Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1072. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
Is it true that the devs have no plan to develop an "official" gui? I think i remember reading that some where or hearing someone say something to this effect but i don't remember where.

No, they are developing an official GUI.

See here for a road map of development goals: http://getmonero.org/design-goals/

hey thanks for that link
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

We have been "moving away from Bitcointalk" since Oct '14?   Tongue

Can we take this out?  If it hasn't happened yet, it ain't gonna.
Note the use of progressive tense. Notice that announcements are not published here, for instance.

I did note the progressive tense, hence the phrase "since Oct '14."

Announcements are most certainly published here, albeit not initially.

Despite that, 66% of the discussion takes place here, 33% on IRC, and 1% on Reddit or the Official Forum (whatever/where ever that is this month).

You claim the progressive tense, but without any actual progress to justify that use.   Wink

Pumping the Potemkin forum with exclusive announcements, only to be met there with silence, emphasizes my point.
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team

We have been "moving away from Bitcointalk" since Oct '14?   Tongue

Can we take this out?  If it hasn't happened yet, it ain't gonna.
Note the use of progressive tense. Notice that announcements are not published here, for instance.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.

We have been "moving away from Bitcointalk" since Oct '14?   Tongue

Can we take this out?  If it hasn't happened yet, it ain't gonna.
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
3. Not everything needs to be in a blockchain, and not everything can be decentralised with our current level of technological advancement. The Monero core team won't crowbar decentralisation into everything unecessarily, especially when it has potentially disastrous results.

I herd monero is centralized, is it true?

Listen to the missive and you will understand. fluffypony is talking about tippero a service that is built on top of Monero.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Its so cool. You can enter your mymonero account using only the first 3 words of your 13 words list. For instance :

nanny inquest nimbly amused because inwardly ambush lipstick rage bailed umbrella howls ambush

Type :

nan inq nim amu bec inw amb lip rag bal umb how amb

And it will work ! You can even use this trick to make up your own story so you remember the words more easily.

Not all languages have a unique prefix of 3, though:)
Activity: 723
Its so cool. You can enter your mymonero account using only the first 3 words of your 13 words list. For instance :

nanny inquest nimbly amused because inwardly ambush lipstick rage bailed umbrella howls ambush

Type :

nan inq nim amu bec inw amb lip rag bal umb how amb

And it will work ! You can even use this trick to make up your own story so you remember the words more easily.
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
3. Not everything needs to be in a blockchain, and not everything can be decentralised with our current level of technological advancement. The Monero core team won't crowbar decentralisation into everything unecessarily, especially when it has potentially disastrous results.

Centralised like a reindeer, yo!

Centralized like a mesh network. Smiley
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

Centralised like a reindeer, yo!
Activity: 658
Monero Core Team
Does this mean windows binaries for the Drooling Masses©?
Yes and no.
Yes, because DB will be simple to implement for mainstream machines (Windows), even (God forbids) Win XP.
No, because Drooling Masses wants Dat Fucking Official GUI wallet.
(and re-no because Drooling Masses don't even get Bitcoin yet but that's another story)
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Thanks for the new missives guys!

http://getmonero.org/2015/03/16/monero-missive-for-the-week-of-2015-03-16.html

Database....is it true?

"Initial DB merge is about a week away."

Does this mean windows binaries for the Drooling Masses©?
Activity: 966
Merit: 1003

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000

Database....is it true?

OK, database is one thing but this is what truly counts for me:

Man, we've been talking for years about it for BTC. In my way of thinking, XMR seems to gain a rightful position of the most "user friendly" dev team. Great job!

Slow and steady wins the race!
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1002
Strange, yet attractive.

Database....is it true?

OK, database is one thing but this is what truly counts for me:

Man, we've been talking for years about it for BTC. In my way of thinking, XMR seems to gain a rightful position of the most "user friendly" dev team. Great job!
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
XMR should be at LiteBit.eu (https://www.litebit.eu/), they sell altcoins for FIAT currency (USD, Euro, Pounds).
It's a legal and registered company in the Netherlands.

Two or three people should contact them today (contact field & email) ask friendly. And then we see what they respond and how we can work on this.

I wrote them a little piece, thanks for the information.

I have yet to receive an answer from them. Maybe more people need to give it a shot.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
If Satoshi were still in crypto, he'd be working on xmr

Kiss

who says he's out? who says he isn't? ( is it true? ) sorry i couldn't resist.

who says it's a he? Not she, or them? Smiley

ok rephrase:
If Satoshi's still in crypto, Satoshi's working on xmr

Satoshi was the named used for a team of crypto developers with DARPA. The name of the lead developer is Tatsuaki Okamoto.

Yes because if you are a Japanese guy and trying to be anonymous, the most logical thing to do is use a Japanese pseudonym (or better yet use your actual name like Dorian did). Hiding in plain sight; absolutely brilliant!
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019
If Satoshi were still in crypto, he'd be working on xmr

Kiss

who says he's out? who says he isn't? ( is it true? ) sorry i couldn't resist.

who says it's a he? Not she, or them? Smiley

ok rephrase:
If Satoshi's still in crypto, Satoshi's working on xmr

Satoshi was the named used for a team of crypto developers with DARPA. The name of the lead developer is Tatsuaki Okamoto.
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
Plenty of Newbie trolls though.

They have to start somewhere! Cheesy

How would you setup a miner to adjust with diff like this?

It easy to script something that works off the difficulty reported by the 'getinfo' API for example. Better still might be using the 'getinfo' API from a node and a price API from an exchange.

Maybe for you, I have never coded node communication before. Got a link for a quick example?

If you are on linux just try

$ curl localhost:18081/getinfo

From there if you have any kind of scripting skills you can parse out the difficulty and go from there. If you don't have any scripting skills you won't be able to do this I'm afraid.

Dos/Winblows here all I can do on nix is ls and grep. LOL

I don't do Windows but I imagine there are some tools that can query a URL and parse the JSON. Not hard to do if you can make scripts or simple programming.

K, I'll check into it l8r putting my old rig back online now. Don't ask me why I think, it will cost me about 2 bucks per xmr. Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Plenty of Newbie trolls though.

They have to start somewhere! Cheesy

How would you setup a miner to adjust with diff like this?

It easy to script something that works off the difficulty reported by the 'getinfo' API for example. Better still might be using the 'getinfo' API from a node and a price API from an exchange.

Maybe for you, I have never coded node communication before. Got a link for a quick example?

If you are on linux just try

$ curl localhost:18081/getinfo

From there if you have any kind of scripting skills you can parse out the difficulty and go from there. If you don't have any scripting skills you won't be able to do this I'm afraid.

Dos/Winblows here all I can do on nix is ls and grep. LOL

I don't do Windows but I imagine there are some tools that can query a URL and parse the JSON. Not hard to do if you can make scripts or simple programming.
Jump to: