Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1397. (Read 4670630 times)

legendary
Activity: 2026
Merit: 1005
well, I see that bittrex holds XMR wallet (offline) - surprice!  Cheesy
what exactly is going on?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Sign of times to come...

lol

Nice job, but I think you need to adjust your 24hr volume to the moon launch setting.

This isn't photoshopped.

This will happen more often in 2-3 years. The volume will also match.

We can all hope.
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1015
Not in my wallet - not on Bter = lost?  Huh

BCX stole it.
legendary
Activity: 1092
Merit: 1000
I'm a Firestarter!

Not in my wallet - not on Bter = lost?  Huh
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011
It looks like the coinmarketcap markets page for XMR is getting XMR/BC data from Bittrex right now, instead of XMR/BTC, which is messing up the average price: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#markets

The XMR/BC data on Bittrex isn't even right (has a massive spike): https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BC-XMR

Supposedly one person made a very small XMR/BC trade at a terrible price (probably by mistake) and that is messing up the data. They should really be using a volume-weighted price.

Yeah, it looks like a horrible mistake for someone, spending around $1000 worth of Blackcoins to buy around 10 cents worth of Moneros.
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
Sign of times to come...

lol

Nice job, but I think you need to adjust your 24hr volume to the moon launch setting.

This isn't photoshopped.

This will happen more often in 2-3 years. The volume will also match.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
It looks like the coinmarketcap markets page for XMR is getting XMR/BC data from Bittrex right now, instead of XMR/BTC, which is messing up the average price: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#markets

The XMR/BC data on Bittrex isn't even right (has a massive spike): https://bittrex.com/Market/Index?MarketName=BC-XMR

Supposedly one person made a very small XMR/BC trade at a terrible price (probably by mistake) and that is messing up the data. They should really be using a volume-weighted price.

Activity: 84
Merit: 10
Damn, i was hoping it was just Polo that hadn't caught up yet Wink
legendary
It looks like the coinmarketcap markets page for XMR is getting XMR/BC data from Bittrex right now, instead of XMR/BTC, which is messing up the average price, putting XMR at #2 on the main page: http://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/monero/#markets

Edit: Looks to be fixed already. Smiley
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
Sign of times to come...

lol

This isn't photoshopped.
It's not photoshopped - it's a flashforward to a possible reality. I took a screenshot too... Smiley
legendary
Sign of times to come...

lol

This isn't photoshopped.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Sign of times to come...

lol

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
This just in: BCX has channeled all his hash power into a worm hole through which he can traverse space-time.
You have 72 hours to devise a defense.

The Dr. is in.

An unimpressed BCX prepares to hyperfocus his latest invention - the Matriculate Flummoxulating Assburger Condensulator:

Nice one.  Hahaha......
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
XMR is the future.
legendary
Activity: 2156
Merit: 1072
Crypto is the separation of Power and State.
This just in: BCX has channeled all his hash power into a worm hole through which he can traverse space-time.
You have 72 hours to devise a defense.

The Dr. is in.

An unimpressed BCX prepares to hyperfocus his latest invention - the Matriculate Flummoxulating Assburger Condensulator:

Activity: 263
Merit: 250
[... shill ...]

But Is It True?

Seriously though, this episode did not disappoint. When I read BullBear's reportage on the events I feel like reading the script to a Cold War spy movie.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Jl777 himself said to be careful, that ring signatures might not work.

Invest at your own risk is what I think he said actually
In one ear and out the other = Major losses. Wake up people.

Is it true?

James was nice to us and we should be nice to James.  That means a wrenching change from the empirically justified default prior assumption of altcoin scamminess, to a more generous stance, in which the default assumption is good will.  One might still be critical of the structure of James' enterprises (or not!) without any hostility to James.

Whereas you might have considered his advice "Invest at your own risk" in its context (or in its misleading out-of-context quotation) to be an inimical effort to poison the public mind and common knowledge against the virtues of Monero (in particular, as everyone loves and protects their children),  now, out of respect for his role in the BCX affair (such as it is) one should respect him well enough to attribute good will, and understand that in its original and intended context his words were simply sound advice to the naive investor.

Monero had it's run, don't get stuck with the bag.
You can see smart devs and investors are selling

Is it true?

BlackWidow, on the other hand -- and why not "BlockWidow", which would have been far more clever? --  has earned no such moral variance from rational estimation, and should be considered on par with the newbie bytecoin  shill/troll/shrills.

I know that it's all a lot of tedious drama, but having been chosen by providence and our choices to live through these experiences, let us at least draw from them the appropriate, empowering and uplifting lessons.
legendary
There is more trolls on this site than in a Tolkien novel and it's getting worse.

no fkn joke.  if u can't beat em - join em ... only way to survive this altcoin hell

you went to the harshest, most demanding school.  yet failed to learn the correct lesson.
legendary
I have no opinion on timewarp attacks or any other type of possible attack. If BCX has a time machine, then all coins are in trouble.

If bcx has a time machine, I think all coins are safe, because he has bigger fish to fry.  For....now.
Jump to: