Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1398. (Read 4670630 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Is it in bad taste to offer a bounty for someone who can give bcx a taste of his own medicine?

Aesthetically, it is just, but morally it is not, because you are held to a higher standard than those you judge.

I don know if that will make sense to you, but I think it is a deep truth.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Good blog post with recap of recent XMR "attack": http://bullbearanalytics.com/2014/09/23/whats-going-monero/

Enjoyed! Much better than the piecemeal story I was envisioning from the forums. Would be cool to see a write-up of this posted on one of the crypto-news agencies.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
Good blog post with recap of recent XMR "attack": http://bullbearanalytics.com/2014/09/23/whats-going-monero/
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1002
Gresham's Lawyer
This just in: BCX has channeled all his hash power into a worm hole through which he can traverse space-time.
You have 72 hours to devise a defense.

The Dr. is in.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
he is claiming to have started the time warp attack and that it takes a couple days
not sure if he will be combining TW attack with anything else
so stay vigilant and dont assume silence means all is well
dont assume silence means anything is wrong either

James

Thank you for the good advice James. We're vigilant.

72 hours + 72 hours = DSCA (Dev Sleep Cycle Attack)
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
he is claiming to have started the time warp attack and that it takes a couple days

James

Thank you for the good advice James. We're vigilant.

Activity: 322
Merit: 250
Hi!

Just a friendly member of the Stealthcoin community dropping by to tell you that the Bitcointalk user known as "Stealthcoin" is not associated in anyway with Stealthcoin or it's development. I've seen many Monero supporters lash out at Stealthcoin because of this users actions. User: https://bitcointalksearch.org/user/stealthcoin-209332

Competition for anonymous coins is good. It means better quality, more competitive and more people promoting privacy oriented software and trade! Good luck to Monero!

Once again, the user "Stealthcoin" is not associated in any way with the crypto currency known as Stealthcoin!

Thank you

Smiley

If anyone sees people mistaking the user "Stealthcoin" for being a community member or a developer of Stealthcoin, please correct them in a polite manner!
Activity: 654
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134

James
legendary
Activity: 2646
Merit: 2793
Shitcoin Minimalist
Do yourselves a favor.
Buy as many Neos as you can.
Monero and ring signatures are no longer viable when anon is concerned.
It doesn't work guys. You can't just blindly stay with outdated tech

Jl777 himself said to be careful, that ring signatures might not work.

Invest at your own risk is what I think he said actually
In one ear and out the other = Major losses. Wake up people. Monero had it's run, don't get stuck with the bag.
You can see smart devs and investors are selling
I said that there could well be a way to deanonymize some tx, but that it should be something that can be fixed.

After intense scrutiny with the assumption that there is a fatal flaw, what was found was an exploit related to already known issues. It is still not determined how effective any attempt would be and in all the cases I heard about it was a small subset of affected tx.

As with any investment, do not have more than you can afford to lose and if you are losing sleep worrying about it, that is a sign you have too much exposure. Some diversification would be advisable.

If you are of a long term HODL mentality, nothing was found that kills cryptonotes. Also, keep in mind that any coin network can be attacked, this in an of itself does not mean much unless the attack creates permanent damage

James

P.S. I have no opinion on timewarp attacks or any other type of possible attack. If BCX has a time machine, then all coins are in trouble.

This just in: BCX has channeled all his hash power into a worm hole through which he can traverse space-time.
You have 72 hours to devise a defense.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
XMR is the future.
Activity: 952
Merit: 251
I have no opinion on timewarp attacks or any other type of possible attack.
If BCX has a time machine, then all coins are in trouble.

Ah-ha .. The Groundhog Day exploit  Grin Cheesy Grin
OK to crawl out of my foxhole ??

Triff ..
legendary
Activity: 1176
Merit: 1134
Do yourselves a favor.

In one ear and out the other = Major losses. Wake up people. Monero had it's run, don't get stuck with the bag.
I said that there could well be a way to deanonymize some tx, but that it should be something that can be fixed.

After intense scrutiny with the assumption that there is a fatal flaw, what was found was an exploit related to already known issues. It is still not determined how effective any attempt would be and in all the cases I heard about it was a small subset of affected tx.

As with any investment, do not have more than you can afford to lose and if you are losing sleep worrying about it, that is a sign you have too much exposure. Some diversification would be advisable.

If you are of a long term HODL mentality, nothing was found that kills cryptonotes. Also, keep in mind that any coin network can be attacked, this in an of itself does not mean much unless the attack creates permanent damage

James

P.S. I have no opinion on timewarp attacks or any other type of possible attack. If BCX has a time machine, then all coins are in trouble.
Activity: 247
Monero should be fine. It would be nice to also trade it on the NXT Asset Exchange so it never gets messed with.
Activity: 28
Merit: 0
Do yourselves a favor.

anyone who tells you what to do with an authoratitive tone around here.  by mentioning what "smart people" are simply trying to pump their scam coin
Activity: 644
Merit: 502
Do yourselves a favor.

Is it true?

Activity: 263
Do yourselves a favor.

Is it true?
Activity: 658
Do yourselves a favor.

Activity: 263
What is this for strange stuff with this BitcoinExpres?? Did he attacked already, where can we follow his updates or something?

Dev, why dont you post what BCX posts? What are you doing? Have you disappeared? lol

I've heard that the devs and whales have all the coins on Poloniex and will dump the price to 0, negative, then underflow to moon.

Is it true?

EDIT: OMG does this mean the devs and whales work with BCX to steal from Poloniex? Are they rob(b)in-hooding them? So we can all dump at moon price and make BTCBTCBTCBTC? Devs, whales, BCX, THANK YOU!!!
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org
What is this for strange stuff with this BitcoinExpres?? Did he attacked already, where can we follow his updates or something?

Dev, why dont you post what BCX posts? What are you doing? Have you disappeared? lol
Jump to: