Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1470. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 280
Merit: 250
Who cares?
^ Note that there'll be new executables available to download soon.
Can you answer precisely when about? tomorrow? thanks  Roll Eyes

Imminently.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Can you answer precisely when about? tomorrow? thanks  Roll Eyes

We hope today. No problems yet in testing but we have a number of platforms and blockchain states to cover. Plus we have to build release binaries, which also takes a little while. But hopefully very soon.

Activity: 14
Merit: 0
Can you answer precisely when about? tomorrow? thanks  Roll Eyes
Activity: 794
Merit: 1000
Monero (XMR) - secure, private, untraceable
^Download the executables and the blockchain from the OP (opening post - the first post in this thread) and you'll be fine. Note that there'll be new executables available to download soon.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
I am running a 64bit operating system Win7.
My bitmonerod threw this error: [P2P0][218.10.19.242:18080 OUT]Sync data returned unknown top block: 156039->206393
I tried to sync blockchain and stuck at  block 156039 and nothing helps.
Looks like i have got synced to a forked blockchain from a forked node.
First i deleted all files from AppData/Roaming/BitMonero and synced - "Can't load blockchain storage from file, generating genesis block" & bitmonerod hangs. I can't download a blockchain from 0.
So I downloaded 2 files - bitmonerod.exe  and simplewallet.exe from http://monero.cc/downloads/monero.win.x64.latest.zip
(I don't understand why monero.win.x64.latest.zip have only 2 files - bitmonerod.exe  &  simplewallet.exe Where are simpleminer.exe & connectivity_tool.exe? So I used my old ones.)
I downloaded blockchain from http://monero.cc/downloads/blockchain/win/blockchain.bin but bitmonerod shows only: "Sync data returned unknown top block: 156039->202659
synchronization started"
 Helps only Reload or RESET because bitmonerod frozen, exit doesn't work!
Can anyone explain what exactly the problem could be? cry for HELP...
Sorry for my english... Roll Eyes
Activity: 658
Merit: 503
Monero Core Team
I see BTC38 listed under others, can you elaborate on this? Also can't find the trading pair @ btc38.
They only mentionned us in a sort of "encyclopedia". That's why they are on other, not on the regular listing.
legendary
I bought some monero on an exchange, and now I want to transfer them to my cold wallet.

So, Ive setup simplewallet, created my wallet address, backed the seed, and sent 1XMR to my address.

I downloaded the blockchain.bin, which is supposed to be up-to-date, from the beginning of this thread.

However the blockchain.bin isnt up-to-date, and its taking ages to sync. Currently on block 183000.

All I want to do is check my balance, to see if the transfer was successful.

And what is the viewkey for, and how do i use it?

viewkey would let you see the balance of your cold wallet but it isn't implemented yet.

If you got a transaction id from the exchange you can check in a block explorer such as chainradar to see if the transaction confirmed. Other than that you just have to wait for your node to sync or download a newer one from OP.

legendary

Although you have 0.8.8.2 at the top of the page, further down above the blockchain downloads you have listed and linked 0.8.8 from June 11th.

Why the opening page indicates version 0.8.8.2? I compiled the source from the official github repository a few days ago, and I am running the 0.8.8.3 version

Because .3 was a response to the last bit of fuckery from people who have nothing better to do than try to attack Monero, and we neglected to update that during the firefight. Apology for any inconvenience.

Will make sure it gets updated correctly this time.
legendary
Mandatory Update Imminent

An updated version of our fix has passed the first round of testing.

Please be ready for near term release of an official update, especially if you are operating an exchange, pool or other important service.

i think it was already mentioned but if you can add the the version of the release next to the title of the topic, im sure a lot of people would realize they are running an outdated software more quickly.

something like :  [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency (mandatory upgrade 8.8.X)

Will do. Thanks for the reminder!

Activity: 723

Please be ready for near term release of an official update, especially if you are operating an exchange, pool or other important service.

i think it was already mentioned but if you can add the the version of the release next to the title of the topic, im sure a lot of people would realize they are running an outdated software more quickly.

something like :  [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency (mandatory upgrade 8.8.X)
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1019

I did nothing like this, i simply downloaded the  30 day old bin file and it synced to the proer chain. Da fuq is the prob,devs??? Am i a moron here LOL.......

Shhhh that's far too easy... stop making sense.

I did not even do that I am still getting my coins daily.
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
What's the status of XMR's collaboration with i2p?

Ongoing, we've formed a working group with i2p, Abscond, i2pd, and Anoncoin, called Privacy Solutions. i2pd is reaching a level of working-ness that should allow us to start integrating it soon. Given the number of moving parts it's extremely hard to put a timeframe on it.
There is also an updated link on the OP (look for "announcements") with the latest detail on it.

In other news, we updated the list of exchanges, adding latest exchanges and deleting those that failed to deliver. Please remember that we do not endorse any exchange; we only list them once we check they actually propose exchanging Monero.

Although you have 0.8.8.2 at the top of the page, further down above the blockchain downloads you have listed and linked 0.8.8 from June 11th.
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

Ongoing, we've formed a working group with i2p, Abscond, i2pd, and Anoncoin, called Privacy Solutions. i2pd is reaching a level of working-ness that should allow us to start integrating it soon. Given the number of moving parts it's extremely hard to put a timeframe on it.
There is also an updated link on the OP (look for "announcements") with the latest detail on it.

In other news, we updated the list of exchanges, adding latest exchanges and deleting those that failed to deliver. Please remember that we do not endorse any exchange; we only list them once we check they actually propose exchanging Monero.

I see BTC38 listed under others, can you elaborate on this? Also can't find the trading pair @ btc38.
Activity: 658
Monero Core Team

There is also an updated link on the OP (look for "announcements") with the latest details on it.

legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Still can't sync Sad  It's been a while now... should have been sorted out by now?

If you're stuck in the dead fork you have to either use a bootstrap blockchain download from us (see OP), or wait for our rollback fix, or try sync up from scratch.

I thought a rollback was the most secure way to remove the rouge blocks and fix the ongoing corruption.

Is that the best of a worst bunch of options? It does come with some risks.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Ok - Windows blockchain has been updated with one that is synced up past the fork correctly -

http://monero.cc/downloads/blockchain/win/blockchain.bin
sha: 8c23da70c1291a61444090d8d5127dd6c12efa81

We won't update that blockchain for a few days, although when it updates once the patch is fully tested and deployed that sha will obviously change:)

Thanks for your patience!
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Another reason may be that the still lasting issues hardly effect daytrading at exchanges.
Activity: 150
Merit: 100
Interesting how stable the prize is, considering the delays.

I believe this to be the increased confidence in the devs. They have shown to be consistent in their delivery and extremely fast in reacting to any major issues. They have remained professional and to investors this is a huge plus. There are other factors but for me this is one of the coins I hold without worry.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com

If we are talking in the broadest sense. Are we talking this year?

I would imagine so, yes - I'm running i2pd in its current form to connect to irc2p, and now that most of the memory leaks have been squashed it's quite stable. There's still a lot of work to be done (the "moving parts" I mentioned), but it's way, way further ahead than when we first partnered up with i2p:)
Jump to: