Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1466. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
bigtimespaghetti.com
Hi guys, finally got my Monero wallet setup and familiarized with it, so I'm wondering if any of you may be interested in some high quality commeriserative memorabilia?

Accepting Monero for my 'Goxxed For The Last Time' pure silver coins (little more than an ounce in each coin).

Shoot me a PM Smiley

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/goxxed-for-the-last-time-gold-and-silver-plated-508380

Laser engraved with purity and numbered!

donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Copy/paste what happens when you try to type 'exit'.
Nothing really happens... Sad
I can't to make new XMR Wallet ... I don't know what i have to do really with this?
Can somebody help me with this or you prefer to continue talk about
"An Elephant in the room"?
It's much more pretty interesting i understand it so clearly...  Sad

I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. If the Monero command-line client is not something you'd like to use, then use one of the GUIs as linked in our OP.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
what do you think ?
Morale: apple in your garden is scum & you don't even try to eat it. Elephant in the room can eat whatever he wants.   Cool
Poet without meatballs, damn.  Sad
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I was angry with my monero
I told my coin, my coin did end.
I was angry with my investment
I told it not, my investment did not grow.

And I covered it in dark.
Night and morning with my sweet code
And I sunned it with super network
And with soft deceitful hash rate.

And it grew both day and night,
Till it bore an apple bright.
And my foe beheld it shine.
And he knew that it was mine,

And into my garden stole
When the night had veiled the pole;
In the morning glad I see
My foe outstretched beneath the tree.

i hate you btcd

what do you think ?

payment id:56550745543f47ae944f9b57d880cdc9e094cd6dbc544ecfbe07a1c9d6d4c852
base address: 463tWEBn5XZJSxLU6uLQnQ2iY9xuNcDbjLSjkn3XAXHCbLrTTErJrBWYgHJQyrCwkNgYvyV3z8zctJL PCZy24jvb3NiTcTJ
 there my wallet if you want to tip me
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
How use this blockchain.bin ? Daemon tools tells Error in command line.
Try UltraISO  Cheesy
Copy/paste what happens when you try to type 'exit'.
Nothing really happens... Sad
I can't to make new XMR Wallet ... I don't know what i have to do really with this?
Can somebody help me with this or you prefer to continue talk about
"An Elephant in the room"?
It's much more pretty interesting i understand it so clearly...  Sad
Activity: 87
I'm really impressed by the DEVS response to the attack.
I would want that  DEVS make XMR Wallet work as before...  Sad

Works for me. Copy/paste what happens when you try to type 'exit'.

Could be a problem with your setup rather than the wallet.
I'm really impressed by the DEVS response to the attack.
I would want that  DEVS make XMR Wallet work as before...  Sad
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
I'm really impressed by the DEVS response to the attack. I hope the price dipps so I can buy back in. Smiley
I've updated to v0.8.8.3 on Win7-64bit, download new blockchain.bin
Open  bitmonerod.exe
"Sync data returned unknown top block: 206081 -> 207580 [1499 blocks (1 days) behind]
SYNCHRONIZATION started" That's all. EXIT doesn't work.
Open  simplewallet.exe but it freezes after enter of password.
I have try to make new XMR Wallet, but simplewallet.exe also freezes after enter of password.  What i did wrong or something wrong with NEW monero.win.x64.latest.zip (NEW blockchain.bin)?  Huh
 Sad 
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I've updated to v0.8.8.4 on OS X 10.9.4 (via Homebrew), and it sync'd nicely. Great work!

I intermittently get this message: "[P2P3][sock 21] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32". (The sock # varies.)

I was getting the same error message on v0.8.8.3, but I don't recall seeing it before the past week or two.

Is it related to the attack? Is my local copy of the blockchain corrupted? Or is this nothing to worry about?

No it's ok. One of many peers just go down or have connection problems.
pa
Activity: 528
Merit: 501
I've updated to v0.8.8.4 on OS X 10.9.4 (via Homebrew), and it sync'd nicely. Great work!

I intermittently get this message: "[P2P3][sock 21] Some problems at write: Broken pipe:32". (The sock # varies.)

I was getting the same error message on v0.8.8.3, but I don't recall seeing it before the past week or two.

Is it related to the attack? Is my local copy of the blockchain corrupted? Or is this nothing to worry about?
donator
Can we still expect per KB fees until September ~15th?

Good job if everything else is now working properly again.
Any comment on this? Smiley

We've been reeling this week to weed out any effects of the attack, so hard to say. We'll regroup tomorrow and see where we're at with that, but it has/had been progressing quite nicely: https://github.com/mikezackles/bitmonero/tree/fees_wip
legendary
Activity: 3836
Merit: 4969
Doomed to see the future and unable to prevent it
...But if there is an elephant in the room, we should point it out.

Completely off-topic but just thought I'd point out that if there is an Elephant in the room it Does NOT have to be pointed out. That is why it is called "An Elephant in the room", It is something you cannot miss.
Activity: 65
Can we still expect per KB fees until September ~15th?

Good job if everything else is now working properly again.
Any comment on this? Smiley
donator
You are connecting to pairs is the right chain as well as to pairs on the wrong chain. I would suggest you to ban the connections to the wrong ones, so you will reduce the possibilities of ending up on the wrong chain.

I mean, do this for every node you detect on the "dark side":

$ sudo iptables -A INPUT -s -j DROP

I did this and I ended up being correctly synchronized on the right chain.

My OS is win7 64bit ,not linux.

There's no need to do this, just use the latest version. Once you sync up to blocks 202612 - 202614 it will checkpoint to make sure you're on the right chain, and then it will start to ignore those bad peers.
Activity: 263
Merit: 250
Regarding coins I tend to think it parallels the world out there, which supports 160 different currencies.
There are 5-15 currencies in the world, depending on how you count; the rest is stamp collecting. Their number is shrinking as economic regions unite. Cryptos are global by design. Do you see where I am going with this?
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
There are no other market niches that would support a coin.

How long will you continue cooking CZ along the Good cop/bad cop layout? How about switching roles, switching into BadPony and Fluffyrpietila just for the change?

Regarding coins I tend to think it parallels the world out there, which supports 160 different currencies. Of course this implies that none of them can go to the moon, not even the Tetradrachmon unless you got in there really, really, really-really early (300y ago, that is before B.C.)

In my understanding all coins in the world were either gold, silver, mixture or debased thereof, or tokens exchangeable or redeemable in gold/silver.

That is 2 valuable things. Auxiliary monies have been salt, cattle, and fringe cases.

Yes, I have written a book about it. Happens to be that the only book I have ever written is about monetary history and silver in particular  Grin

What was your point again?
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
There are no other market niches that would support a coin.

How long will you continue cooking CZ along the Good cop/bad cop layout? How about switching roles, switching into BadPony and Fluffyrpietila just for the change?

Regarding coins I tend to think it parallels the world out there, which supports 160 different currencies. Of course this implies that none of them can go to the moon, not even the Tetradrachmon unless you got in there really, really, really-really early (300y ago, that is before B.C.)
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036
(Funny that I heard this same thing in the trollbox today.) You have an obsession on me, you know deep inside it is you who needs to apologize. But you won't do it. You don't even ask me to do anything, just stalk. The door is still open.

To others: this is a personal matter.

Of course you think I have an obsession with you because your ego is larger than your gigantic bald head (I'm kidding) (ok, not really Wink) .

But, seriously, I issue I have with Risto is that he has too much influence over crypto noobs who think because he has a little money, that that makes him smart. But to the rest of us his actions are transparent and not noble.

I like XMR. I hope it suceeds. I will probably reinvest.

But for XMR to succeed it needs to have new representation. Risto hurts the things he touches.

I have praised Risto for certain actions and insights he has provided over the years. When he is on, he can be a useful resource and encouragement to people. But when he's freaking out about his finances, he can become a detriment to the cause.

XMR, BBR, both - I dont care.  Im an early adopter no matter what. But if there is an elephant in the room, we should point it out.

It IS an obsession that you come to constantly (like: weekly - this forum has 100000s of accounts, how many do you involve weekly??) harass me, despite that I have said I don't want anything to do with you.

Your problem why I have banned you is that you have offended my family. That is something you need to apologize. Without it, there is no way to reconciliation. It is very simple. Apologize, or go away. I have nothing to say to you. This will not change, you are wasting your time and making a greater fool about yourself. Some things cannot be bought.
Jump to: