Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1078. (Read 4670673 times)

legendary
Activity: 1988
Merit: 1000
[ random insult ]
Just look your signature , lol...

The case made in my signature is an elaborated thought, everything but a random "attack". (For what it's worth, I'm probably one of the most hardcore bitcoiner you can find).
You are welcome to discuss it in this thread or anywhere else if you have anything constructive to bring to the discussion.

This is an directly discredit about Dash,Why do you do that in your signature ?How old are you really ? Sorry but your presentation is ain't constructive,try to be approachable first.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
[ random insult ]

The case made in my signature is an elaborated thought, everything but a random "attack". (For what it's worth, I'm probably one of the most hardcore bitcoiner you can find).
You are welcome to discuss it in this thread or anywhere else if you have anything constructive to bring to the discussion.
legendary
Activity: 1484
Merit: 1005
Where can i follow the progress of this release ?

i am waiting this version to add this coin on my website

Ty

Pull and build this branch: https://github.com/tewinget/bitmonero/tree/blockchain
legendary
This community is well recognize to troll and FUD other thread
In which thread is your post exactly? As yes, right...

It's funny that the correlation is SO FUCKING STRONG between monero price and the amount of trolls wasting time to post crap here.

Low monero price -> very high signal/noise ratio.
Higher monero price -> high signal/noise ratio, with obvious paid/interested crap in-between.

No no,you're a big dumbass like all this community.

Anyway,Im not here to discredit this coin, but mostly this dumb community 150% base on trollfuding shit on trollbox,

Really tired of childish sneaky attack or discredit about other community from xmr...
Activity: 85
Merit: 10
I've acquired more the last couple of weeks nearly doubling my stash. I have a tech question for you guys though. How much memory is required for monerod.exe not having to use VM from the hdd? It seems that 8Gb is not enough... Could someone share the knowledge?

Thanks

On GNU/Linux (Kubuntu 14.04) bitmonerod takes 6,263,272 K so 8GB should be enough barely.

Are there any plans to release a light version ?  Shocked

there are light wallet clients around where you can use a remote node.

a new daemon is being release soon that will use significantly less memory.

https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Where can i follow the progress of this release ?

i am waiting this version to add this coin on my website

Ty
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
This community is well recognize to troll and FUD other thread
In which thread is your post exactly? As yes, right...

It's funny that the correlation is SO FUCKING STRONG between monero price and the amount of trolls wasting time to post crap here.

Low monero price -> very high signal/noise ratio.
Higher monero price -> high signal/noise ratio, with obvious paid/interested crap in-between.
Activity: 798
21 million. I want them all.
This community is well recognize to troll and FUD other thread,nice job guys, you all loose credibility

The word is "lose," friend.
legendary
This community is well recognize to troll and FUD other thread,nice job guys, you all loose credibility

This will only hurt monero anyway Smiley
Activity: 768
Merit: 505
Lol , This is a niche of troll here

hey hey drk fanboi
legendary
Lol , This is a niche of troll here

legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
I've acquired more the last couple of weeks nearly doubling my stash. I have a tech question for you guys though. How much memory is required for monerod.exe not having to use VM from the hdd? It seems that 8Gb is not enough... Could someone share the knowledge?

Thanks

On GNU/Linux (Kubuntu 14.04) bitmonerod takes 6,263,272 K so 8GB should be enough barely.

The solution to the large memory requirements is the database. This has been stable for some time, but not yet merged into master.
Activity: 798

The security offered at the current Monero hash rate not being enough relative to the value of the moneroj being held would be one issue.  In other words, there's still always the possibility of someone coming along and deciding to fork Monero with a 51% attack, based on the amount of hashing power that Monero currently has. At least we're using a different hashing algorithm than Bitcoin, or people could've/would've gone at Monero directly.

I'm sure the hash rate will pick up along with the price as general miners begin to mine it. It is one of the things with this coin that botnets are able to mine it at 0 cost which reduces the number of people able to mine it profitably or break even to secure the network.
legendary
Activity: 1260
Merit: 1008

Thanks

there are light wallet clients around where you can use a remote node.

a new daemon is being release soon that will use significantly less memory.

https://getmonero.org/getting-started/choose

Activity: 85
Merit: 10

Thanks

legendary
Activity: 1456
legendary
Activity: 2352
Merit: 1064
Bitcoin is antisemitic
I also made the necessary arrangements to check the identity of Bobbax. We agreed I would keep those information to myself but I can assure you the site is legit (still, only invest what you can afford to lose).

So how about sharing now that his site vanished with his users' coins?
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/cryptocoins-dicecom-looks-like-another-crypto-rip-off-scam-988226

BTW: your assurance were on the basis of what?
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
Others have talked about Monero's technology being implemented as a sidechain of the Bitcoin blockchain. Is that feasible?

Why use a Bitcoin sidechain when you can use Monero and enjoy privacy at protocol level?

The security offered at the current Monero hash rate not being enough relative to the value of the moneroj being held would be one issue.  In other words, there's still always the possibility of someone coming along and deciding to fork Monero with a 51% attack, based on the amount of hashing power that Monero currently has. At least we're using a different hashing algorithm than Bitcoin, or people could've/would've gone at Monero directly.

Bitcoin devs and foundation are too political now to implement anything truly innovative. If they wanted to they can implement ring sigs and stealth addresses like cryptonote right onto the Bitcoin blockchain. No need for sidechain. Shadow has done this very thing on the bitcoin codebase.

Yes, my take is that even if they do, they still won't be able to set a mandatory mix-in level, making Monero superior in its anonymity.

I've started to work on a cross-platform GUI about a month ago. This task involves code rewriting from scratch, thus, improving the performance and reliability of my client. More information coming soon... Wink

Again, excellent news!
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Do you know why the calculators on the pools show as estimated double than in reality mined.  They always tell me that i have to earn about 6-8 XMR pro day but I always earn only the half.

Some pools using incorrect block reward for estimation and must switch to last reward. Also, difficulty fluctuate very hard during 24h, better get average difficulty and calculate yourself. And if your pool is tiny, variance can be significant so use maybe 1 week period for estimation or even more.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Not even one poker site to play with xmr?

Is/was/don't know  Huh Cryptocoindice was that site a couple days back, but it's been offline for over a day.  Undecided
Jump to: