Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1341. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 938
Merit: 1001
Why does the deamon state "You are now synchronized with the network." when the following messages show I am 16 days behind?

I am using v0.8.8.4 on Windoze.
Peers are sending you false information. There is probably no problem unless you aren't at the blockchain height that the pools show.

Or you could really be 16 days behind and you are receiving false information telling you that you are synchronized.

I am definitely behind. I always thought it was weird that the daemon tells me all is well when I am still catching up.
Activity: 560
Merit: 250
"Trading Platform of The Future!"
Why does the deamon state "You are now synchronized with the network." when the following messages show I am 16 days behind?

Peers are sending you false information. There is probably no problem unless you aren't at the blockchain height that the pools show.

Or you could really be 16 days behind and you are receiving false information telling you that you are synchronized.
Activity: 938

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Thank you. I have no idea how to find a reputable member to withdrawal my XMR for me.

With that in mind, I will advice that you don't take anyone's offer to hold your coins for you! You mentioned you're not a noob, so I trust that you'll easily distinguish an honest helper on IRC from someone trying to rip you off. It should not be too complicated to get your wallet setup & running.

I made him the offer to transfer the coins for him in like several batches, no worry to loose coins that way. He's panicking, and not listening in. In about a year from this the world will have another linux expert that can install anything.
Today, has at least one more person willing to learn Unix, so this is actually a good day.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Thank you. I have no idea how to find a reputable member to withdrawal my XMR for me.

With that in mind, I will advice that you don't take anyone's offer to hold your coins for you! You mentioned you're not a noob, so I trust that you'll easily distinguish an honest helper on IRC from someone trying to rip you off. It should not be too complicated to get your wallet setup & running.

edit: I have been helped
legendary
Activity: 1154

HOW DO I CREATE A LINUX WALLET - PLEASE HELP!! [...]

25hashcoin, you're really much better off asking for assistance in IRC. Just join #monero on freenode and there's plenty of people around that can help you. I'm generally clueless on linux, so this is the best I can offer. You could also ask a reputable community member (think: escrow) to hold your coins while you sort this stuff out (just to quickly get them off Mintpal).

If you're not already on IRC, an easy way to get started is just to open up a web client for freenode, such as:
http://webchat.freenode.net/

Good Luck!

Activity: 425
Mintpal.com up again. Anyone had XMR there? Please let us know what's happening.
When you log in you arrive in a special withdrawal page : In this page I can see all my balances right, including XMR, which is somewhat a good presage. You can specify retrieval adress for each coin, including XMR, then save.
They says that each withdrawal is manually approved and for some coin such that XMR, il will take a longer time due to some daemon problems.

Overall, I believe I will recover my coins, but I am rather an optimistic guy and I had only small amounts of coins. Wait & see.

thanks for posting! love this community:)
I have just received my coins from mintpal, except for monero and btc up to now.

Where Monero send? In DOS wallet /0.8.8.4/ or wallet in a exchange?
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Mintpal.com up again. Anyone had XMR there? Please let us know what's happening.
When you log in you arrive in a special withdrawal page : In this page I can see all my balances right, including XMR, which is somewhat a good presage. You can specify retrieval adress for each coin, including XMR, then save.
They says that each withdrawal is manually approved and for some coin such that XMR, il will take a longer time due to some daemon problems.

Overall, I believe I will recover my coins, but I am rather an optimistic guy and I had only small amounts of coins. Wait & see.

thanks for posting! love this community:)
I have just received my coins from mintpal, except for monero and btc up to now.
legendary
Activity: 1154
HOW DO I CREATE A LINUX WALLET - PLEASE HELP!! [...]

25hashcoin, you're really much better off asking for assistance in IRC. Just join #monero on freenode and there's plenty of people around that can help you. I'm generally clueless on linux, so this is the best I can offer. You could also ask a reputable community member (think: escrow) to hold your coins while you sort this stuff out (just to quickly get them off Mintpal).

If you're not already on IRC, an easy way to get started is just to open up a web client for freenode, such as:
http://webchat.freenode.net/

Good Luck!
Is it possible transfer of coins from Monero Mintpal directly to another Exchange / Poloniex / without going through the portfolio /0.8.8.4/?
Currently on page Mintpal should just give Withdrawal Address without ID!?! Is that enough to transfer the coins?
Thank you!

I suggest you to use your personal address : there probably won't be a lot of support for failed transfer...

Hi, I need help creating a personal address. If you read a couple posts above you can see I am trying to set up a wallet on Ubuntu. Is there another way? Please help.
Activity: 445
Merit: 255
Is it possible transfer of coins from Monero Mintpal directly to another Exchange / Poloniex / without going through the portfolio /0.8.8.4/?
Currently on page Mintpal should just give Withdrawal Address without ID!?! Is that enough to transfer the coins?
Thank you!

I suggest you to use your personal address : there probably won't be a lot of support for failed transfer...
HOW DO I CREATE A LINUX WALLET - PLEASE HELP!!

1. First I went here: https://github.com/Quanttek/install_monero and ran the first line in terminal

2. then after installing I get this error:
 Found libunbound includes, but could not find libunbound library.
  Please make sure you have installed libunbound or libunbound-dev or the
  equivalent

3. How do I create a wallet I can send and receive from??

Please help so I can get my coins off of mintpal....I am not a noob but cannot figure out this monero stuff!

25xmr reward for your help!!!!
Activity: 425
Thank you!
Please help! Trying to withdrawal XMR and need a way to do it without a payment ID!! I am having difficulty installing a monero wallet on linux...I am getting confused/errors. Is there another way to receive XMR without a paymanet ID. Looking for some help! Will offer 25 xmr to anyone who can help me get my coins off of shitpal!

When I try to create a wallet using this command: cd ~/bitmonero/build/release/src && ./simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin

I get:  No such file or directory
Can someone help me? I'm trying to get my stick XMR out of mintpal. How do I send it to an address without a payment ID?
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
You can compile and run it right now off github - we're having some issues with static builds (required for binary releases), and have gotten KitWare involved (the company who created CMake), so resolving it is in progress.
Ok, that sounds like a good reason. Hope that compiling issues will be totally sorted out in the future.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
I don't want to sound like a broken record, but where are new builds for better checkpointing, announced two missives ago?
Not that it would be crucially necessary, but some "lifesign" before further tests with per KB fees etc. would be neat. Smiley

You can compile and run it right now off github - we're having some issues with static builds (required for binary releases), and have gotten KitWare involved (the company who created CMake), so resolving it is in progress.
EFS
staff
Activity: 3822
Merit: 2123
Crypto Swap Exchange
I requested my XMR withdrawal. Hope they pay everybody.
Jump to: