Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1476. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Where is a current windows blockchain? The one in the op is over a month old.

I think we are all waiting patiently.  The devs need some sleep  Smiley
https://mega.co.nz/#!rbggbrgbrgbrgbLINKTRHEDBrbrgbrgbrgbgrjw win64 blockchain #203437 block

If I recall correctly, this was not approved by the devs.

Correct. Not approved doesn't mean we know it is bad, but still, not approved.
donator
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1060
GetMonero.org / MyMonero.com
Brief update -

We're busy working on pinning the bad block as a sort-of checkpoint, so that you'll never end up on the bad fork even if you're catching up. As soon as this is out then everyone will be able to catch-up, including our poor Windows blockchain box that has tried a bunch of times:)
Activity: 649
Merit: 500
Since XMR was hacked and forked the developers have frozen the ability to sell or buy these coins.

This thread will serve as a front for users to sell, or buy

Couldn't manage to sell this XMR

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Not surprising XMR gets attacked and will continue to be a target with such vitriol towards their own father that made their birth possible..
constantly referring to them as scamdevs and acting as if XMR is the immaculate conception

Hmm

First it was XMR.

Seems it not looks good for BBR.. The next in line to be hack

Except not spotted. And this particular fork has succeeded.   Cry

Now we need a hard fork ?

Something smells here, and it ain't my feet...
Activity: 87
Merit: 10
I'm uploading a synced win x64 blockchain on the right fork to mega just now, will be done in ~35 mins. I'll post the link here when uploaded.
Activity: 33
Merit: 0
Activity: 78
Merit: 10
I'm have a problem with sync.

Seem to be stuck on 202656 so wrong fork i guess. Cry

I have deleted the 'blockchain.bin', downloaded one from 30 odd days ago (from the OP of this topic) and allowed everything to catch up. However, it is still stuck on 202656.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

+1 I need to get it fixed asap
legendary
Activity: 1762
Merit: 1011

Downloaded it, and Monero tells me "Can't load blockchain storage from file". I guess it's not legit. Might have been created with an older version, or a pre-rc1 version of the .NET GUI?
legendary
Activity: 3668
Merit: 6382
Looking for campaign manager? Contact icopress!
That one's a month old. You still have to sync the rest and you might still end up on the wrong fork, I did.
Best to wait for an official update from the devs.

I can see it now, then wait for the devs to take out bin

Any idea when the update is expected?

I'd assume it'll happen as soon as the devs got some sleep
Activity: 38
That one's a month old. You still have to sync the rest and you might still end up on the wrong fork, I did.

Any idea when the update is expected?
legendary
Activity: 1456
Merit: 1000
Anyone able to validate that BBR has been attacked too?

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8684458

I thought they patched?

Account looks suspicious, too.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
You get your moneritos back once you're on the right fork.
~ Myagui

Thanks you, i'm reassured now, it wasn't a lot of XMR actually, but it's always annoying to lose money heh  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1154
Merit: 1001
What would happen if i was on the wrong fork and just sent some xmr to a friend ? Did i just lose them or will i be able to retrieve them once i get on the right fork ?

You get your moneritos back once you're on the right fork.
~ Myagui
Activity: 210
What would happen if i was on the wrong fork and just sent some xmr to a friend ? Did i just lose them or will i be able to retrieve them once i get on the right fork ?
Activity: 525
Merit: 250
Dear Users,

We are glad to announce that HitBTC resumes XMR trading.

Sincerely,
The HitBTC Team
legendary
Activity: 2268
Merit: 1141

I think we are all waiting patiently.  The devs need some sleep  Smiley
https://mega.co.nz/#!rbggbrgbrgbrgbLINKTRASHEDBrbrgbrgbrgbgrjw win64 blockchain #203437 block

to me everything is OK with exchanges(mintpal, polonex) with blockchain.
can continue to troll and write useless posts

There's no trolling here. After the recent attack, don't you think it's wise to be cautious of a blockchain that hasn't been endorsed by the devs?

Wasn't saying that you or he were trolling, just that the link was not approved by the devs and people should be cautious when downloading it.
Activity: 50
Activity: 183

https://mega.co.nz/#!rbggbrgbrgbrgbLINKTRASHEDBrbrgbrgbrgbgrjw win64 blockchain #203437 block

There's no trolling here. After the recent attack, don't you think it's wise to be cautious of a blockchain that hasn't been endorsed by the devs?
Activity: 200
ugh, hurry up mintpal. this is nerve-racking. i depo'd coins on the correct chain yest, but it's still not reflected by my balance on their exchange, and no response. their support is normally top-notch. pls no mintgox. Edit: My mistake, Mintpal had in fact responded. Still 0 balance, but they did respond.

i'm fully updated on the correct chain now, after something like the fifth attempt. uploading win64 blockchain.bin to mega, but my upstream speed is pifitul. 14 hours to go, lol.

glad to see the price is still sensible on exchanges which are trading. soon as i get my coins from the exchange, i'm stashing them back in a cold wallet and forgetting about them for months/years. very stressful couple of days, but very happy to see that XMR is still strong.
Activity: 50

Activity: 697
Merit: 500

Jump to: