Would you be able to do it on b4? b-x, b-y and b-z are more prone to the crashing issue. On b4 I can mine for about 12h. On b-z sometimes can manage calculate only one share accepted (about 5min) before the crash.
Did you tried b7 version?
sure i'll make a new experimental for both of you, the sync for Unclwish and a param --no-monitor to disable the gpu monitoring (similar to --no-adl in xmrstak)

the power draw on v8 is an order of magnitude more complex to fix than the sync, i admit TeamRed will be very hard to beat, but i think i know how.
@unclwish: i'm getting pretty good results on the new-new-new sync, an experimental release is possible in less than a day. I give up my hybrid option, i'll make it automatic (enabled on HD7000/6000, disabled otherwise)
Excellent! I'm waiting to test it!
And what about v8 high power draw? You wrote that you have thoughts to lower it...
You're welcome
I have no clue what latin is?

His advice is good too: when stored in a directory with exotic characters (russian, asian...) JCE may fail to start. Latin is the technical name given to the normal A-to-Z letters, and by extension, to the 0-to-9 digits. Sometimes it's called 8.3, like the old DOS standard for filenames.
So c:\computer is a correct name, c:\pacчeтa is not.

@unclwish: i'm getting pretty good results on the new-new-new sync, an experimental release is possible in less than a day. I give up my hybrid option, i'll make it automatic (enabled on HD7000/6000, disabled otherwise)
Please, take a look at the doc:

https://github.com/jceminer/cn_gpu_miner/blob/master/README.md#troubleshooting

Q. I get error D:\qb\workspace\19992\src\vpg-compute-neo\runtime\os_interface\windows\wddm.cpp
Intel GPUs are now enabled among AMD GPUs, ensure you're not applying a previous AMD configuration to an Intel GPU

Online is the 0.33b7 GPU

This is a compilation of various fixes and optims from the b-z and the 0.33g CPU. It should be slightly faster on most GPUs and supports CN-Dark and CN-FreeHaven. And it officializes the revert to low-fee 0.9% (which are no longer in the doc). The b-z is hence removed.

Those who experienced bad perfs on old cards (HD7000, 6000) take a look it may be better. I now have an average of 426 h/s on my HD7950 on Heavy while on b-z the peak was 423.

It does not contain the hashrate instability fix yet, I still have to test it more. Looks like doktor faces the same problem and found a solution, probably the same too. So same answer: more tests to do, release planned in a few days.
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Hey Dev,

Code:
Abort was called at 767 line in file:
D:\qb\workspace\19992\src\vpg-compute-neo\runtime\os_interface\windows\wddm.cpp

I have no clue !!

Cards : Vega 64
Windows : 10
Driver : 18.6.1
JCE : b6 version
Use directory with miner on path only with latin symbols...

I have no clue what latin is?
The path shown above isnt the path of miner.
The miner is plain on the desktop
My PC doesn't even have a "d:"
Hey Dev,

Code:

I have no clue !!

Use directory with miner on path only with latin symbols...
Activity: 204
Merit: 10
Hey Dev,

Code:

I have no clue !!

a new version? sure, here's the

0.33g CPU Linux re-release
Fixed JSON timer
FreeHaven coin correctly defaults to FreeHaven fork

then I go back to GPU sync fixes.

ok but where is GPU version with lower fee?

Srb miner have better HR and smaller devfee on all algo (no in v8)
JCE x-y version have 0,9% devfee on all GPU algo's.

Hmmm, looks llike doctor83 can do that:
"Ok, so looks like i finally resolved the ellesmere 8gb heavy algos thing.
Now they easily hash over 1.1khs.

New version in a few days"
Activity: 417
Merit: 0
a new version? sure, here's the

0.33g CPU Linux re-release
Fixed JSON timer
FreeHaven coin correctly defaults to FreeHaven fork

then I go back to GPU sync fixes.

ok but where is GPU version with lower fee?

Srb miner have better HR and smaller devfee on all algo (no in v8)
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
We need this awesome miner (GPU version) for Linux NOW!=)  haha I have hive rig w8ing to get this Sw on them Wink
Pages:
Jump to: