Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1306. (Read 4670643 times)

legendary
Activity: 3136
Merit: 1116
Whatever the measure, it is too high for a pool to have more than 50% of total hash rate. I am comfortable for any pool to have less than 25%.

Rather saying, http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ has 3.31 MH/sec of Network Hash Rate: 14.25 MH/sec - join it with
https://moneropool.com/ that has 9.95 MH/sec of Network Hash Rate: 14.27 MH/sec. => we obtain nearly 100% +- 30% total network power depending on network hash rate computation accuracy.

Even if they compute hash rate with some errors, till +-30% or 50% accuracy, ***this is ABNORMAL!!!***

Furthermore, if we look at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449 (this thread first page),
there are NO moneropool.com LISTED in recommended pools at all!!!!!

Who can explain, WTF happen with Monero?!!

Nor do they list dwarfpool.com which does 3121.874 khs just now. I asked upon that pool missing from the list before.

I think the issue is that the network hashrate is calculated from the diff, which is I think is based on blocks in the last 24 hours, I believe it's just (diff/(60*1024^2)), while I think the pools calculate their hashrate based on average diff of blocks in the last 10 or 30 minutes, so they are basing the two numbers on a different starting point. With that being said, it does seem strange how it always seems like the sum of the pools is greater than the reported network hashrate, but maybe that just has to do with the fact that I usually check it in the morning time of the USA.

If you look at the pie chart here: http://minexmr.com/pools.html
It says the network rate is 18.6 Mh/s while the sum of the known pools hashrate is 22 Mh/s, and that's not including solo miners as well as private/unknown pools Huh

In any event, if you want to support the network, you probably shouldn't mine at moneropool.com, I think this much is obvious...
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Well, in Portugal (or euro portuguese) we pronounce euros as euroj so its all the same to us.

I'm with you papa_lazzarou  Wink
I think an English speaker would pronounce it -mo-ne-ro-ge- if matching the Portuguese pronunciation of Moneroj.

For some reason, I just like Moneritos so much better (as a general term, not as the plural of Monero).
I suppose it's just personal sentiment.

Moneritos makes me hungry. Sounds like biscuits to me  Grin
It is perfect for a millionth of a monero, thanks to the crypto kingdom game for expanding this term.
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
Well, in Portugal (or euro portuguese) we pronounce euros as euroj so its all the same to us.

I'm with you papa_lazzarou  Wink
I think an English speaker would pronounce it -mo-ne-ro-ge- if matching the Portuguese pronunciation of Moneroj.

For some reason, I just like Moneritos so much better (as a general term, not as the plural of Monero).
I suppose it's just personal sentiment.
Activity: 258
Merit: 250
You can trust me, I have an avatar
Found this - https://www.facebook.com/NumlEsperantoClub/posts/393130217458349

To make a noun plural, add a 'J"

J has a sound of Y. When it comes at first in the word, it's pronounced as Y in Yes and when it comes at the end in a word then it's pronounced as Y in boY
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
may I say I like the fact that "moneroj" as plural for monero is catching on?  Grin

The question is, how is it pronounced?

if you are an english speaker, it's pronounced like "Mone Roy"

edit: Esperanto was designed in a way that different people could pronounce it with their own "dialect" I think...
If you are from portugual, I can imagine you would pronounce it as "Mone Rosh"  (something like that  :p)

Why 'moneroj'?? I'd like to know. It's not Euroj either... plural: 'Euros'.. I'll be using 'moneros' as plural to stay in line with european consitency and orderliness Cheesy

Activity: 280
RAM usage is continuing to get worse as well. I have 7.67/8GB in use now and rising as it's syncing.

I think it just uses most you have. Some said it use most of their 3 gb RAM. Probably also most of 16 gb RAM. It is true that is not so convenient to run bitmonerod. You just do when you really have to. Lets hoe soon will get better.

This is not true on my system. I just launched the daemon and synced up and it's using less than 4.5 GB. Total RAM 32 GB; Win 8.1.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
It's read as written, Moneroj. I don't know where you get that rosh or roy. It's ROJ.
Activity: 400
Merit: 263
Just for posterity:

On Monday I bought my first item with XMR, a guitar theory course at  http://www.guitartheoryrevolution.info for 35 XMR.

The transaction went well and the material is great so if anyone is interested in this kind of stuff support the guy Smiley
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1000
Want privacy? Use Monero!
may I say I like the fact that "moneroj" as plural for monero is catching on?  Grin

edit: Esperanto was designed in a way that different people could pronounce it with their own "dialect" I think...
If you are from portugual, I can imagine you would pronounce it as "Mone Rosh"  (something like that  :p)

Mone is ambiguous. Do you mean that it is pronounced moan-roy? (And don't tell me No, that Monero is actually pronounced like moan-ro, lol)

Ok, you are right  :p
No, it's indeed "Mo Ne Roy" (NOT MoanRoy)

Why 'moneroj'?? I'd like to know. It's not Euroj either... plural: 'Euros'.. I'll be using 'moneros' as plural to stay in line with european consitency and orderliness Cheesy

It's an Esperanto word.

indeed  Smiley It's just a fun way to use the Esperanto plural in stead of the "boring" 's' plural)
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

Mone is ambiguous. Do you mean that it is pronounced moan-roy? (And don't tell me you that Monero is actually pronounced like moan-ro, lol)

It's an Esperanto word.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
I am using v.0.8.8.1.

That is too old. You need to upgrade to current version from the OP.

Then wait 24 hours to see if the transaction eventually goes through.

If not, then backup your wallet and then delete the wallet.bin file (not .keys file) and restart the wallet. The coins will be returned to your balance.

Thanks, I just upgraded to 0.8.8.4-release, and replaced all my wallet files with backed up versions. Everything synchs up fine, and my balance returned to what it was before.

However, now, when I try to make a transaction, I get this error message

Code:
Error: transaction <764cee70aaf2d9c320a9578efe5cc3f5fc43304a173f56bd6792172a8755b93f> was rejected by daemon with status "Failed"

and in the deamon, I get

Code:
2014-Oct-29 11:15:17.503604 [RPC0][on_send_raw_tx]: Failed to process tx[\code]

The same thing happens if I use the official osx binaries, or if I install by brew. Any ideas?

You need to wait 24 hours for the original attempt to time out.

Alternately you can try deleting your poolstate.bin file and retrying.

In either case, once again delete your wallet.bin file (not .keys) and resync first.

Activity: 249
I am using v.0.8.8.1.

That is too old. You need to upgrade to current version from the OP.

Then wait 24 hours to see if the transaction eventually goes through.

If not, then backup your wallet and then delete the wallet.bin file (not .keys file) and restart the wallet. The coins will be returned to your balance.

Thanks, I just upgraded to 0.8.8.4-release, and replaced all my wallet files with backed up versions. Everything synchs up fine, and my balance returned to what it was before.

However, now, when I try to make a transaction, I get this error message

Code:
Error: transaction <764cee70aaf2d9c320a9578efe5cc3f5fc43304a173f56bd6792172a8755b93f> was rejected by daemon with status "Failed"

and in the deamon, I get

Code:
2014-Oct-29 11:15:17.503604 [RPC0][on_send_raw_tx]: Failed to process tx

The same thing happens if I use the official osx binaries, or if I install by brew. Any ideas?
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Furthermore, if we look at https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/xmr-monero-a-secure-private-untraceable-cryptocurrency-583449 (this thread first page),

The bigger pools are not listed because we don't recommend people join the bigger pools. Join smaller pools instead!

The question of hash rate calculation was already answered.
Activity: 700

legendary
Activity: 1470
Want privacy? Use Monero!

legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Whatever the measure, it is too high for a pool to have more than 50% of total hash rate. I am comfortable for any pool to have less than 25%.

Rather saying, http://monero.crypto-pool.fr/ has 3.31 MH/sec of Network Hash Rate: 14.25 MH/sec - join it with
https://moneropool.com/ that has 9.95 MH/sec of Network Hash Rate: 14.27 MH/sec. => we obtain nearly 100% +- 30% total network power depending on network hash rate computation accuracy.

Even if they compute hash rate with some errors, till +-30% or 50% accuracy, ***this is ABNORMAL!!!***

Nor do they list dwarfpool.com which does 3121.874 khs just now. I asked upon that pool missing from the list before.
Activity: 243
Merit: 125
What's going on in the Monero network?

Network Hash Rate: 13.75 MH/sec

There is literally no way to directly measure the network hash rate. I think the pool display uses an estimate based on difficulty but I'm not sure. The difficulty is calculated based on an estimate over the past 12 hours. The hash rate for each pool is based on 10 minutes. So when the hash rate fluctuates or moves between pools you can get some very inconsistent estimates.

Activity: 896

There is literally no way to directly measure the network hash rate. I think the pool display uses an estimate based on difficulty but I'm not sure. The difficulty is calculated based on an estimate over the past 12 hours. The hash rate for each pool is based on 10 minutes. So when the hash rate fluctuates or moves between pools you can get some very inconsistent estimates.

Activity: 198
Merit: 100

Oh, I didn't know that. Big thanks for clarifying :-)
Jump to: