Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1340. (Read 4670643 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
For people interested in the XMR faucet/MMO Crypto-Kindgom, there is not an IRC channel for that: ##crypto-kingdom.
typo?  not = now?
Thanks
legendary
Activity: 912
Merit: 1000
For people interested in the XMR faucet/MMO Crypto-Kindgom, there is not an IRC channel for that: ##crypto-kingdom.
typo?  not = now?
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
For people interested in the XMR faucet/MMO Crypto-Kindgom, there is now an IRC channel for that: ##crypto-kingdom.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Antifragile
I can't get the wallet to install from source on my MAC and I don't like running it otherwise.
So, I need to give Mintpal my Poloniex address with Payment ID...
But thanks for the suggestion.

You don't have to install from source on Mac. If you on Mavericks.

https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

You can build from source or use precompiled binaries. Just read README.

I am going to create bottles (binaries) for Yosomite later today, but I need time to install new SSD and Yosomite on my Mac.

Thanks a lot for posting that. As usual, I couldn't get it to work.  Huh
I did follow the directions (including downloading the large blockchain.bin file."

I ran this command after installation: simplewallet --generate-new-wallet wallet.bin
Got this error:
Code:
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.4-unknown
password: ********************
Segmentation fault: 11

I ran it again and it said: Error: failed to generate new wallet: file already exists "wallet.bin"
I noticed files were created though and I backed up my "wallet.bin.address.txt" address.
I ran the "simplewallet" command and got this: Error: failed to load wallet: file not found ".keys"
But, the "wallet.bin.keys" file exists.

BTW - Is there a handy reference for commands that can be run? Didn't see that in the README.

Now I get this from running "simplewallet"
Code:
bitmonero wallet v0.8.8.4-unknown
Specify wallet file name (e.g., wallet.bin). If the wallet doesn't exist, it will be created.
Wallet file name: wallet.bin
password: ********************
simplewallet(20000,0x7fff7caf2310) malloc: *** error for object 0x7fff7ce10c70: pointer being freed was not allocated
*** set a breakpoint in malloc_error_break to debug
Abort trap: 6

If these errors jump out at anyone I would appreciate it. If not, I will wait for a DMG file.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
For any XMR devs with free time on their hands, the OpenBazaar team says they are open to pull requests from alt-coin devs. . . http://www.reddit.com/r/OpenBazaar/comments/2jielp/stop_emailing_us_to_support_altcoins/
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I can't get the wallet to install from source on my MAC and I don't like running it otherwise.

You don't have to install from source on Mac. If you on Mavericks.

https://github.com/sammy007/homebrew-cryptonight

You can build from source or use precompiled binaries. Just read README.

I am going to create bottles (binaries) for Yosomite later today, but I need time to install new SSD and Yosomite on my Mac.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Why don't you create a linux VM on your mac and run the binaries \ install from source there? (the script works flawlessly)

True, install a Linux virtual machine. Run the script. Get your coins. Easy.
Activity: 649
Merit: 500

Why don't you create a linux VM on your mac and run the binaries \ install from source there?

The install_script works flawlessly with the latest Mint (at least).
legendary
Antifragile
still mintpal won let get back XMR from them

I haven't gotten any new updates or deposits into my requested address either.  I want to send mine into Poloniex, so I put my Withdrawal address and my Payment ID in the USER NOTES box.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get that information and send it correctly.   Roll Eyes

I was going to post this question, the Payment ID is KEY, but you should probably put the withdrawal address in the withdrawal address field and the Payment ID under User Notes?
Anyone?

Thanks,
IAS

I ended up creating a personal wallet address. You don't need a payment ID to send that way.

Activity: 425
Merit: 250

I haven't gotten any new updates or deposits into my requested address either.  I want to send mine into Poloniex, so I put my Withdrawal address and my Payment ID in the USER NOTES box.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get that information and send it correctly.   Roll Eyes

I was going to post this question, the Payment ID is KEY, but you should probably put the withdrawal address in the withdrawal address field and the Payment ID under User Notes?
Anyone?

Thanks,
IAS

I ended up creating a personal wallet address. You don't need a payment ID to send that way.

Which wallet do you use /0.8.8.4/ or ....? Only personal address you typed in without ID key? Do you arrived coins?
Thanks!
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
[...]
At a time like this, I would have liked to see some reputated members stepping up, offering escrow/transport services for funds. Wasn't there some economy focused working group?
[...]

Fair point. I offer to help out anyone who's in need of a transport service, if this is still of any use. I can be reached by PM here, or by the same IRC handle on Freenode #monero. Any fees from providing this service will go straight to the development fund.

As with any such cases, please do your own research, do not trust a random individual on the 'interwebs', and act accordingly!
Activity: 574

I haven't gotten any new updates or deposits into my requested address either.  I want to send mine into Poloniex, so I put my Withdrawal address and my Payment ID in the USER NOTES box.

Keeping my fingers crossed that they get that information and send it correctly.   Roll Eyes

Anyone?

Thanks,
IAS

legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
Moolah just got arrested.

Aaarghgrrr! Another cryptojailbird.

My apologies. I was caught up getting help setting up a wallet which I was finally able to do. I would have taken you up otherwise, although the withdrawal on mintpal is only set up to withdrawal all or nothing. Regardless, XMR is one of the coins mintpal lists as having "issues" so withdrawals are also delayed. Yes, I was in a bit of a panic.

... has blown my idea of trusty partial transfers, like 15% of the coins in transfer at all times, out of the waters. Which would have been the way enabling the community to help themselfes. Now reading it's all been setup by a pro-scammer, this figures just nicely.
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
legendary
Antifragile

Anyone?

Thanks,
IAS
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

Activity: 672
http://fuk.io - check it out!
Activity: 425
Merit: 250
Someone did you withdrawal your XMP / Monero / and how?
There is no button to confirm the withdrawal! There is only Save Changes!
Thanks!
Activity: 574
Thank you. I have no idea how to find a reputable member to withdrawal my XMR for me.

With that in mind, I will advice that you don't take anyone's offer to hold your coins for you! You mentioned you're not a noob, so I trust that you'll easily distinguish an honest helper on IRC from someone trying to rip you off. It should not be too complicated to get your wallet setup & running.

I made him the offer to transfer the coins for him in like several batches, no worry to loose coins that way. He's panicking, and not listening in. In about a year from this the world will have another linux expert that can install anything.
Today, has at least one more person willing to learn Unix, so this is actually a good day.

My apologies. I was caught up getting help setting up a wallet which I was finally able to do. I would have taken you up otherwise, although the withdrawal on mintpal is only set up to withdrawal all or nothing. Regardless, XMR is one of the coins mintpal lists as having "issues" so withdrawals are also delayed. Yes, I was in a bit of a panic.
Activity: 97
Merit: 10
Whats the best way to create a wallet with no internet connection a windows computer? preferably with an unofficial GUI
Jump to: