Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1526. (Read 4670622 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
On the month, at present, per cryptonator, XMR outperformed 329 alts, underperformed 164 alts, with a 5.05% loss.

Adding features is harmless, until they impede utility.  The largest upside potential comes from attaining to de facto monopoly of a liquidity provider niche.  It is easy to destroy any such aspirations, in order to gain a more easily secured but much lower reward goal, by means of features.  But only features which are entirely consistent with that highest goal can be tolerated without sacrificing it.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
coutinuous innovation is needed to boost XMR.

I heartily disagree.

There seems to be this myth floating around that if an alt coin just adds enough cool features that the price will explode.

I too don't buy into that way of thinking.
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
I think for total amount is moneropool.com
for pourcentage see table on first page.
legendary
Activity: 1904
Merit: 1003
I'm looking to mine for the pool that pays the most in donations to the XMR-devs. Does anyone know which pool that is?

OMG, dude, look at OP. There is a table with donation percents.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
I'm looking to mine for the pool that pays the most in donations to the XMR-devs. Does anyone know which pool that is?
legendary
Activity: 1918
Merit: 1190
Present transaction with 0.005 or 0.01 Fee is allways added in blockchain .

For the last hour . I have see 8 block with transaction bad fee.
http://chainradar.com/xmr/block/7521c05e1a1a43300d920031bb1611f57ec7f20d54b71f13442c82d5da477384
http://chainradar.com/xmr/block/152831718396c7d5ff90b136c835bceb397f5445cb4d208896ee316bf12ead04

I think is blockchain stop grow is only for one raison attack is stoped for other motif.
now, Is allways possible flood blockchain.
legendary
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1000

I heartily disagree.

Let dark market call you or you need to call them
legendary
Activity: 1624
Merit: 1008
Hey i've spent a while looking for that post fluffypony made a while back on this thread about to create a super-secure xmr paper wallet. Did anyone bookmark it, the search functions on here aren't too helpful? thanks!  Smiley

Is this what you were looking for? 

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.8246348
Activity: 826
Merit: 500
Of the 7 devs working on Monero, how many are working on it full time?
legendary
Activity: 1512
Merit: 1012
Still wild and free

That is true for 99.9% of altcoins, but not XMR. Goes well with your name, though.
legendary
Activity: 3570
Merit: 1959
Hey i've spent a while looking for that post fluffypony made a while back on this thread about to create a super-secure xmr paper wallet. Did anyone bookmark it, the search functions on here aren't too helpful? thanks!  Smiley
donator
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1036

I heartily disagree.
Activity: 14
Merit: 0
legendary
david is a fine gentleman I'm just questioning what this could bring to monero.
Maybe some experiment could be ported to Monero (like populating the Github wiki and developping a Raspberry wallet - also, HYP proved that an ANN can be both self-moderated and widely accepted) but for the most part, HyperStake is just an unrelated project. As kbm mentioned "it's okay to support more than one coin". HyperStake was started more than one month ago and my personal goals were (and still are):
  • working with someone I like (presstab)
  • having PoS wallets done right (and HYP probably has the best High-PoS wallet out there)
  • joining an experimentation-friendly coin

Remember this: assume good faith. It does wonder to your mental health (at least it does to mine)

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am the primary dev for HyperStake. David has brought me into the XMR world and I quite enjoy the coin. I think it has many technological innovations that set it apart from the hundreds of other coins.

I wouldn't be worried about David's role in HYP.  We created HYP so that we could have our own coin wallet to modify and add RPC commands to, test hard forks, etc. So far we are having a lot of fun with it because we love PoS.  But I don't think HYP and XMR are competitors or even in the same ballpark at all. One is a fun project and the other is a serious crypto that may change the way we look at currency.

I wouldn't either. I think it's great that people work with whatever makes them happy. Experimenting with crypto in general at all angels, how can this be a bad thing for a dev?'

Good luck David. Lets hope you bring some good ideas from everywhere!
legendary
Activity: 1330
Merit: 1000
Blockchain Developer
david is a fine gentleman I'm just questioning what this could bring to monero.
Maybe some experiment could be ported to Monero (like populating the Github wiki and developping a Raspberry wallet - also, HYP proved that an ANN can be both self-moderated and widely accepted) but for the most part, HyperStake is just an unrelated project. As kbm mentioned "it's okay to support more than one coin". HyperStake was started more than one month ago and my personal goals were (and still are):
  • working with someone I like (presstab)
  • having PoS wallets done right (and HYP probably has the best High-PoS wallet out there)
  • joining an experimentation-friendly coin

Remember this: assume good faith. It does wonder to your mental health (at least it does to mine)

Just wanted to introduce myself, I am the primary dev for HyperStake. David has brought me into the XMR world and I quite enjoy the coin. I think it has many technological innovations that set it apart from the hundreds of other coins.

I wouldn't be worried about David's role in HYP.  We created HYP so that we could have our own coin wallet to modify and add RPC commands to, test hard forks, etc. So far we are having a lot of fun with it because we love PoS.  But I don't think HYP and XMR are competitors or even in the same ballpark at all. One is a fun project and the other is a serious crypto that may change the way we look at currency.
Activity: 597
Merit: 500
Is there any program to unstable Nvidia GPU Miner Monero ?

I´m use ccminer-cryptonight-windows but the windows so heavy and low.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
Monero (XMR)   0.00379056 BTC   -10.17%   past month

https://www.cryptonator.com/winners-losers
compared with other alt coins,-10.17% is not so much.

Correct. Last 30 days column from http://www.bitcoinwisdom.com. -10% one of the best performing coins.

legendary

right

REDD DRK BC lost almost 50%

doge is only 5% of its peak value

And a lot of coins are at 0% of their peak value haha
Activity: 14
Merit: 0

right

doge is only 5% of its peak value
Activity: 749
Merit: 503
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World

right

Jump to: