Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1339. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 250
The selling pressure stays strong and the order-book is ugly TBH. I wonder where the bottom is.
Where is all this selling pressure coming from?

Mining

All that from mining?? Damn...

Not all, of course, but it is steady every day. Drip, drip, drip...

Mining Monero isn't even that profitable, I don't understand why so many are mining and dumping. Surely there is another significant cause for the selling pressure
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

It doesn't really matter who does the mining, the amount is fixed.

Activity: 1
Merit: 0
legendary
The selling pressure stays strong and the order-book is ugly TBH. I wonder where the bottom is.

Mining

Not all, of course, but it is steady every day. Drip, drip, drip...

There is a reason pump-and-dump coins use proof of stake. It is hard to pump a coin with 50 BTC of it being created every day. We need actual demand, and to be clear we still have a lot of demand or the price would be lower. We just don't quite have enough to sustain the higher price levels.

Mining
legendary
Noob here. Am I solo mining properly? It says getting hash rate of probably average 180. How long should it take for me to see a reward? Also how does one gpu mine monero?

It depends on your hardware, but 180 might be right. At 180 you are essentially playing a raffle. There is nothing wrong with that (and indeed it is very good to help the network that way), just know what you are doing. Most likely you get nothing.

One issue with efficiency of CPU (including solo) mining is making sure you have huge pages set up correctly.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Noob here. Am I solo mining properly? It says getting hash rate of probably average 180. How long should it take for me to see a reward? Also how does one gpu mine monero?
legendary

Mining
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Are per KB fees now on testnet?
Activity: 471
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1217
you know monero is undervalued if

Activity: 70
Activity: 350

Wait for the wallet to sync, open up a second session and run ./simplewallet

GJ devs!

Ha! that's awesome!

Thanks a lot!

Also - I wasn't sigining in as root, and was signing in w/ my username. It wasn't happy at all lol.

Nothing can describe the feeling of dread when: help   help: Command not found. Cheesy

Now I'm gonna turn it into a server.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
I'm playing with FreeBSD - no idea how to use this OS, and I have never used it before.

is it an easy thing to install monero on this os?

If it's easy, anyone have a walkthrough?

If you have never used a unix-like cmd-line OS, it's not going to be easy. Use the OS you know best - you're dealing with real money value - I wouldn't mix that with trying to learn a new OS.

Have used plenty of mint/ubuntu

Have never used bsd.

I'm using monero as an excuse to fix that Smiley

Well, then freebsd is no more difficult than most linux distros. Start here - http://www.freebsdmadeeasy.com/

For kicks I'm going to install it too - the interface is so simple under windows that I haven't felt the need to jump to fbsd, but I figure I can see what dependencies are needed.

Wait for the wallet to sync, open up a second session and run ./simplewallet

GJ devs!

legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
You always keep updating,why don't release something?

What do you want released? the wallet app is not coming until at least xmas.
Activity: 104
You always keep updating,why don't release something?
legendary
I'm playing with FreeBSD - no idea how to use this OS, and I have never used it before.

If you have never used a unix-like cmd-line OS, it's not going to be easy. Use the OS you know best - you're dealing with real money value - I wouldn't mix that with trying to learn a new OS.

Have never used bsd.

Well, then freebsd is no more difficult than most linux distros. Start here - http://www.freebsdmadeeasy.com/

For kicks I'm going to install it too - the interface is so simple under windows that I haven't felt the need to jump to fbsd, but I figure I can see what dependencies are needed.

Have never used bsd.

legendary

Jump to: