Author

Topic: [XMR] Monero - A secure, private, untraceable cryptocurrency - page 1531. (Read 4670622 times)

Activity: 219
Merit: 100
if needed i opened to public a bitmonerod instance reachable on host: xmr1.coolmining.club and port 5012.

So you can open your wallet like this without the need to run a local bitmonerod instance :

on linux :
 rlwrap ./simplewallet --wallet-file /path/to/wallet/wallet.bin --password '******' --daemon-address xmr1.coolmining.club:5012

on windows should be the same except rlwrap doesnt exist by default on windows.

So no more fastidious downloading of the blockchain for people with little connection, they just need to be able to run simplewallet.

This service is as is, don't complain about security ! and the blockchain file is in ramfs, so you can always try to save_bc Smiley
Activity: 65
Merit: 10
Not a big deal, ofc.
Blame smooth.  Kiss
Activity: 219
Merit: 100
Thanks, the brackets of wallet help for paymentID confused me.
I had to set mixing to 0, fees are kinda high and I'm just testing with micro amounts.
Wallet reports success so far...

Edit: Polo is confirming. Seems like daemon running without issues with limited tx speed. Smiley
I just set it to 10kb/s and it still seems to be working normally, no problem with communication to wallet apparent.

Whoa wonderfull ! Smiley you just achieved what a lot of other did !
Thanks, the brackets of wallet help for paymentID confused me.
I had to set mixing to 0, fees are kinda high and I'm just testing with micro amounts.
Wallet reports success so far...

Edit: Polo is confirming. Seems like daemon running without issues with limited tx speed. Smiley
I just set it to 10kb/s and it still seems to be working normally, no problem with communication to wallet apparent.
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1004
Yes that should be fine. As long as you aren't solo mining you don't need high speed. Even then you don't need a lot of bandwidth, just low latency.

Please report back how it works. Others may benefit from this as well!
Well, I received from Polo instantly, by having daemon tx speed limited to 30kb/s. Smiley
Can someone please give me noob a template how to transfer to Polo with payment ID? Then I'll also test outgoing transfers.

are you using simplewallet?

Code:
transfer

use a mixin factor > 1
Yes that should be fine. As long as you aren't solo mining you don't need high speed. Even then you don't need a lot of bandwidth, just low latency.

Well, I received from Polo instantly, by having daemon tx speed limited to 30kb/s. Smiley
Can someone please give me noob a template how to transfer to Polo with payment ID? Then I'll also test outgoing transfers.
legendary
Activity: 2968
Merit: 1198
It is something we are working on. Most of it is people downloading the entire blockchain (using poorly behaved code). We encourage people to use the static web downloads but we can't force that.

If the bandwidth usage is too much for you to handle, as a work around you can block incoming connections, but we don't encourage this generally because it will make the network unstable if too many people do it.

Thanks for response.
What about limiting TX speed with 3rd party program (e.g. cFosSpeed)?

It is something we are working on. Most of it is people downloading the entire blockchain (using poorly behaved code). We encourage people to use the static web downloads but we can't force that.

If the bandwidth usage is too much for you to handle, as a work around you can block incoming connections, but we don't encourage this generally because it will make the network unstable if too many people do it.

Thanks for response.
What about limiting TX speed with 3rd party program (e.g. cFosSpeed)?
legendary
Activity: 3766
Merit: 5146
Whimsical Pants
Come over to XC coin, we've got a great community with lots of exciting developments in the works!
How does the XC anonymity feature trump the one of XMR?
I think I can safely say that XC holds a lot of "promise".

I'm just a bit concerned that this is a brand of margarine.

EDIT:  I should have held my peace perhaps, but I find my own jokes too amusing sometimes.

I CHALLENGE you to stop the jokes!

legendary
Normal for the time being, yes. These are transactions floating around in the network that miners reject because the old client's fee is too low. It's the recent stopgap patch at work.
Is it also normal that the bandwidth is so high?
It eats up my 5mbit upstream.

Normal for the time being, yes. These are transactions floating around in the network that miners reject because the old client's fee is too low. It's the recent stopgap patch at work.
Is it also normal that the bandwidth is so high?
It eats up my 5mbit upstream.
legendary
Activity: 930
Merit: 1010
Come over to XC coin, we've got a great community with lots of exciting developments in the works!

What unique features does it have that is not trumped by other coins?
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas

EDIT:  I should have held my peace perhaps, but I find my own jokes too amusing sometimes.
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1030
Sine secretum non libertas
Update

I'm guessing you're missing about 20% of the log-weighted mass on the tail due to under-reporting by small holders.
Activity: 560
Merit: 500
Is it normal to see such kind of errors?

Is it normal to see such kind of errors?
Activity: 560
Merit: 500

I sincerely hope you don't quit your day job to become a detective. It's just not your thing.
legendary
Is still profitable to mine?

If your costs are low it is profitable.

It isn't extremely profitable or anything, but I'm told nothing is now, so you take what you can get.

Activity: 84
Is still profitable to mine?
legendary
any idea why the difficulty is up so much ?!

Difficulty follows price
Jump to: