Pages:
Author

Topic: [XMR] JCE Miner Cryptonight/forks, now with GPU! - page 25. (Read 90822 times)

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

I'm become crazy , i've 3 PC and ALL Crash, with 14.4 driver and 6950HD, i've allready post my config.
Could u help me ? i'm very glad to fee you my hash Smiley

I must use this 14.4 driver with your miner ?  i'm the only one who have problem with 6950. Huh
You must have Windows 8.1+. What config you're using? What amount of video memory your cards have? And what algo you what to mine?
[/quote]

Yes i'm on W8.1
My 6950 got 2Gb ram
I'm mining V8 cryptonight the lastest fork ...

So, it's hash a little now, my config parameters sucks.

I'm testing on 33B6 and with this "jce_cn_gpu_miner64.exe   Experimental boost ~2% for HD6000/7000"

I've try a lot of parameters, but get not more than  100/113 h/s   Cry

It's crash when i up "multi_hash" value more than 240

That's the best result i can get with this config

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "index" : 0, "multi_hash":240},

],

if i try Worksize 16/32 i can't UP than 240 thread.

Did u have some values i can try ? because i've  try a lot of combination but can't reach more hashrate, driver crash.

i didn't understand whats that 2 values (alpha" : 64, "beta" :  8 ) ?

The most curious it was, if i didn't OC my card like @910/1250 driver crash instantanetly when i start miner.
in 800/1250 or 830/1250 driver crash. With all same values in config.txt . Wtf hell !!!  Roll Eyes Undecided

I've try on each card on different PC (don't have a rig) 3 different PC.
Thx for helping. Smiley
Activity: 33
I've a new idea to workaround this, and using the hybrid as a side-effect is a failure, hence why I stayed on the experimental version until I succedded or gave up. Need a new cycle of trial-and-error.

Online is the 0.33g CPU Windows (linux to come next)

CN-FreeHaven fork
MoneroOcean feature "algo_perf" available
Updated doc

there were critical errors in the jsonstak logs
here's the log after 2 minutes of work

{"version":"jce/0.33g/cpu","hashrate":{"threads":[[21.0,21.0,21.0],[21.4,21.4,21.4]],"total":[42.4,42.4,42.4],"highest":42.9},"results":{"diff_current":500,"shares_good":6,"shares_total":6,"avg_time":257202032.0,"hashes_total":4689,"best":[106400,2201,2078,994,845,558,0,0,0,0],"error_log":[]},"connection":{"pool": "xmr.pool.minergate.com:45700","uptime":1543212192,"ping":79,"error_log":[]}}
Activity: 6
I don't know if you guys can help me but I currently have a problem with my rig where I can't get the second GPU to get past 590 h/s

Rig is as follows:
2x 290
1x 390
1x470
FX 6300
8GB DDR3
Currently using :jce_cn_gpu_miner.033b3
Tested:jce_cn_gpu_miner.033b4 (same perf)

drivers: 18.9.3 (have tried 18.5.1 but it made no difference)

I have tried different intensity's and switching GPU's around but that's either made the hashrate worse or no change. Below is my current config
Code:

"cpu_threads_conf" :
[
     { "cpu_architecture" : "bulldozer", "affine_to_cpu" : 0, "use_cache" : true },
],

"gpu_threads_conf" :
[
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 0, "multi_hash":800 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 0, "multi_hash":800 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 1, "multi_hash":448 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 1, "multi_hash":448 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 2, "multi_hash":560 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 2, "multi_hash":560 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 3, "multi_hash":800 },
     { "mode" : "GPU", "worksize" : 8, "alpha" : 64, "beta" : 8, "gamma" : 4, "delta" : 4, "epsilon" : 4, "zeta" : 4,"index" : 3, "multi_hash":800 },

],

Hashing speed:

R9 390= 782-714 h/s
R9 290= 556-540 h/s
R9 290= 720-699 h/s
RX 470= 840-820 h/s

Total Speed:2930-3118 h/s

Mining: stellite

P.S are my RX 470 speeds okay ? it seems that it should be a bit faster
Activity: 350
Merit: 22
this is the normal behavior of JCE from day one, take a look at the doc i explain it.
the child process should suicide when the parent one is killed, but i admit i didn't test this at every release, there may be a regression, i'll re-check.

this is the same for the gpu version.

edit: while it still works with normal run, the --elevate and --elevate-and-quit modes no longer suicide the child process, you're right there's a regression out there, i'll fix it asap, it's quite easy and reproducible.
Activity: 200
Merit: 3
I am trying to include your miner into www.multipoolminer.io.

There is an issue with the CPU version.

I start the miner by command line and retrieve the process id of the miner (so I can later kill the process to switch to another miner):

Code:
jce_cn_cpu_miner64.exe --no-gpu --auto --variation 15 -o stratum+tcp://cryptonightv8.eu.nicehash.com:3367 -u *********************************.multipoolminer -p x --nicehash --mport 4003 --no-warmup --low

Now here's where the problem starts.
JCEMiner for some reason spawns another process 'Attrib.exe' with a different process id which is doing the actual mining. Why this fake name?

How can I start your miner so that the miner stops when I kill the parent process?
Activity: 1484
Merit: 253
I've a new idea to workaround this, and using the hybrid as a side-effect is a failure, hence why I stayed on the experimental version until I succedded or gave up. Need a new cycle of trial-and-error.

CN-FreeHaven fork
Updated doc
Good! And think please about lowering power consumption on v8 algo...

CN-FreeHaven fork
Updated doc
it's an idea, but as a workaround. I really want to have the hashrate just stable, with no tricks involved.
Once i'm done with the new CPU version i go back to this problem as top priority.

Hey JCE

I figured out a manual fix to get those rx 580 cards to hash at max speeds on Heavy and be stable, any time i see one that has lost the max speed, i pause/unpause 4 times each (8 button pushes) in quick succession and the card comes back to maximum speed.  May be something like this can be coded into the miner?
Test it on RX 580 8G - miner launched 5+ hours. 1st Gpu runs at full speed, 2nd speed drops. Tried your method on 2nd GPU - speed didn't changes.
EDIT: Yes, sometimes it works... But not everytime...
Activity: 417
Merit: 105
it's an idea, but as a workaround. I really want to have the hashrate just stable, with no tricks involved.
Once i'm done with the new CPU version i go back to this problem as top priority.

Hey JCE

I figured out a manual fix to get those rx 580 cards to hash at max speeds on Heavy and be stable, any time i see one that has lost the max speed, i pause/unpause 4 times each (8 button pushes) in quick succession and the card comes back to maximum speed.  May be something like this can be coded into the miner?
Activity: 340
Merit: 29
the b5 and above are to be faster than the b4, but suffer from the hashrate instability problem. It really depends on your config. UnclWish is my most annoying user, so when it says there's an improvement, there is.
I'm preparing the b7 with (yet another) stability fix for Heavy hashrate, but i'll release a new CPU version before.

Unclwish report on b-z is what I expected: restored speed on RX/Vega but the stability bug remains. I still advise it as it has lower fees than b5 and b6. It also has a light improvement over b-y on Tahiti and Pitcairn GPU on v8 (~0.4%).

so next will be 0.33g CPU with:
* more MoneroOcean features
* Cryptonight FreeHaven

Cryptonight-Fest happens to be the exact same as Cryptonight-Arto, that i support for a long time. I'll just update the doc, but there's no new code out there.

@JCE-Miner - I honestly have been experiencing these h/r inconsistencies at startup since before 33, but the watchdog is a great way to deal w/ them.  A configurable delay on the watchdog (from startup) would be a great intermediate solution to these problems (5 min is too short in many cases)
the b5 and above are to be faster than the b4, but suffer from the hashrate instability problem. It really depends on your config. UnclWish is my most annoying user, so when it says there's an improvement, there is.
I'm preparing the b7 with (yet another) stability fix for Heavy hashrate, but i'll release a new CPU version before.

Unclwish report on b-z is what I expected: restored speed on RX/Vega but the stability bug remains. I still advise it as it has lower fees than b5 and b6. It also has a light improvement over b-y on Tahiti and Pitcairn GPU on v8 (~0.4%).

so next will be 0.33g CPU with:
* more MoneroOcean features
* Cryptonight FreeHaven

Cryptonight-Fest happens to be the exact same as Cryptonight-Arto, that i support for a long time. I'll just update the doc, but there's no new code out there.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10
the logs are disabled by default, but in such case there would probably be zero hint in the log.

Online is the 0.33 GPU B-Z

Like b-y but more of the same:
* Still more hybrid
* Mix of the b5 and the by
* Fees still at 0.9%

So speed on big RX is not restored?
Speed on RX 588 is high and not stable. But from all previous versions speed is maximum(like b5) and most stable when mining lasts long time...
Who used b5 version - recommend to change it to b-z.

b5 was never able to get higher effective hashrate than b4 and q versions on the long term, I don't think you did your testing right. Since we're on this subject of bx versions, since b4, stability degraded. On b4 I found each morning 1 or 2 rigs would go offline, those work right with q version for example.
the logs are disabled by default, but in such case there would probably be zero hint in the log.

* Still more hybrid
* Fees still at 0.9%

Speed on RX 588 is high and not stable. But from all previous versions speed is maximum(like b5) and most stable when mining lasts long time...
Who used b5 version - recommend to change it to b-z.
Activity: 161
Merit: 10

* Still more hybrid
* Fees still at 0.9%

* Still more hybrid
* Fees still at 0.9%
Activity: 108
Merit: 11
JCE CPU miner crashed on me last night for the first time ever. I have no idea why either no logging!
i'll release a b-z (the last experimental since i'm running out of letters) with restored speed on big RX/Vega and then an official b7, both with 0.9% fees.

zero fanspeed/temp : i got this bug reported several time but i couldn't reproduce it yet, so it's hard to fix. I'll take a new look for a quick win in case it's easy.

stuck hd6950: if it gets stuck with any miner, it may be a PSU problem, the PSU not affording the needed power.

speed on HD6000: if we do the maths, speed ~280/hs for a multi_hash of 864 means each round takes a huge ~3.5s, so you can get a lot of stale shares. The CPU otherwise does each round in a split second, so it may be normal you get a lower effective hashrate in such case. Try with a  very low fixed diff and/or a pool with less aggressive job renewal (xmrpool.eu may be a good candidate, and Nicehash the worst one).
JCE, can you make 33b5 version with devfee 0.9%? b5 looks best on heavy for my 588 cards... better b-y version...
On b5 speed fluctuations some time drops speed - and some time up it. On b-y version after 10-15 minutes speed srops and never up...

Online is the 0.33b-y

* A lot less tested than a regular version, i hope there's no bugs out there
* Fees lowered back to 0.9% on all algos, as I'm no longer 20% faster than the reference code
* More hybrid, so should eat a bit more CPU
* Bad shares on Heavy fixed, at least i had zero during my 5-hour test session
* Light optim ~2% for HD7000 is backported to HD6000
* It was more stable on my rig, but i'm doubting of such observations Cry

That's the standalone .exe on Github, as for the previous b-x

I'm become crazy , i've 3 PC and ALL Crash, with 14.4 driver and 6950HD, i've allready post my config.
Could u help me ? i'm very glad to fee you my hash Smiley

I must use this 14.4 driver with your miner ?  i'm the only one who have problem with 6950. Huh
You must have Windows 8.1+. What config you're using? What amount of video memory your cards have? And what algo you what to mine?
Pages:
Jump to: