Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1529. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Monero Status Android Widget

A friend of mine made an android widget and app.

Hey cool app.  I can change currencies in the app but the widget is stuck on Australian dollars.  What am I missing?

I had the same issue. Just found it out: you must select the currency to display *when you add the widget* (there is a moment where you can choose, then click "Done"). So just trash the current widget, add a new one and you should see what I'm talking about.

EDIT: Very cool app btw!
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team
The app looks great. I would want that for my iPhone. Do you know if he plans to release that as well?

iPhone support will likely have to wait because of Apple's censorship of applications. People need to understand that their choice in operating systems has consequences. For example: I was busy buying XBT in late 2011 and 2012 in the 2 USD to 6 USD range. If one waited to purchase XBT for approval from the Apple censorship board the price is more in the 450 - 650 USD range. iPhone users that waited for Apple's permission are now able to purchase XBT at a 10000% mark-up from GNU/Linux and Android/Linux users such as myself.  Grin

Though I appreciate your point here, and I run Arch Linux machines mostly...  You could still just buy bitcoin via the browser on any iOS device couldn't you?

Yes one could do that back in 2011/2012 and then one could also store the XBT in MTGox. Jail-breaking was also possible. The reality is that anything that is very cutting edge and innovative is not going to come first on a censored platform such as IOS where permission to innovate must first be obtained. XMR is no exception.
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

Hey cool app.  I can change currencies in the app but the widget is stuck on Australian dollars.  What am I missing?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
The app looks great. I would want that for my iPhone. Do you know if he plans to release that as well?

iPhone support will likely have to wait because of Apple's censorship of applications. People need to understand that their choice in operating systems has consequences. For example: I was busy buying XBT in late 2011 and 2012 in the 2 USD to 6 USD range. If one waited to purchase XBT for approval from the Apple censorship board the price is more in the 450 - 650 USD range. iPhone users that waited for Apple's permission are now able to purchase XBT at a 10000% mark-up from GNU/Linux and Android/Linux users such as myself.  Grin

Though I appreciate your point here, and I run Arch Linux machines mostly...  You could still just buy bitcoin via the browser on any iOS device couldn't you?
legendary
Activity: 2282
Merit: 1050
Monero Core Team

legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Nah. he isnt working on iOS...
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
legendary
Activity: 1428
Merit: 1001
getmonero.org

Updates

•Added XMR Markets to main app (only poloniex.com offers them atm)
•Added melotic.com exchange.
•Added Market Capitalization to 2x2 widget

Google Store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tr.monerostatus

If anyone feels like donating: 47g3CVqBdmPZgPEA8m2hjT4aosiNhmELD3jdQVbtbooVGuCjHfY7aBUQo5p2Qirk7629LiFZWH7ZWMZ nSAZ5n7paP7ePThK
Many thanks to the four donators! Cheesy
legendary
When is the Monero missives due? Really looking forward to them
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
Damn so many bad shares:2,750 in 24 horas  Angry  Monero...  Pool minergate
Is Normal   Huh
Contact the pool for support, or try another pool. This is not the pool support thread.
Ty Wink
what better pool for miner ?

It is forbidden for us, pool-owners to advertise about our pool.
There is a pool list in the first post of this thread.
You can go on IRC #monero or #monero-pools to talk about pools.
Most pool have a separate thread for support, just search for the name of the pool on the forum to find it.

It is impossible to tell which pool is better unless you compare your gain by splitting you hash on different pool.
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free
Hi,
Will the tx go back to a lower value? Any ETA for that to happen?
Thanks.

[...]
Work is underway to fix this permanently by switching to per-kb fees, and we expect to have this fully tested and deployed within the next 2-3 weeks, after which time transaction fees will go back to "normal"Wink
legendary
Activity: 1652
Merit: 1057
Hi,
Will the tx go back to a lower value? Any ETA for that to happen?
Thanks.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003

Also, list of pools available in #monero-pools @ freenode.net. Use !pools command and irc bot will PM you with a list.
Activity: 597
Merit: 500

Is Normal   Huh

Contact the pool for support, or try another pool. This is not the pool support thread.

Ty Wink
what better pool for miner ?
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
Speaking of marketing, who else thinks looking into this might be a good idea (to reach the normal people who find this forum gives them hives)?

http://www.deepdotweb.com/advertise-on-deepdotweb/

I think it is premature to promote XMR to the broader user community.  Wait until the DB work is done and the core functions of the GUI wallet are in place.

Yeah, otherwise masses will put a nerd-ish stamp on it.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198

Is Normal   Huh

Activity: 597

Is Normal   Huh
legendary
How does the XMR clone have a bigger market share than it itself

What?
Activity: 854
How does the XMR clone have a bigger market share than it itself
legendary
Activity: 2016
Merit: 1259

On the GUI, many in the broader user community may find the the third party GUI developed by Jojatekok to be sufficient. He's continued to put a lot of work in and definitely has a following. I can't try it myself because I'm a Windows free zone, but I would encourage others to test and give him constructive feedback.

Excuse my laziness, but do you have a link for this handy?

Thanks

Edited into post above

A response with even more speed than I had come to expect from you guys! Grin Cool 

Thanks

Jump to: